Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

def940ec455886ad77d2488294db8980.jpg06c17f5e06dd1382b6484fa0aa563ad0.jpg

New badge and some "show" plates to go in when I next go :) dunno what to do with the badge tho!

got some more bits done today.

Bumper is mounted but not bolted up. bonnet is bolted on, plate light is in but waiting for some new screws.

i have lost a set of the stainless screws that dave did to fit hte fogs but i just had to put them in to see what it looked like again!

So, the car was booked in for a windscreen yesterday. Got a phonecall to say the seal kit had bits missing from it but the windscreen was coming in at lunch. Told me the new kit should b here today.

Phoned at 9 to see how it was coming on and was told it would be between 12-3pm that the seal kit would get there. Heard nothing more, phoned at 4 ( i started work at half6 this morning so i could get off early!) and, the seal kit has come and its complete but the windscreen isnt here! I couldnt believe it! I dont get upset by stuff like this because i work in the motor trade and it sucks to have someone having a go at you for something that isnt your fault. i completly understand that stuff goes wrong and its noones fault!

So the guy who i spoke to said the screen would be there tomorrow but he watned to do it himself because they are quite awkward but the next time he can do it is next tuesday! So that means ive had toi postpone the garage for the rest of the work doing!

Bah!

I had the similar problems, windscreen in, seals didn't fit, windscreen out, new seals... New windscreen. Will be worth it in the end

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Screen is in and it's round at the garage for everything bleeding, news today clutch is done so it drives but just doesn't stop yet!

Almost there now! d7e9571a698534f48526df918b0e977f.jpga7ef61a7170acf4a9154906e47b947a7.jpg

Scuttle panel cut/ drilled and washer jets fitted just need a t piece and then I can complete fitting it.

dd836ecd6c70d78ac5528c3452c760c2.jpg

Carbon numberplate plinth and carbon light cover

09e11fb4af86f54dc023788c6717b86b.jpg

Stunning looking VR. Great to see you've owned it for years and kept it regardless, as well. They're still such good looking things, despite the design being over 25 years old.

Big thanks to dave again who came and vag-commed the car, have got a new throttle position sensor to fit now and hopefully that will sort the idle issue. have now got front washer jets and also a working abs light.

Just to fit the arms and were go for an MOT!!

Replaced throttle position sensor with one that didn't look quite right and it didn't fix it, checked all pipes were tight and connected, will have to run it and see if it clears up a bit! Not booked for

Thursday, fitted both sets of numberplates. I've put Velcro on them so they are easy to swap over!

Darks ones are quite dark tho!

Well, I just read all of it! It was very interesting to read it and to see all the process that went into it. I started reading because you had Schmidt ML which I want and got sucked in the story of your car lol.

Nice work, but no updates in years, what happened? You bought a house or something ha ha! Cheers

Edited by ABV-VR6

He did buy a house! and is currently having an ongoing battle with power steering or lack of which seems not to be broken parts but hidden demon spirits causing chaos. Replaced literally every single part in the power steering assembly and still having same problem... Corrado's eh, who'd have them!!!

He did buy a house! and is currently having an ongoing battle with power steering or lack of which seems not to be broken parts but hidden demon spirits causing chaos. Replaced literally every single part in the power steering assembly and still having same problem... Corrado's eh, who'd have them!!!

Ha ha I figured! That would change your priorities for sure, I know too well! I remembered it was in the talks in his thread. Good for him, I know the garage situation was not the best... Hopefully that power steering gets sorted out...

Thanks for letting me know shiftkid! Nice car by the way. I remember you went over to give him a hand too right!? Nice of you, cheers!

It's the life of Corrado ownership, when things don't go right interest soon drops off. I'm the same at the moment, think me and phil are going to try get a 2 for 1 price for an exorcist to come and get rid of the demons in our cars.

I'll drop him another text and poke him to give it another go for this summer.

Amen to that! Yeah, it's a love/hate relationship. I hope you find your problem soon, I wish I could guide you toward a solution but I'm afraid you know more than me. I'll cross my fingers on the coming full moon while touching wood, hopefully that does something! :)

Cheers mate