24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Exactly, one loom exactly as it would be in a MK4, so *everything* will work perfectly with any luck!! :)

I have had enough of splicing looms over the years!

Jay

Jay, you are truly the sort of person I know I wish I was - willing to put in ridiculous amounts of tme and effort to get the car we really want instead of just throwing a lot of money at someone else to do all the hard work then just sitting back and taking the credit... :) Mind you, not that I actually have any money currently, but you get the idea! :lol:

Seriously though, I reckon you've probably inspired a lot of people on here to go that little bit further in modding thier cars and to not be scared to still have 'em as daily drivers, so full on props to you...

Such a sweet car it shall be - look forward to seeing it when it's back on the road... :) :notworthy:

Ever wondered what a MK4 Golf interior wiring loom looks like.....

Now all I have to do is fit it in the rado! :) :shock:

Got the 24v Lump out of the MK4 today and the gearbox off so its now hanging on the engine crane in my engine bay. Will try and get some more photos tomorrow as the battery went flat today.

Jay

Geeez...that's one heck of a spaghetti mess! :shock:

Cheers gradeAfailure. Its nice to know that people appreciate that it is all my work and that I do use it every day. This is first time in the three years I have had it that it has actually come "off the road" as I simply would not be able to do this conversion otherwise. I can promise though that as soon as it is finished it will be driven to work every day again!

SLC, yep it is a mess, but I have actually remembered and labelled everything as I have removed it so with a bit of luck it should not be too bad putting it in the Rado.

Speaking of which I better go and get on with it!

Cheers all

Jay

Jay it's time to update your avatar... Take a pic today and stick it on there to replace the inters pic. LOL

Oh and while you're there, take a couple of the seats ;-)

I've pollished the sh*t out of the mk2 and it looks vaguely red now! LOL All be it that my right arm is like Arnie's... but that's another story!

Very impressed, that would be the transplant I'd go for I think, keeps in sync with the old VR, let me know if you ever want to sell, I'm there lol.

The engine is now on the engine stand free of Flywheel and clutch and ready for stripping down for a bit of painting, powdercoating and polishing.

Thought I would get a quick shot of it perched in the Corrado bay on the crane just to give myself inspiration. :)

So now the fun bits start! :) :twisted:

Jay

Just popped into the stealers for a costing of a load of the parts I need from VW.

02A Gearbox gasket set

2 02A Main drive bearings

Gearbox sealing paste

24v V6 engine cover

24v V6 Sump

Pair of front wheel bearings

Pair of VR6 Inner CV joints

Pair of VR6 Outer CV joints

Both Front Lower Ball Joints

Both Tie Rod ends

Rear Engine Mount

VR6 Radiator

VR6 Top Bearings

Total of £970!! :)

Still at least it will mean everything is brand new.

Jay

Not really. It surprising how little difference there is and a lot of it is VW only. I would rather know its exactly as it should be, I know a lot of the GSF stuff is the same, but you know what I mean.

Jay

Well when you look at most of what you want bearings, ball joints etc. The GSF ones are all made by ZF Lemforder who supply the manufacturers ( they are one of my customers!!) It's only going to be perhaps the sump, engine cover and main brive bearings maybe the gaskets that you can't get there (although you could probably get them from KMS) and if it's all the same as the stealers, you'll probably save another £100 or so on top of that so always worth trying.

However if you have got some cash burning a hole in your pocket, I've got a custom made intercooler and throttle body setup going into my motor next week and at about £1700 I could do with a donation!!!!!! :)

Just thought I would post a pic of the current state of my interior.

I have removed the steering column and started to chop out the steering column support as I will be fitting the entire MK4 dash bar with MK4 column (height and reach adjustable). This will also allow me to have a proper TT steering wheel with fully working airbag. Nice and safe.

I have removed all the crappy old sound deadening from the firewall and am welding up any unnecessary holes in it. I will also be welding in the MK4 firewall bits that are required for the air con pipes to fit perfectly and the engine loom to pass through where it should with the correct glands.

Looks a bit bare at the moment but it will start coming together soon. All the front suspension bits, subframe, wishbones etc.. are stripped and currently at the powder coaters. Once they are back I will be fitting all the new bushes, bearings, ball joints, steering rack etc.. to them.

V6 is ready to be stripped down for a new cambelt, paint and tidy up.

Gearbox is ready for strip down new bearings, seals, Quaife Diff and tidy up.

Plenty to do, but nothing too scary at the mo. :)

Jay

your a real crzy man jay..

We should pay you for your entertaining services :lol:

Fantasic stuff - keep us posted with LOADS of pics... WE NEED MORE lol

Nothing too scary?! :shock:

Sheesh, what qualifies as scary?? :lol:

yeh, nothing left of that of the car...

Should be renamed mk4 corrado

Good point, I guess it is pretty scary to look at. :)

What I mean is there is nothing that I am unsure about at the moment. Things can change very quickly though!

Jay

Just looking at what you are doing dude, you are fcuking mad! Fair play to ya!