Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

Well the first major job to do on the VR to get it back on the road was to fix the sunroof as it had Jammed :(

nice enjoyable job to do tho cleaned up the new one came up like a new pin but I noticed some of the panels I had taken off had broken bits so have been replacing them today, big thanks to Gareth for that ;)

got the new VW Battery in,

thought id start with some small mods first today on my birthday fitted some LED lights ;) one in the boot please with the brightness

will up load photos in the morning as it don't wanna a do it for some reason :(

Edited by Chris Langdon

Happy New Year to you all,

feels really good to be back in the old girl done a fair few miles in her now ;) and using it daily!!

so sorted out the sunroof :/

WD_0433_zpsbec577b3.jpg

WD_6763_zps4382d535.jpg

decided to upgrade the interior lights to LED one MASSIVE difference

WD_2AD1_zpsd9e1746d.jpg

WD_3FD5_zps8077d9ad.jpg

also decided that I fancied a change to the rear badge personally I fancied the black vw badge

WD_F46B_zpsb7aeaa1d.jpg

WD_466E_zps20030014.jpg

also decided to try out the bonnet bra Bill sold me years ago really chuffed with it ;)

WD_558E_zps3baaf8e4.jpg

also now that the G60s gone thought id treat myself to a few nice things first up windscreen wiper motor cover

also decided to revert back to OE orange side repeaters!!

Edited by Chris Langdon

Which LED's did you use for both the interior and boot lights please?

Any thoughts on doing the number plate ones?

Ian.

ha ha lol cheers mate hows you ? all ok?

All good thanks mate, hope all is well with you.. Those lights seem to be changing hand for outrageous money...

Always loved moonlight blue. That boot light is brighter than the standard headlights :D

Keep an eye on eBay led bulbs. I noticed smoke then flames coming from my interior light...

Burntbulb3.jpg

OOOOO Christ mine are the bulb type don't know if they are any better?? and were from a good company not china lol Jamie its properly cos you got that VSR Fitted................... best sell it to me ;)

Edited by Chris Langdon

OOOOO Christ mine are the bulb type don't know if they are any better?? and were from a good company not china lol Jamie its properly cos you got that VSR Fitted................... best sell it to me ;)

The thing is there's probably a million bulbs out there that are absolutely fine but this has just made me paranoid now. The light came on when I unlocked the car and I jumped straight and saw it, could have been a lot worse if say I'd been rifling round in the boot and not noticed it, just melted the lens on the interior light. Luckily it was my daily not the Corrado...

Chris I would have happily swapped my VSR for your Golf mate but alas you sold it :(

OOOOO Christ mine are the bulb type don't know if they are any better?? and were from a good company not china lol

Which company did you use for your LED's Chris out of interest, as that is rather concerning what Jamie has posted!

Ian.

Cheers mate thanks shes getting there slowly lol i think they were a UK based company they werent cheap ive fitted them to my wifes Passat too totally transformer the interior cheap mod to do avoid the 99p from china jobbys

Fitted a very good second hand 90mm Splitter as mines been cracked for years very pleased with it ;) il take some photos at the weekend also changed the OSF headlamp as one of the plastic legs that hold it in place had snapped :/ but noticed that the second hand one the reflectors were inside had decoloured gone black where as mine were mint inside so had a right faff swapping them over but worth it in the end lol

Photos!!

Hope you're well mate? Absolutely adore your VR on the speedlines for some reason...

wow haven't updated this for a while!!! took the old girl to a local classic car show yesterday really enjoyed it and a lot people appreciated the Corrado which was good..... you still do get people say nice scirocco mate lol :/