Sign in to follow this  
samthegram

newbie alert!!! word up 'radoers

Eh up! Just joined up and i thought i would introduce myself and show some pics of my ride.

i am a fresh dubber, two and a half years ago i owned a clapped out citroen c15 van and had no idea about modded cars.

This is the result of a very steep learning curve with fortunately not many mistakes. It has by no means been a chequebook creation but has been nearly entirely my own ideas, with alot of help from my local bodyshop. Bit by bit , month by month it has taken shape and i am now very happy with the result, enjoy!! :lol:

SPECLIST

1994 2ltr 16v twilight violet (bought totally standard and a bit tatty in september 2005)

ENGINE - polished 50mm inlet manifold +rocker cover,trimsport power rhor,dipstick and holder and battery clamp, K+N filter, polished oil + water caps,chrome coilpack cover, braided hose,chrome oil filter, home made strut caps, carbon battery cover,SWG scuttle cover,full Powerflow stainless exhaust +stainless decat.

CHASSIS - 9x16 (rear) and 7.5x16 (front) Keskin KT1's wrapped in Falken rubber 5mm spacers out front ,Vmaxx coilovers,new wishbones with polybushes, crossdrilled front discs, hub carriers and calipers painted black.

OUTSIDE - full respray (done in stages,when i could afford it!) in original twilight violet, de-baged grill , de-baged and de-seamed rear plinth, washerjets smothed and relocated to scuttle panel,roof lines filled, ariel deleted,rear tow eye deleted,side markers smoothed and relocated to wing mirrors(tiny ones!),body coloured de-locked handles, all arches rolled and sealed, clear top rear lights, Lupo wipers, rear wiper removed.

INSIDE -standard Karman black cloth interior, Momo jet 320mm wheel , carbon gear knob, carbon Sparco pedals, Justmatz black foormats,

THANKS - to my mate sean for getting me into modded vw's , my local bodyshop guy (can't namecheck him because they have been foriegner jobs!) , top dude, and PVW magazine for inspiration, last but no means least my gorgeous girlfriend (soon to be wife) Louise for putting up with me as she says, perving over my car . cheers my love! :D

As with any project it will never be fully finished, but thats what keeps it interesting and dynamic. i will update with the latest spec and pics when i get them. Peace out, Sam.

rado6.jpg?t=1203965035

rado5.jpg?t=1203965245

rado4.jpg?t=1203965308

rado1.jpg?t=1203965375

Welcome on board, I'm actually just down the road from you in Glossop, I've got mates in New Mills as well, mostly mountain bikers rather than roadies though, but I know they occasionally use Sett Valley Cycles. This pic from your web site made me laugh btw - first time I've ever seen a 'rado used as a lead car in bike race :) Oh, and nice car btw.

svc_45.jpg

Eh up Sam,

Its looking a bit different from when I last saw it! Haven't seen it around in Bucco at all (unless it was you I saw maybe 6-7pm last weekend on either Sat or Sun- I was in the Puma tho).

Good skills- some nice bikes on the website there too- nice! 8)

Welcome on board, I'm actually just down the road from you in Glossop, I've got mates in New Mills as well, mostly mountain bikers rather than roadies though, but I know they occasionally use Sett Valley Cycles. This pic from your web site made me laugh btw - first time I've ever seen a 'rado used as a lead car in bike race :) Oh, and nice car btw.

svc_45.jpg

glad you like the car, call in if your passing, i'd like to see your motor.

Eh up Sam,

Its looking a bit different from when I last saw it! Haven't seen it around in Bucco at all (unless it was you I saw maybe 6-7pm last weekend on either Sat or Sun- I was in the Puma tho).

Good skills- some nice bikes on the website there too- nice! 8)

hey chris (or is it mark, i forgot, doh!) i always do a detour to look at your storm when i visit my mum and dad. i don't live in Buxton anymore, so thats why you aint seen me cruising by. i'll call to see you when i'm next up, seeya! :D

Closer the second time round! Its Mike- yes if your round on a Sat or a Sun and I'm working in the garage then pop in- I live in Sheff myself actually but tend to work at the garage at home to do car bits- cheers :)

Hi Sam,

I wondered if it was you from the first post but didn't do any investigating...

Kips VR was used as lead for Rutand CC road racing until they changed the date to the same as Tatton.

I heard Helens brother if off to Majorca in March. Are you going with him??

(posting with fingers crossed that this Sam is the Sam I think it is!!!! :? )

Hi Sam,

I wondered if it was you from the first post but didn't do any investigating...

Kips VR was used as lead for Rutand CC road racing until they changed the date to the same as Tatton.

I heard Helens brother if off to Majorca in March. Are you going with him??

(posting with fingers crossed that this Sam is the Sam I think it is!!!! :? )

Hi Judith, yes i am the sam you think i am! (hey that rhymes!) Do you have ant photo's of Kip as lead car? I'd like to see. No i am not going with Richard to Majorca as i am getting married on 22nd March so i will be on my honeymoon in warm sunny Scotland! See you at Tatton?

Closer the second time round! Its Mike- yes if your round on a Sat or a Sun and I'm working in the garage then pop in- I live in Sheff myself actually but tend to work at the garage at home to do car bits- cheers :)

Sorry Mike, I new I was close! I called round Wednesday afternoon actually and spoke to your dad, he said you might be around at the weekend. I might say hello on Sat if i get chance. 8)

svc_45.jpg

If I'm down that way, I'll drop by and say hello. I'm after a decent local bodyshop, so I might pick your brains on that front also, your paint looks nice in the pics. I have medium-term plans for a full respray, but want to get the chassis 100 per-cent first.

How are you finding the poly bushes btw? My Mark 2 has them all round and it's a bit harsh, so I'm havering about using them on the 'rado, might look at the Vibra-technics ones as an alternative :?

svc_45.jpg

If I'm down that way, I'll drop by and say hello. I'm after a decent local bodyshop, so I might pick your brains on that front also, your paint looks nice in the pics. I have medium-term plans for a full respray, but want to get the chassis 100 per-cent first.

How are you finding the poly bushes btw? My Mark 2 has them all round and it's a bit harsh, so I'm havering about using them on the 'rado, might look at the Vibra-technics ones as an alternative :?[/quote:3fmtr1l2]

Only just had them fitted so don't know yet, plus i have only got them in the wishbones so far. I will get rear beam mounts and arb polys soon .