Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

hi chris your bringing the mk1 out into the daylight then lol. thats rich coming from me !. hows it going bud ? me vr is off the road again, insurance to high. got a small problem involving fiddly door mechs to do , really looking forward to doin that ! regards rob

Oh and i been a naughty boy and brought myself this.....................................................

ip8d2t.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

hi chris your bringing the mk1 out into the daylight then lol. thats rich coming from me !. hows it going bud ? me vr is off the road again, insurance to high. got a small problem involving fiddly door mechs to do , really looking forward to doin that ! regards rob

What!!! the insurance is to high ?? dude man up lol get it back on the road ;)

sorry mate i been in hospital so havent been checking my inbox or email try sending pm again

ttfn

langers

Still saying full. Do you have an email i can use?

Thanks

well again havent updated this for a while, went to GTI International at the weekend havent been for a few years now plus a mate wanted to show case his rallye to sell it,:( never taken the VR to a show so thought it be good idea, crackin weather on the sunday, good to see some old faces and some new, felt abit out of my league with some of the standard of cars on display but enjoyed the show all the same;) plus i had taken the rear coilovers off as one was making a funny noise (plastic dust cap was catching) so cleaned them up too but forgot to take a measurement so was riding a lot higher on the back which was noticably when up there lol

here's some piccys of my VR and some one i know from another forum took the first photo, it actually looks quiet mint in this one lol;)

Got some of the love back for the VR as she drove perfect on a 450 mile round trip,

ttfn

Chris

10cu69l.jpg

2rfv4pk.jpg

rjfwaf.jpg

Edited by Chris Langdon

Good to catch up with you Chris and finally see the VR (still love that Moonlight blue) its still one of my favourite Corrados and I hope that you find a way of keeping it and perhaps finding something less special for the daily duties.

cheers Gareth she aint a patch on yours mate, yeah its a diffucult one as the stone chips and lacquer peeling letting it down some what, and on reflection i maybe not entered it in show n shine. im just not in a position at the mo to spent the money it deserves to sort out the paint deflects. its like a great book your reading get three quarter of the way throught to put it down and not find out what the endings like lol. i want the paint up to the standard i want, a set of recaro's, as higher spec Vr as possible but funds are a bit tight. plus anybody that came up to me and said what a lovely car it is, said how corrado were losing money hand over fist!! which really cheerd me up:)

I'm sure once all the poor examples are gone prices will firm up and hopefully start to rise.

Thanks, I think its 580mm up front 590mm at the back on the 17s. The KWs are great when driving but you are never going to get OE comfort at low speed on poor roads

yep i know what you mean the H&R's are excellent been on the car nearly three years now and are awesome still like new when cleaned up but pot holes etc at low speeds with 17s on is not OE comfort but that said when driving the G40 and the mk1 its still very good. loved those Red BBS badges where did you get them from? was good to chat on sunday shame we could have spoke some more, as you and andy seem to know where im coming from, the major problem i have is im my worst person lol i have 3 VWs to maintain the rado should of always beem a standard daily but fell down the slippery slope and as my wife says i have all my fingers in all three pies lol ;)

The badges are from BBS Japan, try PWMotorsport but make sure you are sitting down. Enjoy the G40 for a while then sacrifice it for the greater good that is the Corrado.

lol oh really yep used phil walker before will look into it. the Rado is night and day over the G40. would like to get mine to yours and andy's standard

Edited by Chris Langdon

Glad you are keeping well Chris- would be good to catch up this summer.

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

yeah will have to catch up hows u? you still got your VR?

No sold the VR a few months back-- I couldn't part with my valver (so sorted and balanced)

bought a Eunos Roadster for the summer (been busy with that recently)

May be taking them both to Wadebridge Wheels on the 17th-- never been there before

looking great as ever langers , was good to catch up tonight with you n matt and the robster. thought mr rumbler might show [the valver is so sweet].seeing that mk2 g60 was nice . didnt know they did one . i was saying to matt i should have bought that g60 jet that was for sale on here a while back , nice to own something that is quite rare . see you soon bud ,regards rob .

Hello mate lol thanks buddy Yeah good to meet up with u lot rado looks sweet it's funny as all the Vws ive owned this one the only one that have given me such an emotional roller coaster lol it's probably cos it's the best/cleanest car I've owned

Edited by Chris Langdon

Saw this at Inters. Looked lovely. Such a nice colour and one I had originally been looking for.

thank you buddy, yeah its a lovely colour one thats gives that big smile when you have just washed it lol, i also love it as it changes colour in bright sun you can see the met colour well and as the sun goes it almost looks black

regards

chris

looking great as ever langers , was good to catch up tonight with you n matt and the robster. thought mr rumbler might show [the valver is so sweet].seeing that mk2 g60 was nice . didnt know they did one . i was saying to matt i should have bought that g60 jet that was for sale on here a while back , nice to own something that is quite rare . see you soon bud ,regards rob .

So you guys met up without telling me--- rude!

can I come next time please?

So you guys met up without telling me--- rude!

can I come next time please?

Of course you can mate, last thurs of each month at the Tenn Torrs pub, Kingsteignton.