Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Actually just taken a picture and compared it to the one on the previous page and you can see no difference. So I'm going to back track again and say Coke is rubbish at cleaning pistons. :lol:

have you tried over brands? the cheaper the better

Should I try White Lightning next? :lol:

Toad, are you trying to say "insert penis joke"?

Should I try White Lightning next? :lol:

yes, tramps pee may work equally

Tramps that have been drinking White Lightning and Asda own brand Coke cocktails?

Thunderbirds has got to be a contender then :lol: :lol:

Oh dear lord, all the shonky drinks out there. I wonder if that Mad Dog 20/20 stuff I used to get sloshed with as a teenager that tastes like mouthwash would do it?

vinegar or bio washing liquid, vinegar is way stronger than coke for cleaning, try it on a 2p piece compared to coke and you'll see what I mean I cleaned a header tank out totally with it once that had 15 years of crud built up in it, I've also used it for reviving scaled up taps, kettles and a 3 port central heating valve :)

bio washing liquid will break down carbon deposits apparently, that was a tip from 'how clean is your house' :lol: using it on baking trays.

I guess carb cleaner would be a good bet too.

try soaking it in elbow grease, i hear that shifts anything :D

I already told Toad that I'm not using any bodily fluids! :lol:

Right, just got inside from the workshop. Pistons are in, oil pump is in, sump is on. Will get some pics up soon! :cheers:

I'm loving this project but have felt for the past few weeks that I've been treading water a bit. So thought I'd do a before and after pic of the bay. :D

161l3z4.jpg

2d6p8hz.jpg

Pretty chuffed to be honest. :D

Bled the brakes today but still loads of air in them so will make a better job of it at a later date. At least there is fluid in all the brake lines now.

Will get some pics up of the engine next week. The head is going back on next Thursday! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, that looks a bazillion times better! Nothing like a before and after pic to get you motivated :)

hats off to you. just never look at your bay again after you have driven ten miles in it....instant depression

I might see if I can pop over at some point next weekend, if you are about? Tom will be around too!

hats off to you. just never look at your bay again after you have driven ten miles in it....instant depression

Yeah, I think this car is never going to see rain again! :lol:

I might see if I can pop over at some point next weekend, if you are about? Tom will be around too!

Awesomeness! Just let me know when you want to pop over. Be good to see you both. :D Be warned I may get you to take part in some heavy lifting though.... :lol:

Cheers mate! It wasn't until I compared those two pics that I realised just how much difference I've made. 8)

You can't beat a few good before and after pics. I forget all sorts of stuff I've done to the Storm as when I look at it I see what still needs doing and forget that many of the bits that look as they should only do so cause I've worked to get them that way.

Looking forward to the fully completed engine bay pic :D

looks like Im doing a similar thing with my silver rado, what did you use to clean up the paint in the bay. looks to have done a good job