Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Cheers caz, but I'm not gonna be satisfied until it's running spot on. It's really bugging me what it could be and I just want to sort it but it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I can get another day on it.

Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. I've been so busy at work with the plate change and just general busyness that I haven't got around to updating this thread. The running issue is now sorted! :clap: :clap: :clap: It was the CO pot. Replaced it and it's an entire world better. :D No more choking and stuttering and horrendous fumes coming out of the back. Just need to get the timing light on it again to give it a little tweak. Tried it with the running issues and it wasn't running smooth enough to get an accurate reading, the engine was moving too much! :lol:

Got a few little pieces to do, like the rear flexi hoses for the brakes, and then I can MOT it. :cheers:

I just can't wait to take it out on the open road for the first time. Just needs a good blast. The petrol in it must be old as f*ck by now which probably isn't helping much. It's just been crazy. I can't believe how long I've been working on this car now! :nuts:

Good work!

Almost there buddy!!! But I've completely and utterly run out of money now! :lol: Just thinking about what I can sell to fund the tax and insurance.

Good work!

Almost there buddy!!! But I've completely and utterly run out of money now! :lol: Just thinking about what I can sell to fund the tax and insurance.

Your arse, to me?

Good work!

Your arse, to me?

In your dreams mate. You couldn't afford an ass like mine. :norty: :lol:

using a ramp and a proper workshop sure does speed up things dont it? :clap:

Sure does mate. Not having to roll around on the floor and having access to every tool you could ever want is awesome. :D

do they still have special tools from back in the day corrados were new?

Yep, dug them all out of our parts department. 8) A couple of our techs have been with VW so long they remember doing pre-delivery inspections on Corrados back in the day. I'm so jealous they got to drive them when they were brand new.

do they still have special tools from back in the day corrados were new?

Yep, dug them all out of our parts department. 8) A couple of our techs have been with VW so long they remember doing pre-delivery inspections on Corrados back in the day. I'm so jealous they got to drive them when they were brand new.

that sounds like heaven mate :luvlove:

Yikes!

Cheers Ollie, we really need to hook up at some point. We should be having another Northgate meet soon when we get around to organising it!

Yikes!

Cheers Ollie, we really need to hook up at some point. We should be having another Northgate meet soon when we get around to organising it!

Must get along to a Northgate meet one day.. just to see how much of a fat git Supercharged is when there's free food around ;)

Yikes!

Must get along to a Northgate meet one day.. just to see how much of a fat git Supercharged is when there's free food around ;)

You've never seen anything like it mate. Every time you see him he's eating another burger! :lol:

What if it doesn't pass? I'm feeling insecure today. I'm thinking of all the things that might cause it to fail.

Just think though. If it passes it'll be at the AGM next week after all. :D

I watched the testers going over my own car for it's first MOT since it's rebuild. It was painful. All worked out nicely though. :)

I'm scared. :shaking:

I really want it to pass but I just know there's gonna be some big thing that's wrong. I think it was a bad idea to get work to do it after all. I'll be able to see it on the ramp from my desk as we have big windows into the workshop.