Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Help needed - I'm liking the 1 series Coupe

Neighbour has a new 1 Series 123d Coupe - black with slightly upgraded alloys and the chrome exterior trim, thought it was hideous at first but the more I walk past it the more I'm liking it - its not pretty but it has a "presence".

I normally dislike BMW's and hate the 1 series - whats going on :D

Er, you could try hypnotherapy mate. I'm surprised, to my eyes the one series coupe is the most ill-proportioned thing BMW have ever made. Except perhaps for the one series hatch of course. The front, the back, and the middle just don't belong to each other. And that straight line that runs from the top of the front wheel arch and runs dead straight to the back of the car clashes horribly with the curved lines at the bottom of the door.

bmw1seriesfront.jpg

I would so have 1 bto be honest i really like them, until you see 1 in the flesh then you dont know, way better than pictures.

Seek help. Its got that same awkward shape as the Audi A5 has... really not a fan of either car!

sorry not my cup of tea either , but each to there own , only other down side is you will have stop being a nice driver and get into your head that you do own the 3rd lane on the motorway :wave:

spadbmw1coupe.jpg

Few people atr work have ordered them and tbh they're not all that bad - although not my cup of tea but then what do I know ;)

spadbmw1coupe.jpg

Few people atr work have ordered them and tbh they're not all that bad - although not my cup of tea but then what do I know ;)

Hatchback is the better compromise out of the two. But neither for me, unless someone gave me one - then I'd sell it and by 1 fully working rado and [strike:1znp1dz3]gold plate[/strike:1znp1dz3] it. :norty: Edit: Chrome plate it! :nuts: ...Sod it I'll get a Delorean instead. :luvlove:

spadbmw1coupe.jpg

That pic is a lot less complimentary than Sonicriot13's!!!

Awful!

Both pictures do nothing for the looks of the car, 1 parks right next to my house quite regular in the gun metal grey colour and its bloody lovely tbh, not awkward looking at all unlike the scirocco shite and agree A5.

Its parked next to my drive tonight and its bloody lovely and not awkward at all, pics do it no favours.

I think Chris Bangle's 'original aukward' designs starting with the revised 7 series have been like an ugly cancer spreading through BMW's range, why are they doing it to themselves? And when they can produce such good looking shapes like the E46.

In their day all they have is 'presence', but that doesn't win hearts in the long run, as soon as they are a bit older, no one will want to be seen dead in one.

Have you even seen the new M3 :luvlove:

Loved the last M3 more when that came out, but yes the new one is nice, but the three is the most toned down in the aukward styling department.

New M3 coupe in white ftw they look so friggin hard.

Heh, if you want a hard looking white car, nothing beats an S2 Exige... they look like they're gonna eat your children :lol:

spadbmw1coupe.jpg

That pic is a lot less complimentary than Sonicriot13's!!!

Awful!

I have to agree with that. I liked it until I saw that picture :pukeright:

thought it was hideous at first but the more I walk past it the more I'm liking it - its not pretty but it has a "presence".

I feel the same about my mates sister :help:

thought it was hideous at first but the more I walk past it the more I'm liking it - its not pretty but it has a "presence".

I feel the same about my mates sister :help:

You wanna hope (s)he doesn't read public internet forums :lol:

Maybe the 1 series, is only supposed to look good when your standing close to it - you know like from say 6 feet high or something, to give you another take on it's shape. That might go for all their recent cars actually. And that's probably Beemer Co. being "clever".