Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

does look bloody superb Chris, interested to talk about the polishing as i got one from my folks for my birthday so need to pluck up the courage first when i can move properly that is :roll:

lookin sweeet as bud ,lovely car as always, mine is tucked under her duvet for the winter hibernation :lol:

Part timer :camp:

lookin sweeet as bud ,lovely car as always, mine is tucked under her duvet for the winter hibernation :lol:

Part timer :camp:

i know iknow! but with them gritters comin out soon just dont see the point in havin a few hours of pleasure drivin her , then you have to grt the jetwash out to get the salt off ....bla bla :lol:

This car just gets better and better. I think it looks (dare i say it) equally as good on the Speedlines.

Good work that man! :salute:

This car just gets better and better. I think it looks (dare i say it) equally as good on the Speedlines.

Good work that man! :salute:

thanks mate, i like the speedlines but i feel they should of always been 16s or 17s to fill the arches more

cheers for the comments its come along way since i brought it, but still more to do :norty:

regards

chris :)

so i decided to clean the underneath of my car today, still got a bit more to do to finish off, please with the results a bit weird that its not painted blue?? anyone elses like this?

The amount of paint underneath is different on each car. I dont think they were supposed to be actually 'painted' but depending on how low down the painter got doing the sills affected how far underneath the paint got. It looks more uniform from the side view as opposed to directly underneath.

That's really strange though - every VW i've ever seen of that era has been painted almost fully underneath... agree about the amounts differ though and the fact that Corrado's were painted by Karmann and not VW. Underseal is certainly doing it's job though and I would have thought you could tell if it was a re-shell...

yeah defo not a reshell, i thought mine was painted til i got it up in the air and started cleaning, only a little over spray underneath mines a early ish VR seems the later ones were finished of better???

If your using it in the winter Id get some other protection on the underside. Ive just done the Mk2 and Corrado with some Por15 rust prevention coating. Its like waxoil but better from what I can see. Ive put in on the underside, rear beam, wishbones, subframe and rad support. I got the clear stuff and all it does darken the colour very slighty when dry but for me I wouldnt care if it was pink, so long as it does its job.

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp? ... t%20(473ml)%20US%20Pint

Chris, I reckon we should get hold of enough of this rust prevention gear to do both our cars up on a certain ramp :norty: We need to protect our cars, its not like the show queens that we know of that keep their cars hidden away for winter (you know who you are Nath and Rob :camp: ).

Chris, I reckon we should get hold of enough of this rust prevention gear to do both our cars up on a certain ramp :norty: We need to protect our cars, its not like the show queens that we know of that keep their cars hidden away for winter (you know who you are Nath and Rob :camp: ).

Winter, in Devon :wink: . Come up here and see if you still want to use the car all year round :lol: .

show queens!! lmfao.....

jealousy eh rob!

i might have to start and repolish the underside of mine soon.... its getting a bit dusty waiting for thre warm weather

Winter, in Devon :wink: . Come up here and see if you still want to use the car all year round :lol: .

We even had a slight frost this morning. BBBRRRRRR!!!! :norty: OK I'm a bit soft to go that far north!

Well today thought i try and cure my idling / cutting out fault by removing the ISV while it was out thought id repair/tidy up some of the now exposed loom. So as i brought some loom tape the other day (thanks to Kev and supercharged for the part no :wave: ) wish i took a before photo as the old loom tape was completly shagged :( so stuck the ISV valve in some brake cleaner crossed fingers this will work!!

2kqayq.jpg

24312qt.jpg

29c5phy.jpg

Keep me posted if it works mate, as mine has the idle cut out trouble now and again.

What did you think of my idea for the sealing the underside (previous page)?

I have a load of waxoil to do the underside of mine including all the panel nozzles etc to get in the tough places but talking to my dad his friends say it's crap that they recommend a spray grease as it coats everything stays runnier for longer?,

The waxoil cools quite quickly when it hits the panals and does not penetrate every nook and crannie that and it makes bit of a mess!

Still I rekkon itl be good for under my arches etc

Just updating my bookmarks/subscribed threads following the forum update with my favourite cars. Superb car! Lousy thread title of (more cleaning) doesn't make it easy to find.

WELL HELLO, you lot i havent posted on here in yocks!!!! finding it a bit strange the new web site, hope you all are well. Sorry Gareth lol will change it just for you lol, so whats new???

Edited by Chris Langdon

WELL HELLO, you lot i havent posted on here in yocks!!!! finding it a bit strange the new web site, hope you all are well. Sorry Gareth lol will change it just for you lol, so whats new???

what shows are you doing mate..? you still got the mk1..?