VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Having you managed to get on top of the light running issues you were having mate?

Hi Jim, yeah I spoke with Stealth. If it gets to the point where its a problem then ill take it in but TBH its been fine on the last test runs ive done after fitting the oil cooler etc.

Went for a big random drive today and loved it! This is why I own the car after all..... Just loved it :)

It's running very well thanks mate. The odd hesitation but very infrequent. Also the smoke issue I had is gone :)

I've not run vag com yet mate but thanks for the lead. Do I just download software from somewhere? Let me know if u need it back in a hurry

Very comlplex and difficult operation mate........ :) Oil feed needed restricting! Basically the oil line was a different spec from previous builds utilising a banjo fitting that wasn't restricting the flow of oil to the turbo enough causing oil to breach the seals when oil pressure was high during cold start. Vince sent me a new fitting, took me all of 2 bolts and 5 mins to fit. Job done :)

thats what I said..... then went for a burn. loving this car even more now im getting used to its new power plant. some shocked looking people about yesterday.

We need to do a car swap dude! and some fly by vids :lol:

For sure buddy glad she getting out

More thaan verity anyway. She hasnt been out since took ben home after dropping the rallye off

Well doing the heater matrix is fun isn't it? :lol:

While I'm at it I'm also tidying up the wiring and undoing some of the shizz work done by mr alarm butcher.....

I'm interested in hearing how people have repaired the flaps in the heater box. Anyone got any tips? Cheers

I used heat reflecting tape (tin foil like stuff) on the flaps Chris, with some draft excluded/door foam - available from all good diy stores, and some crap one as well!

I used heat reflecting tape (tin foil like stuff) on the flaps Chris, with some draft excluded/door foam - available from all good diy stores, and some crap one as well!

Nice. Cheers for that Sean sounds good :)

Someone else did it and put some pics up at the time mine was stripped down which gave me the idea, so I can't take all the credit.........

I used some sticky back foam stuff from hobbycraft, did the job a treat!

Comes in useful for stopping rattles as well

Dave you have had some top answers today mate. Ta. I have a roll of felt for anti rattle project, I may use that.

Have a biscuit mate.

Well doing the heater matrix is fun isn't it? :lol:

While I'm at it I'm also tidying up the wiring and undoing some of the shizz work done by mr alarm butcher.....

I'm interested in hearing how people have repaired the flaps in the heater box. Anyone got any tips? Cheers

Don't know if you've seen this thread?

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?261279-Heater-blowing-cold-not-hot-matrix-cleanse-and-air-flaps-foam-refurb-guide