Sign in to follow this  
Bobz

New Member, new car! #small update#

I bought this Nugget a couple of weeks ago..... COVERED in Corrado-club stickers, with red highlights on the 15in alloys.... nice

It's a 1990 1.8 16v with 108K and a FSH (& a near perfect cloth interior ;) )

I booked it straight in with the bodyshop to get a few li'll bit's sorted and had it de-trimed, fitted a set of O.Z 17's, amber side repeaters (I didn't like the black ones with the standard tail lights) a set of Ally heater sliders and chrome door handles and fitted an Isotta streering wheel I just happened to have lying around LOL

Best of all though, It's got an old Skool Car phone fitted :lol:

Hope you like :)

DSCF1313.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1311.jpg

looks super clean, the yellow ones really photograph well, shows the lines of corrado up nicely.

what is the rear diffuser? not seen that before?

Looking good 8) love the yellow ones, there used to be a nugget yellow parked in Gravesend railway station car park every day for years in the early 90`s and i would always admire it from the train when we stopped

Nice.. Get a pic of the phone on then.......surley it cant work anymore can it?

Ha Ha, It doesn't work..... YET!

It's still all there, just got make it work 8)

I have no idea what the rear diffuser is off, but it aint 'right' LOL- But it will be staying

#1- because I can't be bothered to remove it.

#2- because it's a good talking point :lol:

Had it on't Rollers at the weekend, It's still making 136.2bhp & 118.9 lbft. Not bad for a bog standard 19 yr old! :D

Cheers ;)

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

We were 3 days behind you mate. I sat outside the pub waiting for it to open to go in and see if the car was still for sale.

Looks like you got a beauty there. Hope to see you around (if you are based in Sheffield).

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

We were 3 days behind you mate. I sat outside the pub waiting for it to open to go in and see if the car was still for sale.

Looks like you got a beauty there. Hope to see you around (if you are based in Sheffield).

Ahhh, Dave said he'd had a fair bit of interst in it, just no one 'sept me turned up to view it :lol:

I'm in Dronfield really, but usally in Sheffield as there's nothing here.....

It's looking much better now, God knows how I managed to look past the stickers and 'detailing'..... it was really auful !

Spent another £450 getting it looking right. + giving it a full on major service and a set of engine mounts on Sat' just to make sure everything is A-OK.... though I have done 600 miles in it since I bought it, and it's not brocken down yet LOL

This is a pick a mate tuk as I was picking it up.... skuze the finger :oops:

0027.jpg

Cheers gang :)

Looks very tidy. Nice one. Any plans?

Well, a mate of mine got 164bhp out of his MK2 Jetta 16v, so my long turm goal is to match his....

So a gas flowed head, exhaust manifold and free flow system (Jetex 3 box most likely...the colour is loud enough!!) and a set of Piper Cams will be on the cars one day.

Untill then, a set of coil overs (anyone got any going cheep-ish?) go and show it at a few shows and to just enjoy it as much as I can !!

I've always loved Corrados, but for some reason I never bought one before. Instead I wasted my money on a MK4 Golf GTITurbo.....

This is as fast, and a hell of a lot more fun, should have got one years ago :D

Cheers 8)

Welcome mate. Looks a very nice example! (without the stickers and those wheels :lol:)

I think some coilovers are being sold in the for sale section, though not sure for which spec.

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

Ahhh, Dave said he'd had a fair bit of interst in it, just no one 'sept me turned up to view it :lol:

I'm in Dronfield really, but usally in Sheffield as there's nothing here.....

It's looking much better now, God knows how I managed to look past the stickers and 'detailing'..... it was really auful !

Spent another £450 getting it looking right. + giving it a full on major service and a set of engine mounts on Sat' just to make sure everything is A-OK.... though I have done 600 miles in it since I bought it, and it's not brocken down yet LOL

This is a pick a mate tuk as I was picking it up.... skuze the finger :oops:

0027.jpg

Hi Bobz,

It was my sister who spotted it on the sheffield forum so I thought Na! cant be so looked it up and there it was.

Looks better now the stickers are all removed it looks so much better for that bit of extra cash being spent on it, Nice One! and whilst gutted we missed out on buying this car I'm very pleased its gone to a good home! :)

Kip. (Judith's other half) :lol:

welcome to the forum.

You have already made that car look better looking at the before and after shots.

Keep us posted with what you do with it. Looks a good un.

The standard orange in the rear light clusters work the best on this nugget colour. Not too keen on the eyebrow across the front tho. Would love a full side profile pic, just to check out how that rear diffuser looks with the rest of the car - might copy it. Best 2 pics of a yellow Corrado I've ever seen. :thumb right:

Well, I got my service done yesterday :)

That's the 19th stamp in the book ;)

I'm amazed at just how solid it is underneath tbh, there were a few little bits where the undeseal had come away, so we just cleaned it all up and resealed it. And cleared all the drain holes.

I think a full Waxoil sesh might be in order when the weather warms up.

Looks like it'll want a front-to-back brake pipe for the MOT, but apart from that, it's A-OK :D

A few more pick for those that asked :)

DSCF1320.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1323.jpg

Oh Now I am jelous Lol! :lol: let me know if you fancy selling :D

Congrats on your purchase. Looks stunning. The loss of the bump strips really seems to work in this colour.