Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

No the modernlines went just before the car came off the road and I bought the rh with the money, I am now unsure if to keep these now! I have had them 2year though lol

rubbed down the steering rack and tie rods and painted them up, cleaned up the gearbox and primed and painted that aswell, just gotta laquer it. waiting for my stainless bolts to land, my front engine mount has landed and i just need a rear one now. cant wait now :D

paint looks fantastic, big investment but well worth having done and done properly

on the bolts, don't use stainless for any high-tensile bolts will you, like engine and subframe mountings

So, subframe is built and back in with new steering rack, arms tie rods track rod ends ball joints. Hubs have been stripped blasted powdercoated and had new bearings and mounting plates fitted, which means i can finally and for the first time fasten a brake disc in place with the little screw :o. My ultra sonic cleaner came and I've given all the injectors two runs through it, not sure if I should of got some fluid to go in it aswell but I need to rub down the metal bit and repaint them before they are finished. Still got plenty to do, going to clean all the plugs and connectors in the engine bay and rewrap the loom in fresh tape, got some other bits I need to buy new!

Here is todays activites. the subframe is completey mounted now, hubs are on but it makes the coilovers look really shoddy!

now to clean up all my plugs in the engine bay and start reassembling! :)

i had bought some brake splash guards from here quite a while ago and it seems that the fronts were for a 16v/g60 and so were completly wrong for the vr6, i ordered some vr6 ones from the stealers today and they have turned up. also ordered the bolts to hold them in place aswell. i dunno whether to powdercoat them or just paint them black with some spray hammerite. im also waiting to see if a friend has a spare old cv joint i can put on the car so i can roll it about without having to worry about ruining the new wheel bearings. ive got some sound deadening to put in and then i can start putting the carpets back in.

Here is todays activites. the subframe is completey mounted now, hubs are on but it makes the coilovers look really shoddy!

now to clean up all my plugs in the engine bay and start reassembling! :)

Look at that! I've got some hub knuckles i need to refurb and some new bearings, just need to get some new hubs and it'll look like a tatty version of yours.

the hub faces and abs rotors are febi units.part number 01298. i work at a motor factors so ordered them through work :) the hub knuckles i bought a second set and had the work done. in fact i now have the old ones sat in the garage. i might get them stripped and sell them on!

Back to the dealers today to pick up my brake splash guards and bolts to hold them on. Then back to the engineers for some bolts to mount the anti roll bar links, looking at bag at I think I have made a school boy error and mounted my arms upside down. Which was round should the lugs point on the arms?

Answers on a postcard!

Any who. Pics of the new bits

Oh dear! Make sure you get the anti room bar the right way too. Wasn't really obvious when I put mine back together

Well I've looked and searched and I put the u shape that's vaguely there to point down, is that right, it never even crossed my mind that they might be the wrong way round lol

I dunno why it tickled me so much that one. I guess I'm just hip or fly enough mate :D as can be seen by #pinkcowboyhat

So, hopefully gonna get a cv joint from a friend if he has found one and then I can swap the arms round out the brake guards on and refit the wheels and have a rolling she'll once again