Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Thanks Matt, painted a couple of bits up aswell, I understand the oil cooler points upto the top left but is there s specific way it mounts? I had a look earlier but couldn't be certain.

Incase your wondering there isn't any boot struts hence the pole lol

Got em, thanks Matt, I'm sure I'll be able to work it out, picked up some more stainless bolts today and some more washers so I can get some more bit on. Dunno if I'll be able to go this Saturday with it being Valentine's Day. Also a friend of mine has asked for some assistance possibly reselling his Sierra which is a job I don't fancy doing on a driveway!

The photos remind me of my garage at the moment. nice Work.

Re the oil cooler. Fitted mine recently and have a pic. Almost touches the filter housing.

20141010_190311.jpg

Cool thanks for the pic, didn't know if it located as such or just fit in place gonna have to put the oil filter housing on first :) going back tomorrow to drop some bits off and pick up some other bits, gonna try get some more bits on the engine

Got some more pieces on the engine tonight starting to come together now and I'm getting excited about it :D need some more bolts to finish adding some bits, I struggled with the crack pipe trying to get it Into the block, I think the Inlet has rusted quite badly and I cleaned it out as best I could I managed to get it in but i now need some longer bolts to finish bolting the housing together, then I can try to finish bolting it all up. 753da592fff8530daf6b017c7c00f355.jpg49e1628dd642f42981c769b538e10a9d.jpge4c2b5568943b0fa4fa79b466be8224f.jpg9e1192013e25b1bc39f6112e7c33e4c1.jpg

I used a brand new plastic one, I couldn't warrant £75 on a metal one when a meyle plastic one is a tenner, I might regret the decision but it can't be that crap and mine was the original oe one, if the plastic one lasts half the time the old one has I'll be happy

There's a SS one available from the UK on ebay for about £65 delivered I linked into a thread a couple of weeks ago. Have a look in ebay & misc section, I'm on my phone so can't copy and paste from eBay for some reason, but its on my watch list!

Yea Sean it's one from awesome I think, again tho for the price of 1 you could have 6 plastic ones, if this one fails then I'll know I was wrong and should of gone metal from the start but I just can't justify it right now

I went with a plastic one when I rebuilt my engine too. Figured it had lasted 20 years, a replacement will last at least a few more!

Yea that's it, had to go and get some more bolts for the thermostat housing today, new housing and thermostat together, will have to wait till the weekend to bolt it all up tho I think

Going back tomorrow for a couple of hours, get to start the brake lines. Yay! :/ need to clean out the old power steering pipes that I have and give them a lick of paint aswell

Didn't get to go on Saturday had some bits to gather up and sort out, got some brake pipe and unions sorted, went there today but didn't get much done tbh. It started when we helped a friend put his windows back in his 67 cortina estate which is back from paint. Took longer than expected so when we got to the car and got sorted I remembered I needed to clean and paint the abs pump! Poop! So plugged up the inlets for the brake pipes and gave it all a scrub with degreaser and then a wire brush, El painted the cast body with some dark grey caliper paint, that I've used on the calipers aswell. (El did all the painting today because she has a steadier hand than me) got the calipers painted and managed to mount the oil filter housing and the coolant flange and thermostat housing. Gonna get some new sensors and clean the paint from the oil filter cap!

Some of the brake lines are are made now, gotta try and work out the other ones as they were remade but pretty crap, I can't remember where any of them go so I need to try and work that out!

Finished making all the lines except one which is the passenger front, painted the injectors and cleaned and painted the clutch pipe,