Sign in to follow this  
steve r

Electric recaro trim options

Hi,

I'm looking for a corrado and ideally want to get one with the electric recaro seats fitted, were many cars produced with these seats fitted?

I've done a search and found a few different trim options are these all the available ones?

recarogreycloth.jpg

recaroultraviolet.jpg

recarohalfleather.jpg

recarocloth1.jpg

I'd like to get either of the last 2 really but it seems these are the rarest ones......

They were also available in Black or Beige Leather, my favourite are the last ones you posted but these only one mate corrados and imoo are the rarest.

There are no figures for the number of Corrados with Recaros fitted as it was an option not a standard fit item.

As for rariety, half leather electric Recaros were never offered for sale in the UK, but did come on Euro and US cars - as an option again.

All cloth Recaros are rare because when new if was only a bit more to spend to get leather seats instead, the rarest probably being the later styles like the one shown in the bottom pic.

There are no figures for the number of Corrados with Recaros fitted as it was an option not a standard fit item.

As for rariety, half leather electric Recaros were never offered for sale in the UK, but did come on Euro and US cars - as an option again.

All cloth Recaros are rare because when new if was only a bit more to spend to get leather seats instead, the rarest probably being the later styles like the one shown in the bottom pic.

My assumption was the red-striped ones were the rarest. They were only offered on euro G60s for what 12 months? The Black ones were offered in Canada as well. The only other ones we got were the grey ones. Although they're not common, they do pop up. I think grey leather is exceedingly rare as well.

The red stripe ones are rare in 'proper' Corrado spec as Corrado ones have backrest and seat adjustment. There were also fitted to mk 2 Golfs but only came with seat height adjustment or backrest adjustment (I cant remember which) but not both.

Although saying that I have seen more Corrados with the red stripe than the blue stripe and they were both available for the same period of time.

Personally I would like a set of half leather ones to go in my G60 as I think these will be the best combination of comfort and wear (less sweaty in summer than full leather but the leather bolsters will wear a lot better than cloth)

So you're saying that these are the later style Yan?

I have this style in grey leather with less panels on seat base and back but the stickers on the base are 91 or 92 so I figured they were the earlier ones with the later ones having more panels in the leather. Maybe mine were originally fabric but got recovered at some time? They certainly don't have Recaro embossed on the seat back.

So you're saying that these are the later style Yan?

I have this style in grey leather with less panels on seat base and back but the stickers on the base are 91 or 92 so I figured they were the earlier ones with the later ones having more panels in the leather. Maybe mine were originally fabric but got recovered at some time? They certainly don't have Recaro embossed on the seat back.

IIRC the later style ones were installed from the point of the interior facelift. If you have leather you should have Recaro embossed in it, if not then it might be as you speculated, they have been recovered. Just to clarify, the late style Recaro interior is the bottom photo.

IIRC the later style ones were installed from the point of the interior facelift. If you have leather you should have Recaro embossed in it, if not then it might be as you speculated, they have been recovered. Just to clarify, the late style Recaro interior is the bottom photo.

Well they're certainly Recaros, and Corrado ones at that as the labels on the bottom verified everything. I could never figure out why I had leather seats that didn't look like anyone else's leather seats! Of course looking for them in grey was difficult enough in itself, being picky about the design was never going to happen.

As for rariety, half leather electric Recaros were never offered for sale in the UK, but did come on Euro and US cars - as an option again.quote]

Unfortunately, not the case, US spec cars did not recieve any Recaro seating options. Canadian Corrados did for VR6 spec only.

Unfortunately, not the case, US spec cars did not recieve any Recaro seating options. Canadian Corrados did for VR6 spec only.

Opps my bad, I was sure Tempests US Spec G60 has half leather, thanks for the correction :)

Must just be the Euro cars then.

The red stripe ones are rare in 'proper' Corrado spec as Corrado ones have backrest and seat adjustment. There were also fitted to mk 2 Golfs but only came with seat height adjustment or backrest adjustment (I cant remember which) but not both.

The red stripe recaro's from the golf only have electric height adjustment, was looking for a set for the mk1 until I realised that the electric corrado ones have both and sit lower on the subframes meaning a better seating position. did any of the corrado recaros come with a heated option by the way?

Yes they did... not sure about Europe, but ALL Canadian Corrados with Recaros had heated seat option factory installed. Actually all Canadian Corrados had the cold weather package from the factory unless specifically ordered without.

I have some silver grey leather electric recaros in mine. Was told my car was one of two Aqua/Silver combo cars in the UK (anyone on here have the other?).

Look nice though and lift the interior a fair bit.

:)

Here you go managed to find a pic. Look lighter than this in the flesh.

Excuse my sisters ugly mug :eek:

IMGP0872.jpg

Steve, I have option 3 in my VR6 (an Ebay purchase) - very comfortable, and you don't need aircon in order to enjoy them.

Leonard, if your sister reads this thread, do you have any preferences as to flowers or charitable donations??? :)