Sign in to follow this  
Mave

F**d Pumas

I drove my Mrs's 1.4 Puma again last nite when the VR6 cut out.

Proper love driving it, its just so much fun.

Ok it struggled up the hill as I pulled on the M65 but can just fling it into a roundabout and you know its going to go round it.

You will love the FRP, never driven one but if I won lotto there would deffo be one in my garage.

Get pics up when you get it!!!!

(Copied and pasted from another forum I just wrote this on)

Today was meant to be a good day, a day when I bought my new car and boy, I was waiting all week for this.

But oh no.

Let's go back to last Sunday. I went to look at a Ford Racing Puma. £30 to get there via a mate. Saw the car, and it was utterly perfect. Low miles, FSH, 12 months MOT, private plate and at a decent price too. Took me for a spin and all was ok. Afterwards;

Me: "Yeah, I really want it now, I can get you the money on Thursday and come up then, will phone you on Wednesday to sort a time"

Him: "Ok sure"

Me: "I can give you a deposit now.."

Him: "Nah, don't worry mate, I'm in no rush to sell anyway, just phone me on Wednesday and we'll sort out a time""

Me: "Great, ok"

We shook hands and off I went, happy as a bee.

Come Wednesday, I phoned him and there was no answer. So I left an answer phone message as I knew he said he usually goes out on a Wednesday night. So today there was no reply from him, and I phoned him again at 12:30am, no answer. Then about 15 minutes later my phone called and I didn't know the number calling;

Me: "Hello?"

Him: "Hi mate, it's xxxxx here."

Me: "hi:"

Him: "Just phoned to say unfortunately I sold the puma"

Me: "Oh, alright.."

Him: "Yeah sorry mate, a lad came on Monday and gave me the cash, as I needed the money badly"

Me: "Oh right"

Him: "If I'd taken the deposit from you I'd have kept it for you"

Me: "Well, I offered you a deposit the day I came and saw it"

Him "Yeah, I know, sorry mate"

Me: "Bye"

Fucking prat. Really, ultimately fucked me off that.

So, he sold it on Monday and left it 3 whole days before bothering to tell me, my dad took a day off today aswell so he could take me there as soon as I finished work. What a fucking waste that was. The fact that he said if he'd taken a deposit he'd have kept it for me, when I'd offered him one anyway, how useful was that info. Finally, how can someone go through "Not really in a rush to sell" to "Needed the money desperately" in the space of 24 hours?

Fucking THANKS.

I can't find any Ford Racing Pumas of that standard at the moment now, and I need one asap, well there is one, but it's £800 over budget.

My dad was gutted aswell, but he told me to take it as experience.

Hope you carry on enjoying.

I found the ride very hard but the seats, brakes and exhaust pop absolutely awesome

Thanks!

Skinny - nah, keeping it completely standard, it's already a bloody good car and I'mma keep it that way!

keeping it completely standard, it's already a bloody good car and I'mma keep it that way!

LOL, that old chestnut eh? I give it 6 months tops before you've got an ecotec valve and a lowering kit on it :camp:

It looks like a minter anyway dude, and I bet it's a fair bit nippier than your old valver, enjoy 8)

EDIT - Got any pics of the interior

Apart from an engine conversion there is actually very little you can do to improve(!!) a standard FRP - they are pretty hardcore in terms of overall driving experience. Whilst I sometimes got frustrated with the lack of outright power it did give me plenty of opportunity to enjoy exploring the (very high) limits of its handling capabilities. I did drive Pumabuilds FRP with Focus RS engine conversion and whilst it was massivley quick it spoilt the overall balance of the car.

Keep it standard (apart from maybe a set of the Richard Parry Jones dampers - if you can find a set as only five sets were released), keep on top of the stonechips and enjoy it

keeping it completely standard, it's already a bloody good car and I'mma keep it that way!

LOL, that old chestnut eh? I give it 6 months tops before you've got an ecotec valve and a lowering kit on it :camp:

It looks like a minter anyway dude, and I bet it's a fair bit nippier than your old valver, enjoy 8)

EDIT - Got any pics of the interior

Lol, don't tempt me. I just love it as it is anyway!

Feels so more sorted than the 16v in every way, I love the gearchanges too, really sharp and quick. Just everything about it, I can't get over just how chuckable it is and yet it doesn't feel like it's going to give in.

Not took any of the interior as I'm a crap at taking pics really, it's the same as this though :)

m8n3g6.jpg

Mmm, suede 8)

Andy> too right !

Though the downside is when people say "You drive a puma then?"...:lol: And I sound a right chav if i reply "no it's a racing one" :lol: And the Puma forums aint as good as this one either! :?

Well done that man! Looks a treat. What number is it? The early ones came with LSD.

Enjoy!

Any one of the 500 could be ordered with an LSD, seem to remember about 50 were so equipped, TBH it didn't make that much difference although its a nice to have

I like to think it's a bit more special, it's number 123 :D Not got LSD on it, only 80 customers wanted them. And AC is pretty good, I never saw the point of it at first, but when you want cool air, and to be able to listen to music on a hot day, it's a god idea to use it rather than open the windows!