Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Promised i would get one and here she is, got it last night and boy is it fun :D

love it, from the ride to the power to the seating, everything is spot on

picked it up from near mansfield so got to drive it all the way back home :D

132k, chain & tensioner done at 113k, new rad, Eibach springs, new shocks, lots of reciepts, FSH (first 10 at VW), Not too bad and fuel either, does about same as my 1.8 Bravo used to get lol. Plans for it but dunno where to start hehe. Already has the Lupo wiper upgrade( or so im told but it has aero wipers so i guess they are lol)

anyways enough babble to the pics, havent managed to get any of my own because its been dark as soon as i get home from work and i wanna polish it before i take some pics :D so images from auto trader

Auto_Trader.jpeg

Auto_Trader2.jpeg

Auto_Trader3.jpeg

Auto_Trader4.jpeg

Auto_Trader5.jpeg

Edited by Philuk

They have no branding on the centre cap, but i was imformed by the previous owner they are BBS upgrade for the corrado?? might be wrong tho. They ave ben polished and they look sweet as, im in 2 minds weather to buy any wheels or anything for it cause they look nice lol. but i want some wheels for show time :p

Nice! As the others have said, those Brands Hatch wheels are very very uncommon so even if you decide to change the wheels make sure you hang onto them! Don't flog them on!

Nice car :D

Those wheels are pretty rare, 'Brands Hatch' optional extra. I like 'em :)

thank you ! iv bin racking my brain trying to remamber what they were called ! :lol:

most have commented on how tidy the bodywork is for the age of the car, it spends most of its time locked up in a garage i rent just so no vandals can be at her!

most have commented on how tidy the bodywork is for the age of the car, it spends most of its time locked up in a garage i rent just so no vandals can be at her!

Smart man. I live at a university so I have to keep it in a public lot. Even though it's gated and you have to have a certain ID to get in, it's still always getting trashed.

Nothing much happened since i got her! xmas an all. Got my stereo put in and one of the subs just need to wire up the other speakers and such.

Got my headlamp protectors on and have managed to crack one of em :? so i guess that shows they work lol!

and ordered my wheels on the 3rd of january! i ordered the keskin KT1's and then 3 weeks later the company told me they couldnt get any for a month or so :( - tried loads of places just wasnt happening so i changed my mind and ordered the Schmidt Modernline (only single piece i kno but i didnt have an extra £600 for 3 piece or i would! lol) and they arrived Today! 2 weeks after placing the order they turned up at work

Photo-0045.jpg

they look well nice, i got 9x16 for the rear and 7.5x16 for the front, i expected them to be alot deeper than they actually were but there still nice :D, got 215/40/16 tyres on the rear and 195/45/16 on the front all falcons!. went to have a look at fittings and they have sent me 12x1.5 bolts instead of 14x1.5 which is what the vr6 needs lol. so gotta wait a week till new bolts come from germany! (i didnt have any in at work) and aswell it gives me some more time to save for coilovers! :D

Thanx for looking! will get more pics up asap :)

got a couple more pics of the wheels, still not got coilovers yet! money is tight atm, correct wheel bolts have come and am just waiting for a bit nicer weather which we aint getting up here and the coilovers before i put em on! :) phone pics so they a bit crappy!. 205/40/16 on 9x16 for rear and 195/45/16 for 7.5x16 fronts :) Schmidt Modernlines

Photo-0049.jpg stretch :)

Photo-0048.jpg

Photo-0046.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

i kno i already put this but i like it :D

Thanks for looking Comments welcome!

MOT Time!

Well it sounded like it would be a good time!

took it into the MOT station, got a phonecall back, needs a track rod end and a bottom ball joint, thought yes easy change over and cheap MOT, not bad for a 135k car :D

went to pick it up the day after to hear the bad news, it had taken nearly 2 hours to get the TRE off, B/j was done BUT they couldnt track it up, was showing +15degree camber, muchos badness, first impressions of the mechanic were its had the wrong rack fitted to it at some point during its life, chop down the rack and refit to retrack the car.

Got a call the following day the rack WAS correct BUT whoever had fitted it had fitted it 2" to the side, explaining why it turned right like a london taxi but left like an oil tanker. took nearly another 2 hours to put it back central, track it and remot it ready for me to collect. all in all £192 bill. Smeg!, but i suppose i can look it at as the fact it only did fail on the TRE and BBJ and that th rest was some donut not being able line up a steering rack properly. ( btw before someone says its harder than you think im sure it is but if your gonna do a job do it properly hey!?) :p lol.

anyways it back on the road now and im skint so i cant afford the coilovers for another couple of weeks! meh

Me my girlfriend and a couple of mates went on a random mission today! To.......Goathland! near whitby lol. This is the set for Heartbeat. stopped on the way to get a couple of pics and here are some of them :)

DSCF1413.jpg

DSCF1425.jpg

DSCF1433.jpg

any of you that watch heartbeat will like this one :D we asked the bloke if we could park outside his shop for a photo and he said yea! :D

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1452.jpg

DSC00329Resized.jpg

now my only question is, do i colour code the grill or dont bother, i cant make my mind up. im thinking yea but then again thinking no :?

:D

i kno they nice aint they! hehe

and the numberplate, i got a private reg to put on, it came with a private reg on so i just made these and chucked em on, litterally!

off to get my private reg put on in beverly tomorrow hopefully, got excited and ordered my coilovers which came yesterday! FK Highsport, are they easy enough to fit, is there a way of telling how old the top mounts are, im sure its had full new suspension within the past 3 years (its done about 5k in this time) so i dont kno weather ill need to replace them or not, are they expensive or just summot that should be done regardless of how long they been on. i want it lowering before ISTS aka donny show, so i dunno if i will have the wheels on by then, need arch work doing i think :?

PICS TO FOLLOW!!