24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

just been going though this thread again - where is the new owner, he was looking for a gearbox or something recently? Would be good to see if he's made any chnages/improvements to Jay's project.

i think there was another lad that bought it from 'parking sensors' and he's been on the forum a few times. He sounded like he knew what he was going to do with it, which was quite encouraging.

i think there was another lad that bought it from 'parking sensors' and he's been on the forum a few times. He sounded like he knew what he was going to do with it, which was quite encouraging.

Yup he sold the wheels and adaptors straight after so is going to put his own mark on it... Good for him!

Just read the whole thread from page one rather than just doing my usual and skimming through the pics.

Inspirational stuff i must say. Think a few people need to have a look at this next time it pops up for sale to appreciate how unique this car is.

Gav

Well teh thing with such heavily modded cars is that they're not so easy to maintain. Whilst the execution may well be perfect, as Renshaw's undoubtedly is, an average enthusiast just would know what to buy or how to manage it. Having said that, i would still love to have the Renshaw motor on my driveway, even it just sat there looking good :)

1 problem with the car though, even now 2 years later you all keep saying "Renshaws car"

Well teh thing with such heavily modded cars is that they're not so easy to maintain. Whilst the execution may well be perfect, as Renshaw's undoubtedly is, an average enthusiast just would know what to buy or how to manage it. Having said that, i would still love to have the Renshaw motor on my driveway, even it just sat there looking good :)

Thats the whole point with this though. its heavily modded in its executuion to make it as oem as possible (does that make sense?). Its built in a way that vw would have done if theyd built a 24v rado. Its not your usual cut shut of wiring looms incorporating the complete 24v car (not just engine) loom. Even to the extent that the fuel pump primes when you open the door as per the mk4 4motion :wink: Its this attention to detail that i admire, in that for whoever owns it , albeit a comparative novice, theyd still be able to plug vag com in and fault find throughout the whole vehicle as per the 4 motion it was all transplanted from.

1 problem with the car though, even now 2 years later you all keep saying "Renshaws car"

lol, yeah i agree. howver a change of wheels and a few sublte mods would make it less recognisable to someone who isnt familiar to the car. But yeah, its still jays rado

But - it IS Jay's car. If you buy a car as well known and as specifically modified as it was, you have to expect it!

Lol I didn't mean anything but jest :)

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. I remember seeing the Blue Mk4 you had a few years ago at the mkivs.net megameet.

good to see you on here Vick. Be very interesting to see what you do with this. Bit of change from mk4's though isnt it?

Gav

Easy Vick.. goodluck with this car.. looking forward to seeing what you do with it seeing yr MK4's were stunners (loved the jazz blue 20v! quick & very smooth around the MK racetrack)

Cheers guys, nice to be welcomed, hope Jay doesn't mind us spamming his thread LOL!

Mk4 was a great car, the blue one was as it was made for more go and setup up to handle and make the most of the power as bally knows :)

Gav it is a change but to be honest, its more of a package drive and handling wise, everything feels nible, tight and solid which i am suprised as being a older car, i wasn't expecting the way it is and pleasantly suprised! Plus i like the corrado looks over a mk4 golf ! lol

Vick

It handles great, goes very well and so comfortable, can't complain! :D

You need to start a new topic with new pics mate, if you havent already ;) Gorgeous car.

Absolutely! It'll be good to see it evolve now that it has a dedicated new owner :)

Just been reading through this thread as the car was mentioned on another forum (I nicked the pics Jay ;) ) and thought I'd do a reply to give any new members a lok into one of the nicest Corrado's EVER! Enjoy ;) Oh and in case you cant be bothered to look through it all (you really should though) here are the pics:

down%20the%20side.JPG

rear%20quartere.JPG

rear.JPG

side.JPG

interior.JPG

gearstick.JPG

engine.JPG

door.JPG

dash.JPG