mrbeige

Gooney, son of Badcrumble

hurry up with that moonroof, then when i get your old suroof and paid you for that the turbo will only cost you 15 quid......

I know Darren, I know :lol: Need a repair kit for the moonroof first.....

Blow nose, Bleed Brakes, Blow nose, hawk up a greeny, Camo bonnet job done....

Youth of today! Did 1/2 respray prep with Tonsilitus in March! That was cold!

Lemsip and Caffine FTW! :clap:

I gave Gooney a bit of a wash yesterday and whacked some Megs Cleaner Wax on it and was pretty surprised how well the paint came up :)

21092008122.jpg

Got some renewed interest now, which has to be a good thing. Also started him up for the first time since March and he started on the first turn of the key! That's even with old fuel in it.

th_21092008021.jpg

Good stuff!!

Stop teasing me with your 'easy to start' red crrado though! :lol:

That engine bay look spotless too! 8)

stick with it stu,that or buy crookesys lol

I will, all good things come to those who wait....and wait....and wait

Stop teasing me with your 'easy to start' red crrado though! :lol:

That engine bay look spotless too! 8)

Lol! The engine bay isn't THAT clean, although I will be attacking it at some point with some cleaning products

Does look very nice Mr Brown. :)

Why thank you kind sir :)

Stop fanning about, Louis Theroux! :lol: seems like you've got plenty to do.

p.s. well done with the start of teh motor, old fuel is normally good to start for anything up to a year. Don't expect to accelerate fast with it though! :nuts:

no its called faffing about...! get it on the road and start driving the damn thing... :p

Ok, there may be a touch of faffage, but hey, all good things come to those who wait :salute:

what bits do you still need for it?

Need a O/S indicator and front bumper (in tornado red) to start with...

I've got a tornado front bumper - it came with my Rado but as the car is flash red it looked silly so I bought a flash red one, I did advertise it on here... tis yours if you want it.

I've got a tornado front bumper - it came with my Rado but as the car is flash red it looked silly so I bought a flash red one, I did advertise it on here... tis yours if you want it.

Aye, that sounds like it could be a plan, is it in good nick? Is it complete (not including the splitter)?

I've got a spare Hella offside (R/H Driverside) early front indicator. It's brand new! £20 plus postage sound ok?

I've got a spare Hella offside (R/H Driverside) early front indicator. It's brand new! £20 plus postage sound ok?

Aye that sounds good, just got to wait til I'm paid ;)

Aye that sounds good, just got to wait til I'm paid ;)

No Rush. :)

would you still like to huff this car?

Do you mean strap a huge turbot to it? If so, then yes, and I just have to fix the moon roof and I'll have the turbot! (thanks to renson)

good stuff.it will be nice to see another project car on here.u should squirt it 1st.

Go on you know you want to. :twisted:

Oh yes, that is definitely on the cards. Was planning on going Ford EDIS with my MS1 V3.0 Extra, but having done some research, I think I'm going to use the COP coilpacks, and drive them directly off the Megasquirt. It's only two more resistors and a couple of transistors to run them wasted spark. Didn't really want to put Ford poop on it anyway :lol:

Talking to saysomestuff the other day, he pointed me at a very interesting Lupo engine component that could come in very handy when I eventually go turbo as well....

cranksensor.jpg

it's a 60-2 toothed wheel, and apparently they are only like £40!

good stuff.it will be nice to see another project car on here.u should squirt it 1st.

Go on you know you want to. :twisted:

Oh yes, that is definitely on the cards. Was planning on going Ford EDIS with my MS1 V3.0 Extra, but having done some research, I think I'm going to use the COP coilpacks, and drive them directly off the Megasquirt. It's only two more resistors and a couple of transistors to run them wasted spark. Didn't really want to put Ford poop on it anyway :lol:

Talking to saysomestuff the other day, he pointed me at a very interesting Lupo engine component that could come in very handy when I eventually go turbo as well....

cranksensor.jpg

it's a 60-2 toothed wheel, and apparently they are only like £40!

funny you should metion this as it is something I have been looking into..

I want to use tooth wheel setup with a VR setup so that I can get another signal at TDC.Would I be able to tell how many degrees before or after tdc the engine is from the signal coming from this?

Or does it just trigger at TDC.

I was thinking that each tooth must represent x amount of degrees before or after tdc!??.

funny you should metion this as it is something I have been looking into..

I want to use tooth wheel setup with a VR setup so that I can get another signal at TDC.Would I be able to tell how many degrees before or after tdc the engine is from the signal coming from this?

Or does it just trigger at TDC.

I was thinking that each tooth must represent x amount of degrees before or after tdc!??.

I'm pretty sure that's essentially how it works. The toothed wheel gives MS much better understanding of where the engine is at a given point, as it will know where the missing tooth/teeth are. I've got a 32-1 toothed trigger wheel to be welded onto the auxiliary pulley, and a Ford hall effect sensor (which might have to be ditched for a VR sensor to work directly with MS instead of through EDIS, but not researched that properly yet) to be mounted at the back of the block by the trigger wheel. You can also setup MS to run the second trigger with the toothed wheel AFAIK

The setup in the pcture looks like you wouldn't need any welding ?!? :shrug:

or am I missing something.

The reason i have developed an interest in all this is because I want to try and use a tpic8101 chip to process knock.The best statergy to use is to look for knock in the "knock window" so to lessen the likely hood of false triggers from all the background noise.Sooo i was thinking if i could get a fix on engine position then I could maybe incorporate that into the setup.

The tpic8101 needs a PIC or somethim similar to control it so I would like to feed the output of the Vr into the pic and have the PIC activate the tpic8101 in the time period it was expecting det,i.e during the power stroke.

It might prove to complicated but i'll keep looking into it for now.I'm just wrtiting some code at the momment so I can test the tpic8101 on the bench.