KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

I'm beginning to feel like your shadow at the moment Paul.

Was only in Corkills yesterday pricing up new heat shields and ordering rafts of bolts for the rear beam. But please oh parts wizard, where did thou source said fuel rail clips frometh ? My man at VW searchy for clips but "Computer said no"

That heat sheild is topper though.

Must-resist-spending-money... Aaaaaaggghhh

At least parts are starting to go back on again... and Mr K has even smiled a few times today!

Still having sleepless night thinking about bleeding up the whole brake system though and as for Harewood?? Hmmmmm!

---------- Post added at 1:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:28 PM ----------

But please oh parts wizard, where did thou source said fuel rail clips frometh ? My man at VW searchy for clips but "Computer said no"

Part number from MY bag of bits (Mr K was short of one so pinched one of mine)

1H0 201 449 and you need 7 though can only see 6. 4 along the lower body, 2 up by the fuel filter and 1 hidden when the fuel tank is on.

Do you need the heat shield part number and price? The price is an 'ouch' one!

Thanks Judith. Think a refurb is on the cards after the eye watering prices I saw the other day.

That's weird, for the wider of the two clips I have: 191201449 (obsolete), but have 1H0 201 449 (available) for the smaller one. I'll have a second look in the morning.

Well after over 2 months in the garage lying on my back with grazed knuckles and about two thousand pounds in the swear box :lol: it finally rolled to the MOT station this morning and passed :)

It seems to have taken years rather than months but i wouldn't change a thin as i know when it's parked up at a show i can stand back and say i did that.

I've learnt so much more about Corrado's than i already knew and thats worth a lot to be honest. A few pics then of the last few jobs and then i'll see you at Harewood with it :)

P8110126.jpg

P8110129.jpg

P8110130.jpg

P8110143.jpg

P8110144.jpg

P8120157.jpg

P8120164.jpg

P8120166.jpg

P8120170.jpg

P8120175.jpg

P8150180.jpg

Edited by KIPVW

Do you know a torque for the 3 bolts on front cross member with the 4 bushes.

Car looks amazing btw

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Power steering broke in the meantime though! so i'm still going as if its knackered already cant see it doing more harm. Typical after all that, i changed a pipe and thats when the trouble started, i'm thinking it could be blocked as it was perfect before hand.

Ah well! guess i'll need another pipe & hose as that's the first thing to try.

See you Sunday, will you make the meet at Wooley Edge?

WOW Kip, that looks better then new and credit to all your hard work. Can't wait to have a look over it on Sunday.

Makes me want to strip the back end of mine even more now. The brake lines and bias valve look great, where did you get the bias valve screws from? I need to get hold of some.

Do you know a torque for the 3 bolts on front cross member with the 4 bushes.

Car looks amazing btw

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Hi Mate,

Yeah the middle one is just a locator to hold it together so dont over tighten that as you'll break off the captive nut in the Radiator support that is screws to so about 20Nm for that one, the outer 2 bumper bolts are much more important and need to be 85Nm

Hope that helps, as per the bentley so if there's anything else you need to know feel free to ask as have torqued up just about every nut and bolt under it now :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

WOW Kip, that looks better then new and credit to all your hard work. Can't wait to have a look over it on Sunday.

Makes me want to strip the back end of mine even more now. The brake lines and bias valve look great, where did you get the bias valve screws from? I need to get hold of some.

VW TPS, i'll bring the invoices and try and find the numbers for you on Sunday :)

Cheers Paul, I'll use you as a part number directory as I'm sure there will be more bits I need when I start looking!

Shame about the steering but at least it gives you something else to do.

Looking fantastic Kip, I bet doing all that was a right chore but very satisfying!

So that's no driving in the rain now then? How come the lip spoiler bar bit is zinc plated aren't they normally black?

Just got in from doing bits and bobs on mine, I'm in danger of finishing this year!

You'll have to set up a cheese counter "take a ticket" style viewing system for Sunday !

Bagsy first.

Did all VRs come from the factory with red rear shocks ? Never seen that before.

Looking fantastic Kip, I bet doing all that was a right chore but very satisfying!

So that's no driving in the rain now then? How come the lip spoiler bar bit is zinc plated aren't they normally black?

Just got in from doing bits and bobs on mine, I'm in danger of finishing this year!

Chris, they were actually painted a strange off white colour which was almost a matt finish, I decided to replace it and knew they were coming through in zinc plated so thought it looked nice :)

Jame, I know later cars came with red ones so 94 and before i'm not certain mate, be interested to dig a little deeper on that one. ;)

Stirling work,

I'm always annoyed when mine gets rained on but if it was anywhere like this one Kip i'd definatley not use it in the rain.

Forecast is good for sunday though!

Congratulations on the win today Paul. The car looked fantastic and as if it had been in storage straight from the factory.

The underside is just how I want mine, so if you miss laying under Corrado, feel free to pop over!

Hi mate, yeah I've looked at your thread and, I refitted the existing hub into a refurbed hub carrier & newer beating but think my spline was even all the way through.

I'm sure that's how they must be now as it looks too neat to have been damaged.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Well as i had no power steering to get to and from Harewood plus an ABS light blinking at me the last few days have been spent changing the power steering pump for a new one and hey presto it works again :)

Also fitted a new rear sensor after Crazy Dave located that to be the problem, and all is back as it should be now, just gotta get the alignment checked now and hopefully that'll be it for a very long time. (touches wood)

Ive just had a little perusal through the last 5 pages or so and wow, this always clean Paul but this is next level stuff.. Absolute benchmark for proper restoration..

Very impressed with the progress....still needs a drop though...

I'll give you bloody drop :lol: it's the way I roll Literally lol! yeah very pleased with it and what i achieved myself as i was pretty terrified about it all, especially doing it only a few inches off the ground in my garage. Don't wanna be doing that again in a hurry.