Sign in to follow this  
wandee

Corrados are not selling!

Looks like the credit crunch and possible impending recession are starting to bite hard. Normally there would be a Corrado put up for sale on Pistonheads every few hours but there has hardly been any put up there within the last week or so. Add to that the fact that the guys selling them on here nearly always quickly drop their asking price and end up almost begging someone to buy their car off them. Oh yeah, and we are starting to see cars being sold for silly money. For example a very nice VR6 going for under £2K and a valver for £500...and still people are hesitating.

I wonder where this will all end? I think the recession will kick in quite soon. The average price of a VR seems to be around the £3k mark. Will it drop to £2k within the next 12 months?

I just don't know about all this. I took four orders last month for Santa Fes. Which for those of you who don't know/care about Hyundais are the largest, most polluting 4x4s in the range. Also I've noticed no drop whatsoever in the number of orders I'm getting for brand new cars. If anything they are going up slightly. Don't be so quick to blame it on the "credit crunch". There's no doubt the economy is going in the wrong direction but the media so far have blown it all out of proportion. Maybe nobody really wants to pay 3 grand for a Corrado at the moment. Especially when even good examples could need a fair amount spending on them straight away.

The only place I know that has been hit as bad as people say is the housing market. Just about everyone who applies for a job with us is a recently made redundant estate agent.

True, I think the media are being hysterical about it but I also believe that we are in for a serious downturn. The housing market is usually where it all starts and then everything else starts to tumble.

I also think the banks are in collusion with the government to do anything to prevent the true picture coming out. I'm still being inundated with credit card and loan offers and I think most people are thinking if this is the case then things must be fine.

I think the country is in a financial situation which is the equivalent of clinging onto the edge of a cliff, slowly losing grip.

Rados are getting to that age where the "slump" will hit, they are just in the inbetween stage of cheap-car & classic car.

Mk2s were laughably cheap a couple years ago and they are coming on strong again now. Makes me almost wish I'd bought the 80k Oak Green Valver I saw rather then the Rado... Actually no I don't, I always promised myself a Rado!

Sciroccos went through this and are coming out the far side as well.

On a personal (and biased point) I think the Rado's a better car than the equivalent MK2/3 anyway! :clap:

Media kept telling us that houses were overpriced and now they say the prices are plummetting?! But surely this will lead to houses ending up back at more realistic prices?

Which in turn leads to more people being able to get on the housing ladder. As again we are told that their are more people wanting to buy a house than there are houses.

BUT the banks/building societies have cut back on offers and deals for mortgages because theyv'e made bad financial decisions. Leading to people not being able to buy houses, leading to people being laid off in the building trade, unemployment then rises................. :scratch:

Fuel prices have gone up having a knock on effect on everybody, but this also means the government are raking it in with fuel tax..................... :scratch:

Rados are getting to that age where the "slump" will hit, they are just in the inbetween stage of cheap-car & classic car.

Mk2s were laughably cheap a couple years ago and they are coming on strong again now. Makes me almost wish I'd bought the 80k Oak Green Valver I saw rather then the Rado... Actually no I don't, I always promised myself a Rado!

On a personal (and biased point) I think the Rado's a better car than the equivalent MK2/3 anyway! :clap:

How much was the Golf going for?

Makes me wonder what my Jetta GTi is worth. Mint condition Tornado Red, late 1991 with FSH. Not that I'm selling it but I haven't taken any notice of the Mk2 market for a good while.

How much was the Golf going for?

Makes me wonder what my Jetta GTi is worth. Mint condition Tornado Red, late 1991 with FSH. Not that I'm selling it but I haven't taken any notice of the Mk2 market for a good while.

i'll give you 30p and a packet of quavers :lol:

Media kept telling us that houses were overpriced and now they say the prices are plummetting?! But surely this will lead to houses ending up back at more realistic prices?

Which in turn leads to more people being able to get on the housing ladder. As again we are told that their are more people wanting to buy a house than there are houses.

BUT the banks/building societies have cut back on offers and deals for mortgages because theyv'e made bad financial decisions. Leading to people not being able to buy houses, leading to people being laid off in the building trade, unemployment then rises................. :scratch:

Dont remember the media telling us houses were overpriced, just that the prices were rising.

Yeah it will be good if prices fall back to realistic levels, but an awful lot of heartache is gonna be felt before that happens.

The banks may be taking a hard line on mortgages but they are still encouraging people into debt through credit cards and a loans. No surprise really when the whole modern UK economy has been built on credit. We are like an alcoholic who knows that what they are doing is bad for them but they haven't got the means or the will to stop.

Not a fan then! :)

You might not be saying that if I put up some piccies...

Anyway I like them cos I like the underdog. Golfs are too obvious. And the Jetta actually has better handling. So there!

Not a fan then! :)

You might not be saying that if I put up some piccies...

Anyway I like them cos I like the underdog. Golfs are too obvious. And the Jetta actually has better handling. So there!

i thought that was a fair price :wink: nah i like the jettas actually, better looking car than the hatch 8)

i thought that was a fair price :wink: nah i like the jettas actually, better looking car than the hatch 8)

You'd like this one then. I'll post up a piccie soon.

You'd like this one then. I'll post up a piccie soon.

Jettas rock. End of.

It's funny how a kind of downward spiral is developing. People are being told that we are heading for recession so they are less inclined to make a major purchase such as a house, and are also apparently spending less on the high street, which in turn means that the economy will just get worse. I think the solution is for eveyone to go on a spending spree!

I have really grown to hate the media. They twist everything. I wonder if it's possible to pin point the exact moment that they rather surreptitiously started referring to global warming as "climate change". That way they can blame motorists and China not only for when it gets warmer but for when it gets colder too.

I think the second hand market in general is a little ropey, increased taxes on 2001-2006 cars, increased taxes for older non-cat cars etc etc, people dont really know whats goin on. Plus petrol, will it reach £2 a litre, will it drop again, etc etc.

The housing market is all over the place too. Some say it will stabilise, some say prices could fall by 10-20%, uncertainy leads to lack of action by people. Like myself, im in a position where i want to and can afford to move out, but i dont want to due to raising petrol, food and energy prices. I think bit decisions are just being avoided at the minute

Here's an old one off my P.C...doesn't really do it justice though. I'll take some more soon and get them up.jetta 001.jpg[/attachment:2msn1vu9]

what about the people who only recently bought there houses an just got a mortgage,to find out that the house they just spent 100k on has now dropped down to 80k an still droppin!!!

think i could cope we the rado bein worth less if the houses stop droppin down in value so much :?

what about the people who only recently bought there houses an just got a mortgage,to find out that the house they just spent 100k on has now dropped down to 80k an still droppin!!!

think i could cope we the rado bein worth less if the houses stop droppin down in value so much :?

From a purely selfish point of view I hope they drop massively. Up here in the North East the average house price is ELEVEN times the average salary. Insane.

Here in Suffolk me and my girlfriend have a fair amount of savings between us and we both take home a reasonable wage. We wouldn't even come close to being able to consider buying at the moment. My Grandma (sadly no longer with us) Paid £45,000 for her house about ten years ago. After she passed away she left it to my Mum and my Auntie and they have just sold it for £185,000. That's a rise of 411%. It was always going to have to slow down and start to drop again. There are a huge number of people staring negative equity in the face all over the country now though.

Bit off topic but I bought a house a year ago (big mistake) ive had to move closer to work,tried to sell with no joy,house is now being rented out and i myself rent.Im hoping to ride this out for a few years... :( then will try to sell again,but i was quite supprised to find out how many others do the same :? Wish i stucked with renting !

Experts are advising it's better to rent currently anyway. Sorry to say this but I can only see house prices falling even/alot more as people just can't afford them at the current prices........... I don't think thats the case in people not buying corrados, if anything alot of people would see a Corrado as an affordable car compared to what most people drive. i just dont think the market is there for Corrado's atm.

We almost bought our first house last year, mighty glad we didn't. We're currently renting a lovely house that we've been in for 4 years for a pretty low amount. I'm part of the group who is selfishly waiting for house prices to plummet and then strike whilst the iron is hot, in the hope that they'll start to rise again.

Although the money I should be putting towards the house deposit seems to being spent on other things...couldn't possibly be my 'Rado :lol:

Writer in Car Mechanics last month thought that steep excise duties on 2001-on cars may mean a loophole for people being able to afford to drive a big engined car by going for one from, say, the 1990s.

Hope he's right. That would improve Corrado desirability, surely?

As for new car sales, I believe that in Scotland, at least, June 2008 saw a large slump in sales compared with same month last year.

Hyundai's figures are up over last year. :D Mind you, we sell high quality, affordable vehicles with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty that covers the whole car. That's what people want when the money's tight.

Providing you don