Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Audi A5 - WOW!! How did I miss this?

saw an audi with the R8 style headlights behind me but when it came past, the side profile and rear view weren't what I expected - looked at the boot badge and thought I was mis-reading - A5 - i've obviously not stayed in touch with things as I didn't know about these but now i do and i like - A GREAT DEAL!!

to me, this is more like what the new corrado/scirocco should be. i love the subtle curve of the swadge line from the front wing, straight through the door and along the rear quarter.

I want, i want, i want.

S52.jpg

a5.Par.0005.Image.jpg

004__scaled_600_036.jpg

nuvolari02.jpg

These are beautiful. But everyone I see driving them has their lights on during the day. I always think "tit" when I see that, but then I start dribbling over the car, and forgive them, which is even worse. Clearly my principles are easily bought...

I can't stand the things. Really, really dreadful. They look wider at the front than they do at the back!! Like a triangle driving along in reverse!

No thanks!

Agree with you there Jim, they don't float my boat either. An R8, on the other hand..... see a couple round here quite regularly and they look and sound awesome! 8)

I have to agree with Jim. They just dont look right and I dont see where they fit in. They are just too big and the rear overhang is too big. Audi didnt get it quite right this time.

I really like the A5, it's a bit big, but looks good. I had one sat next to me in a traffic jam on the A34 on the way to e38 last year.

Oh and I really like the new TT too, I think it's far better proportioned than the R8. :)

The new TT looks like a baby Veyron which is no bad thing, and the R8 is just a masterpiece in every possible sense. Stunning, attention grabbing, capable, and sounds awesome. What I wouldn't give for an hour out on some quiet roads with one!

I don't mind the side profile of the A5 actually - it's a reasonably handsome car from that view, but coming towards you it just looks completely ridiculous!

with reference to the daytime running lights they come on by default during the day from factory. you have to change the default setting for the daytime running lights not to come on during the day. This is the reason every A5 new A4 etc have their day time running lights on all the time. The same applies to the E9X bmw's

the R8 is just a masterpiece in every possible sense. Stunning, attention grabbing, capable, and sounds awesome.

I think they look too long, in the wrong colour the side blades look like a big belt on a fat girl, making her look like a gangly but fat girl. Some colours look cool, such as the orangey hue of the deisel one on the front of Evo last month.

I really love the A5 and the S5 (maybe it is acquired taste though). And the R8. I'd have an R8 without a second thought if I had the money. I wouldn't even care about the fact that I've never driven one before. :D

I have to say that I really didn't like A5s or the new TTs on paper - they just looked wrong, but actually seeing them in the metal has completely changed my mind.

On the opposing side - R8s look awesome in all the dark and moody promotional material, but someone around here has one in red...and it looks gash :lol:

...does sound purdy though :norty:

the one i saw was in white - looks better in the flesh than the pctures, which themselves are nice.

can't understand the negatives - think they are rather tasty

Not seen any S5's on the road but agree the A5 is, well

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

Where do they fit in he market though? I just dont get the big coupe concept. The problem with Audi's is they are way over priced. My mum has just bought a A3 1.4 TFSI with S-line kit and she could have had a new Golf Gti instead. Ok there well made but are they worth the premium especailly as from my experince the dealers are worse than VW?

Yeah im loving the A5 too.

Looks great in the S dress too. See lots a posh totty floating around in them round leeds...... mmmmm posh totty :luvlove:

It's a typical fat-ass modern European car. Whatever the driving dynamics, it looks like it wants to cut out the carbs for a while..

im looking at one now with the same wheels, colour etc

a5.jpg[/attachment:322ynvxl]

I've had good look at it and I must say it looks :pukeright:

There's something about it that just don't look right :scratch:

to me, this is more like what the new corrado/scirocco should be.

Agreed.

Volkswagen are purely profit driven now and have lost sight of what made them popular in the first place.

Audi are still in touch with what the world wants and continue to produce stunning cars like that, with second to none build quality.

And it *is* stunning imo. On the road, in the flesh, it really is a handsome fecker. Fast as feck too. My mate's Evo 9 FQ360 couldn't keep up with one once it pulled away from 90mph....and it wasn't even an S5 :shock: