24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

what year engine is that? looks like one of the early ones with the coil pack and leads rather than the individual coils.

They fit quite nicely don't they!! I'm temptted to stick my spare 2.8 24v in the missus's Lupo........

LOL. Now that would be an interesting car. 24v V6 Lupo!

Yeah its the cross over year, 2001/2002 car. I am glad it has the single coil pack as apparently the later type are prone to problems and I have known of two or three that have gone up in smoke. :(

The engine is back out and the ABS system is now plumbed in right through and ready for bleeding, The air-con pipes are in place and the loom is pretty much in place.

This weekend will be a busy and hopefully productive one.

Jay

Jay

any pics of the air con pipes? I've got a full set lined up for mine but I have no idea where they run in the engine bay (haven't picked them up yet).

Good work though, keep cracking on, you won't belive your ears when you hear this thing running, they sound lush.

I can get some pictures tomorrow. The air-con pipes have a very winding complex route around the engine bay and may not fit as you are not using all MK4 stuff. They could be cut and ally welded though I guess if you needed to.

Sorting the exhaust downpipes and front crossmember this weekend.

Jay

jay , you really ought to start thinking about some proper mods like a magic tree (green one) , i know what you're thinking "i couldnt fit that on my own "

well use the "search" for fitting instructions and start a thread in "wanted" for someone to help you out

ps. i can post pics of mine fitted if you like

paul

sick of seeing you messing around with silly engines - its time you moved on

LOL, Yeah I have always fancied a magic tree but never had the courage to try fitting one. If you could give me some tips it would be appreicated. :)

Jay

sorry mate its a tough learning curve and oneyou going to have to do alone

check local colleges , they usually run magic tree night classes , you'll get a magic tree NVQ

Well it definately looks better with the inlet manifold on.

Front cross member is now modified so the air-con pump clears it.

This is how all the MK4 pipework looks in place. Still some mods to do to the Air-con pipes, as they are in the way, where the header tank, power steering bottle etc.. will sit.

Jay

seems to be a lot of camera shake on the inlet pic - was it that exciting :-)

looks superb mate , dont forget to post a soundbyte when you fire her up

looking good Jay! Paul told me about your aircon pipes hitting the bottles etc, thats a shame.. you'll figure something out though..

I have been working on my interior today, left hand side of the tunnel is almost finished (down to the carpet), excluding under tray.. Anyway good luck for tomorrow! I'm going to be up early, need another 12hrs on it tomorrow to make any sort of progress! laters..

Gixxeruk - Yeah I got a bit carried away with the first pic! :)

Ben - No problem with the air-con pipes, we are going to make up some flexi joiners, so I can cut out the annoying bit that on the MK4 goes up over the side engine mount. That will mean the pipes run along the chassis leg nice and neatly.

I am off to crack on with it now. Want the clutch master cylinder plumbed in and steering column in properly by the end of today.

Good luck with yours too mate, only 2 weeks left for me now =:)

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Fired up the engine last night for the first time and it ran sweet as a nut for about 10 seconds before the system realised there was no coolant, no brake fluid etc...etc.. and killed it. Will plug VAG-COM into it tonight and should get it running for a little longer, but need to put all the coolant hoses etc.. on first before it can be fully run up. Will do my best to get a video clip of it although I am not sure how I host it or whatever...

Very very happy last night though and it sounds soooooooo smooooth!!!! :)

Jay

Awesome! Now get the plumbing done Jay so you can run it for a bit longer ;) :D

Cheers all. I will try and sort out a clip tonight. I will take the camera with me. Daves16v do I just have to send you the file?

Jay