Sign in to follow this  
philvr6

Missing engine

I have just completed some maintenance on my 95 Corrado,it was in the garage for almost two weeks. When all the work had been done I noticed the battery was flat and had to charge it for half an hour to get it started.

The car now has a slight miss at high revs,does this mean the ecu has lost its values and I have to go thru the ECU reset procedure or might it be another problem.

:scratch:

It does sound as if it's running rather rich and might settle back down. How long have you been letting it run for?

For what it's worth, I thought your problem was rather more serious from your post title; I thought you'd opened the bonnet and found nothing under there! :o

I have just completed some maintenance on my 95 Corrado,it was in the garage for almost two weeks. When all the work had been done I noticed the battery was flat and had to charge it for half an hour to get it started.

The car now has a slight miss at high revs,does this mean the ecu has lost its values and I have to go thru the ECU reset procedure or might it be another problem.

:scratch:

I'd go for the ECU Reset, sounds like the best bet if the battery's been flat for a while, consider it a good reason to go out for a blast!

Oh, and welcome to the forum :wave:

It does sound as if it's running rather rich and might settle back down.

I wouldn't have thought running rich would cause a misfire. Usually running rich makes the car ultra smooth ...

But yes, go for a blast, do the ecu reset, remember also that half an hour charge is unlikely to really help a completely flat battery so you need to get out there and drive for a good hour or two, or leave it charging overnight.

If it's still iffy after that, scan the ECU.

Missing engine

...and I was going to suggest looking under the bonnet :lol: :(

...and I was going to suggest moving the thread to the correct forum ... but it wouldn't do any good :tongue:

Thanks for your comments chaps, Praps I should have mentioned that part of the maintenance was installing a brand new Jetex cat back system, It does mention in the instructions that there is less back-pressure so some adjustments might have to be made but I would assume the ECU would automatically do all of this.

I have got all the hardware an leads to connect the car to my laptop but the VAG COM software is not activated :( any suggestions on what i could do?

As you mentioned going for a good blast ,would this be the answer? or is it a definite VAG COM job

I also changed the rear axle bushes and the radiator the same time.

The rear axle bushes were a Barstuard to get out and back in again but its all done now after making a VAG tool to do the job :wink: