24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the progress pics and finished product as I'm thinking of going down the 24V route myself.... but with a stroked R32 lump. Gonna look into ways of stroking to an R34 (or bigger if possible), need to work out some piston, rod and crank combos.....

I will post pics up as I go, but I have a busy couple of weeks removing everything from the MK4 first!!

Sounds like an interesting plan, but are they not pretty much on their limit already in the R32 with the T-piston design?

Jay

Not sure mate... I need to do some research! I read somewhere that it's possible but that was ages ago and I can't remember the link!

ABT used to do a special crank for the 12V VR to stroke it out to 3.3+, so I'm think along those lines......

Jay, you really are a nutter :shock:

Where do you get your time from?

Steve,

Thats my major problem at the moment, finding the time to do it. I am starting work early so I can finish earlier to get on with it. I have given up the gym for now as there is no way I could do both and I drink a bit less at weekends so I can still function the next day! :)

Jay

No not yet. I am going to install the V6 and full loom and get that all running properly first, then maybe think about the 4WD, but it is probably not worth the hassle to be honest.

Jay

It will be if you turbo or supercahrge it :-)

have we scared you off the 4wd with our progress pics?!

the 24v fits in a treat, no harder than a vr6, you can bin most of the mk4 sh1t off it and treat it just like a 12v.

the 24v fits in a treat, no harder than a vr6, you can bin most of the mk4 sh1t off it and treat it just like a 12v.

The whole point is that he wants to link it all up with his Audi TT dash, which likes the Mk4-y-ness ;)

Exactly Andi, I am not splicing things together I am putting EVERYTHING in from the 4motion right through to the rear lights, so I will end up with climate control, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, traction control, ABS, EDS etc..etc..

Agree Phat if I do a Turbo/charger conversion at a later date then I will do 4WD at the same time.

Jay

Including VAG-COM X-Men-like super-sensing :)

Schweeeet.

(Though surely you'll have to splice the Corrado bulb-holders onto the loom from the Mk4 lighting circuit... Unless you want Golf clusters! I assume in typical VW-style they'll be different ;))

I meant the taillights, but I fear Mk4 HIDs or something are on your mind for the front after seeing my bright ones!

You've just gotta do one better, ain't ya... ;)

well, that's the easiest way to do it, use the entire loom, you might as well if you have it!

when I was on about ditching stuff I mean in the engine bay. the air pump and all that jazz, and the expansiontank on the other side, you don't need to do all that.

I know what you mean Paul but I think I will fit it exactly as it is in the MK4, I may aswell being as I have absolutely everything, including all the brackets on the shell which I can drill off and weld onto the Rado shell.

Jay

Ever wondered what a MK4 Golf interior wiring loom looks like.....

Now all I have to do is fit it in the rado! :) :shock:

Got the 24v Lump out of the MK4 today and the gearbox off so its now hanging on the engine crane in my engine bay. Will try and get some more photos tomorrow as the battery went flat today.

Jay