Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Didn't get as much done as I wanted today but it's almost there.

Last few things I need to do to the bay:

Clean up and refit power steering fluid bottle.

Fit clips to tie rod boots (which I haven't got yet).

Fit braided fuel hoses (which I haven't got yet).

Think that's it.... Oh yeah, put bl**dy engine back in! :lol:

Some pics of my loom:

2j6964i.jpg

k1qj9h.jpg

2h397yq.jpg

Also thought I'd trial fit my replacement bonnet.... Think a trip to the spray shop is in order!!! :lol:

2uz57h0.jpg

looking good!

can i ask how much vag charged for the metal piping the pas uses that goes through the radiator support/valance?

looking good!

can i ask how much vag charged for the metal piping the pas uses that goes through the radiator support/valance?

I can find out for you mate if you need a new one. I just cleaned mine up with a wire wheel and sprayed it silver. 8)

keep up the good work joe. will be great when it's done

Cheers matey! When she's back we'll have to organise another Suffolk get together or something. Can't believe we only managed the one! :lol:

Cheers matey! When she's back we'll have to organise another Suffolk get together or something. Can't believe we only managed the one! :lol:

Well it's been a while since I've posted on the forum so thought I'd visit me old mate Sandra's page, how long before she's all back on the road dude?

Well it's been a while since I've posted on the forum so thought I'd visit me old mate Sandra's page, how long before she's all back on the road dude?

How long? Too fecking long! :lol: It's gonna be a little while longer. Priced up pretty much all the parts I need to finish it. Looking at another 800 notes. That's what's gonna hold me up! :lol:

looking good!

I can find out for you mate if you need a new one. I just cleaned mine up with a wire wheel and sprayed it silver. 8)

Ah no worries - its cool thanks. I'm not sure how useful it really is - I know its to help cool the pas fluid - but i wonder how effective/necessary it is.

looking good!

Ah no worries - its cool thanks. I'm not sure how useful it really is - I know its to help cool the pas fluid - but i wonder how effective/necessary it is.[/quote:v4yahaoc]

I've asked about it at work and its effects are frankly dubious at best apparently. That's why mine just got a lick of paint and some new bolts and whacked back on. :D

Ah no worries - its cool thanks. I'm not sure how useful it really is - I know its to help cool the pas fluid - but i wonder how effective/necessary it is.

I've asked about it at work and its effects are frankly dubious at best apparently. That's why mine just got a lick of paint and some new bolts and whacked back on. :D

Fair play mate!

Let us know if you need any help at some point, eager to see how you are getting on :)

Useless at electricals, but good at lifting :lol:

No worries mate. Once the engine is ready to go back in I'll most likely give you and Mr Reid a shout. :D There's really nothing special going on at the moment. Just cleaning bits up ready to go back on, painting things, and fitting little bits here and there. This Sunday all I'm doing is fitting the brake lines, braided fuel lines, and tie rod boot clips. That's all. I kinda need a break from it if I'm honest and just spend most of the day relaxing.

Well, fitted the brake lines and braided fuel lines....

2ic1cg1.jpg

29paop0.jpg

biobd.jpg

....Then I thought I'd remove the clutch master cylinder as I want a new one. This obviously necessitates the removal of the brake servo unit. Not a problem as it needs painting anyhow. However it took aaaaagggggggeeeeessss to get the bloody thing off. Whoever put the nuts on decided to use joint sealer instead of thread lock.... Before I knew it it was 6pm. :roll: I need to finish this car before I kill myself.

Anyway, all off! :cheers:

htzkox.jpg

I got it from a local place. It's not that great either if I'm honest. Think the only reason I went braided was because I like the appearance. :lol: Hey ho. It's only fuel....

Right, it's the big one. I will be placing an order at work tomorrow for somewhere in the region of £1000 worth of parts. :cheers: :( :cheers: :( :cheers: :(

Not sure if I'm happy or unhappy about that.... :lol:

Joe, how come you didn't paint the bracket in the arch for the brake line? And also I've not heard amazing things about braided fuel lines, best keep an eye on them.

Not trying to nit pick, it's a really good project you're doing. :)

I didn't paint it as it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as that in real life! I guess it's the flash or something. Like I've always said I'm not going concourse here and when the wheel is on you're not even gonna notice if that's painted or not.

So there. :tongue: :lol:

Oh yeah, any chance of that list of things for the beige boy wonder's bicycle chain? Mink muncher. :lol:

ya braided fuel pip does look good but my mates keep leeking

May have to give some thought to changing it then. :salute: Not a problem, I'll just nick some from work. :D

Oh yeah, any chance of that list of things for the beige boy wonder's bicycle chain? Mink muncher. :lol:

ooops.

Err yeah I'll get on with that.

ooops.

Err yeah I'll get on with that.

That's cool. Did you get the engine number I texted you?

Took delivery of all the parts I've ordered this morning. Altogether the cost was....

Wait for it....

£1002.25. :pale:

What else would you have spent it on away? ...............................................................................Beer, women???

Odear, im not helping am i?!?

Keep at it tho, :grin:

Took delivery of all the parts I've ordered this morning. Altogether the cost was....

Wait for it....

You should be grateful you don't work in the Parts Department. It's an easy way to spend money you don't have :lol: Thank god for the old Credit Card!!

What else would you have spent it on away? ...............................................................................Beer, women???

£1000 will get you a lot of beer but not so much women. And even less Corrado. You wouldn't believe how little Corrado £1000 gets you actually. :lol:

Wait for it....

You should be grateful you don't work in the Parts Department. It's an easy way to spend money you don't have :lol: Thank god for the old Credit Card!!

My desk is the closest to the parts department out of all the salesmen. Think they saw me coming....

£1000 will get you a lot of beer but not so much women. And even less Corrado. You wouldn't believe how little Corrado £1000 gets you actually. :lol:

You need to know the right women!! :norty: But is it sad to say the monies better spent on the c!! :clap: