Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Is there a shorter bee sting aerial available from VW?

Been searching past posts and Im sure the info is there somewhere but just cant find it! :(

So is there a std looking aerial available from VW that is around half the size of the Corrado original?

Thanks

Matt

Nope, but what you can do is cut yours down....seriously!!

Did mine 4 years ago and it's still fine.

All you do is snip off the required amount, rescue the nipple from the chopped off bit. Superglue it back onto the remaining shaft, then tidy it up with some electrical heat shrink.

Honestly, it's 10 mins work and looks stock, but 10 times better :wink:

Nope, but what you can do is cut yours down....seriously!!

Does the nipple pop off then? (love typing the word nipple lol)

Being a man of wisdom have you any ideas on how to tidy up the cracking/splitting rubber around the antenna base without having to buy a complete new unit and mess around removing my headlining?

Many Thanks

Matt

:salute:

It certainly does sir :D It just pulls off with pliers mate, not much force required.

Forgot to say it doesn't affect radio reception either.

Unfortunately, you have to buy a new aerial to get the rubber seal, which is a complete pain. The only other thing I can suggest is trying a Vauxhall dealer as most Vectras and corsas etc from the 90s used the same aerials. They might sell you just the base seal.....but I doubt it!!

You don't need to drop the headlining anyway mate. You can get the aerial out by just pulling the lining down enough from the back. It won't crack or bend. I would get some new clips for the trim that holds it up at the back though as they always break.

you can get just the plastic base trim part, do a search on the VR6OC forum someone posted the part number a while back

you can get just the plastic base trim part, do a search on the VR6OC forum someone posted the part number a while back

Awesome good work fella!

Will go for a nose

:D

i was in the main stealer the other week asking about a sharan aerial for my rad and the guy said the one from the tiguan was shorter and also cheaper (£12) if this helps :clap:

I have just ordered what I believe to be a base seal gasket for the antenna from VAG at Stirling. £13.60 incl VAT

The part no. I quoted to him was 1H0051753 - I found that on ARZ-Tuning.de who sell kit for 24 Euros excluding postage.

I found an ebay site (>99% Reputation) in Florida that claims to sell it, too. - about £11 to UK including delivery - not 100% sure of the delivery price they give, though.

Dont rush out and order with this part number until I can say if the item is correct (at least for 1995 C). Should know on Tuesday.

you can buy the rubber seal on its own, a chap on ebay had loads for sale.

i've got a spare one still, a really tight fit though but it does go on

i bought mine from ebay for around £8 for two including postage - postage was around £3 though so only about £2.50 each. I'll try and dig out the link, so you can cancel your VAG order!

i got moody with the guy on ebay selling them as mine took ages to arrive, sent him a grumpy email and he turned up on my door step in person with the seals :lol: