STU175

STU175's Alpine White G60. Almost time for bigger injectors and remap .....

practise makes perfect lol

hows that g60 getting on?

ECR /east coast retros is a local meet to us at shotley.

get a right variation down there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EastCoastRetros/?ref=bookmarks

Still haven't done much since dub logic or to be more accurate I've done bugger all. Will be taking engine to jmr for full re-build when work let me have some time off to take it there. Have started to collect some of the parts I need. Hopefully once the engine has gone it'll motivate me to get going.

passenger door handle just broken....

also had small leak on oil temp sensor so removed it, added some ptfe tape, doing it up not very tight and it snaps off leaving the thread in the oil filter housing.......:bonk:

Don’t you just hate it , when things break like that , not one but two parts . Could be worse , it could have been a thread in the block .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t you just hate it , when things break like that , not one but two parts . Could be worse , it could have been a thread in the block .

Yeah it could be worse.

Filter housing may have to come off worse case, but i maybe able to get it out.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What a pain in the arse. Try to fix and improve things and they fight against you. Good excuse for new parts though

So the plastic sender part is gone and the thread is in the housing?. Maybe a dremmel could work ?, just to form a groove so you can use a driver to get it out .

So the plastic sender part is gone and the thread is in the housing?. Maybe a dremmel could work ?, just to form a groove so you can use a driver to get it out .

I did consider knocking a torx bit into the middle as its hollow inside to see if it will grab it enough to wind it out but didnt want to risk making it worse lol

Ive spoken to a mate who can borrow a proper extractor set from work monday so thought best i be patient till then...

I did consider knocking a torx bit into the middle as its hollow inside to see if it will grab it enough to wind it out but didnt want to risk making it worse lol

Ive spoken to a mate who can borrow a proper extractor set from work monday so thought best i be patient till then...

Yep, probably best

Not been a good week for Corrado's, makes me glad I havent worked on mine for a while

Hope you get it sorted

Well that didnt go well...

The screw extractor tool has now snapped off in side the remains of the sensor...

Had to take off filter housing and have now removed the tool and sensor and the thread looks fine fingers crossed its ok.

Dam cars!

I would have thought the thread will still be ok as long as the sensor wasn't put in cross threaded. The way your luck is going you deserve a win. Rado20vT I like you comment about being glad you haven't worked on yours so nothing has broken. Will have to start using that as an excuse for not working on mine Lol.

Not updated for a while!

Oil sensor fixed.

Door handle fixed.

J&r driveshafts sent back for the second time (avoid rubbish parts and customer service)

Rebuilt original shafts with gkn parts this time so fingers crossed these last ok.

Went straight through MOT yesterday.

Had every mechanic in the place looking under it going "bloody hell its like brand new" lol

me checking his hoist jack had rubber feet so not to wreck it lol

Took the car out tonight and it started playing up.....revs didnt drop when coming off the gas and barely ticking over

I panicked LOL.

Luckily it was the microswitch on the throttlebody had come loose so not making contact so a quick fix thank god!

All cleaned and ready for dublogic show tomorrow.

Come say hello if your coming ill be on the JMR Stand.4785b829ebf8529fdfddb8ea98ecce5f.jpgc1a2a9a25b231097568061ac8c9c10db.jpg

wahoo ive figured out how to post pictures not using tapatalk..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94894[/ATTACH]

a few pics taken at a local meet

not updated for a while as i lost interest after all my photos disappeared but am happy to see they have returned:cheers:

i cant seem to post any new ones tho any ideas anyone?

ive fitted the bigger injectors and chip and unleashed its potential now the problem is traction, but a nice problem to have lol

LSD is on the list next