Neil VR6

New car acquired! Still German but not VW...

Long shutter and zoom during exposure

2692161624_bcec49d075.jpg

After a bit of PS CS3 - the different colour adjustments you can make in B&W mode is incredible:

2691347797_fc547f06c8.jpg

And the colour version:

2691347655_fa2b86a650.jpg

Rear 3/4:

2692158712_2d88fa0f5a.jpg

Front:

2692158322_45042673ac.jpg

The stereo won't remember any of my settings though once I remove the key from the ignition. It's OK if you turn the stereo on and off whilst keeping the key in the ignition but when you take the key out and then but it back in a fire up the stereo again it goes back to jhey demo mode and forgets all my settings :shrug: :scratch:

Swap the red and yellow wires over on the back of the headunit, most stereo's have bullet connectors on the red and yellow for this purpose, VW do it differently for some reason.

Thanks all :) I'm a big fan of the original Speedlines

Coolrado : I fixed it in the end by joining up all available yellow and red wires - now the stereo works without a key!

I'll stick a couple of pics on the calendar thread too

:wave:

superb pics. Loks spot on. Chris and i spent quite a while levelling up the suspension after he had the KW's fitted. Has it still got the spacers on the rear? we fitted them as the inside of the rear tyre was fouling on the strut

Gav

Yeah, John at JMR took an instant dislike to them as they weren't hubcentric :lol: so I've got some Eibach jobbies now which are much easier when you take the wheel on and off :)

Rear 3/4:

Voted for you on the calender thread, but actually think this pic is better, all are excellent shots of one sexy VR 8)

:shades: Why thank you :shades:

I do like that shot but the road sign prevented it from making the shortlist. I like the colour one of the calendar submission quite a lot too. Maybe I should have submitted that instead! :

2691347655_fa2b86a650.jpg

Hi Neil

Some very well done photos there!

Can you retake the 3/4 rear photo (my fav), but chop down that poxy sign before you do :)

Chris

Hi Neil

Some very well done photos there!

Can you retake the 3/4 rear photo (my fav), but chop down that poxy sign before you do :)

Chris

It really is a shame about the sign! How

First up, I managed to Photoshop out that sign from a few posts up!

3178043480_c47461f83f.jpg

Also a bit of an update on the car. It's been running fine recently but the body does need some attention. The laquer peel on the wing was spreading:

3179584799_b496b06a68_m.jpg

And whilst washing the car the other I noticed that my whole bonnet has developed acne (well it is 16 years old):

3180421950_036d546cda.jpg

I booked it into the local coachworks for that to be sorted plus the anti chip to be resprayed on the sills plus some rust ground out on the bottom of the driver's door.

Some progress pics:

Stripped bonnet:

3179585125_3bd7f56c25.jpg

Laquer peel area:

3180423534_125d985a8f.jpg

Bonnet off and covered in dust :D :

3179585579_c14e86c776.jpg

Can't wait to see the car with resprayed wings and a bonnet with no stone chips!

I've just bought myself some KW V1's and thought I would have a little search through the forum... Lo and behold this image comes up

I think i've just sex wee'ed! Mine is the same colour except for the RX's! Oh i'm so excited!

Picked up some new wheels on Thursday and spent all day clay bar'ing, polishing and waxing...

E39 BMW 530i Sport in Cosmos Black metallic, 1 owner from new (a doctor), optional sunroof, 60k miles:

4141256074_be1e6d8b4f.jpg

4140508895_d1c4a94bf4.jpg

Thats a lot of car looks great. Was seriously considering changing my 3 series D touring for a 5, such a nice car although i'd probably need to stick with the diesel. What sort of price did you pay? Won't be offended if you don't like to say. :)

Not at all - it was £7800 (the guy knocked off £200 as it needs a service)

It's a huge amount of metal for the money. Dual zone climate, leather, bi-xenons (which are INCREDIBLE), auto wipers, fantastically adjustable seats etc etc.

I'm loving the orange dash illumination too, it's got little lights in the ceiling which iluminate the dash at night!

The auto 'box is super too

That is one sweet motor indeed and a heck of a lot of car for the money! Very nice indeed!