Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Traction Control, is it working???

May sound a funny question but this is my first car with T/C so i dont know what it should do. (i know the theory)

When i accelerate hard in 1st and second in the damp im getting some spin after 3-4k rpm... is this right??

is there a light that flashes to tell you the T/C is opperating??

The vr's traction control is very basic and only works below 3000rpm and 30mph(?)

It probably is working but I dont think many people would notice if it wasnt.

It can't do much. All it does is pump the brakes, it won't rein the engine back, so it may well be working (you'd hear the pulsing), but it can't control a VR at 4krpm in first..!

I'm not 100% certain Nigel, but I would've said it is only a feature for cars with ABS.

Not that it's much of a feature really though.

Well, if it uses the ABS pump and an altered version of the ABS brain to work, so I'd hazzard a guess that it's only a available on cars with ABS as well...

and all it does IIRC is make it so that both wheels are revolving at the same speed by applying the ABS to whatever wheel is turning faster........i've really only noticed mine in snow and icy road conditions.......when its actually been quite effective :wink:

The advantage of the ABS is a Racelogic traction and launch control box can be fitted. It will be more aggressive than the VW controller, if you really want TC that is.

To be honest, TC is a bit hit-and-miss on a lot of cars anyway, even the work 2.0 Vectras can wheelspin for ages in 1st with TC engaged.

An LSD is the best way to go.....

K

Nigel, AKA G60Jet,

I dont remember traction control on old G60 GO, I'm sure its only the VR's from L reg onwards that have the TC.

I remember lighting up the tyres a fair few times on G60 GO without any TC intervening!

Andy

An LSD is the best way to go.....

K

I hope so. :lol:

Both wheels transmitting power is gonna be better than one..... if you've ever driven an E30 325is, you'll know what I mean :lol:

Does anyone know what percentage lock the Quaiffes are? Or can you specify your own locking preference?

Kev

There variable due to the way they work. Check the off the road link in my sig. My quaife is in star performance waiting to be fitted. :D

Oh right, it's a torque sensing diff then, not a fixed lock like rear diffs? Nice one.

I'll be interested to hear the results of yours....

K

A fault in the EDL/EDS ("Traction Control") will cause the ABS brain to disable the TC function - BUT NOT LIGHT THE ABS LIGHT (according to Bentley). So unless you've checked with VAG-COM, the TC might possibly be disabled.

Having said all that - the fact still remains that even on a car with a fully working system you'd be hard pressed to notice its effects... :roll: :roll: