Sign in to follow this  
bruny

Restoration project K931 RBV

I have been busy over the dark winter months working on the ungerside of my White Vr6. Here are some photos of the progress so farCorrado conversion V2 (3).pdfDSCN1290.JPG[/attachment:1g6kj9zx]Book1.pdfDSCN1267.JPG[/attachment:1g6kj9zx]ETKA Corrado.pdfDSCN1271.JPG[/attachment:1g6kj9zx]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCN1274.JPG[/attachment:1g6kj9zx]

Just don't know how far to go, it's become am obsession :shock:

Awesome! :clap:

But did you mean Copper brake lines, or are they actually from a Cupra? Never heard of that swap being done before!

This is the best Corrado i have ever seen ! it just blows you way....I went to see this car yesterday and to drop him off some headlight protectors... A real credit to you Dave, I know you :luvlove: it and so you should :notworthy: ........Dave helped me with some jobs on my car and i ended up stopping all day, a really great bloke. Cheers Pal.

A few i took of it.

Awesome! :clap:

But did you mean Copper brake lines, or are they actually from a Cupra? Never heard of that swap being done before!

Cupra nickel is harder and longer lasting than copper, easier to work than steel pipe and should corrode less, it wont be out in the winter though :)

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbleft: it has become a bit of an obsession :? engine out next winter for rebuild and tidy up :shock: just dont know where to stop

Heres a couple from the summer [roll on]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCN1202.JPG[/attachment:3j3cyg3t]

Aaaaah sounds awesome! Nylong coating sounds fascinating too! Must ask my materials lecturer about that.

Good work buddy, easily the best resto thread I've ever read.

That is absolutely gorgeous, fair play for the work you've put in, I am sure most of the forum are envious of this car :salute:

Dear god man, GO TO THE PUB!!!! :lol:

Seriously though, lovely car and big hats off to you for taking on these details. It starts so simple but where to stop eh? :lol:

Looking good 8)

Indeed it does look stunning Dave, told you everyone would agree :D and its fair to say theres clean and theres bruny clean Lol! see you soon.

Have you sorted out the engine bay back to standard yet too? Stanford Hall could be very interesting :shock:

Was going to say - should provide some nice competition for the show and shine boys! Looks wonderful! :)

Indeed it does look stunning Dave, told you everyone would agree :D and its fair to say theres clean and theres bruny clean Lol! see you soon.

Have you sorted out the engine bay back to standard yet too? Stanford Hall could be very interesting :shock:

Cheers Kip, Really appreciate the advice you've given me over the years :D

On engine bay; expensive stickers sourced [shawshankkid working on cheaper supply for fellow members]

silver engine cover sorted,

still looking for battery cover to hide bling terminals :nono: so I guess I'll give it a go at Stanford if only to get in free [spent up now, can't afford to go to the pub ] :shock:

Thanks for great comments guys :salute: , bit embarrassed but well chuft :clap:

Don't drive in the wet - you'll ruin the immaculate underside. It's museum perfection looking at the pics. Whish mine was like that. :sad:

The next phase of the restoration project begins Engine out, strip and rebuild. As ever once you start you may as well do it properly. Planning to keep it as the factory intended, there will not be many standard ones left soon!006.JPG[/attachment:3ff9vhuq]

On stripping the engine found out that it was'nt timed correctly, perhaps a tooth out! There was plenty of clutch material left but the top timing chain tensioner was well worn :shock: 016.JPG[/attachment:2s33c35k]

Valves seem ok, head service will include new followers, seals, regrind etc. Not planning on porting and polishing as yet:shrug:014.JPG[/attachment:29to7zqz]

Pistons and bores seem good for 105,000 miles so quick hone job and new rings should do the job for the next 10 years [30,000 miles]015.JPG[/attachment:2pjqmztx]

C & R found a Vag .com fault reading of the engine being over revved [perhaps by hitting 2nd from 4th at high speed] and thought the bottom end seemed noisey so although on first inspection it seems ok it will be rebuilt with new shells all round. Oil pump will be checked out, water pump replaced as a matter of course.

I have not costed this so far, it might frighten me, but hopefully wont have to do anything major after this :clap:012.JPG[/attachment:1di7tmdb]

look forward to seeing you Kip, any advice greatfully recieved :salute: