Sign in to follow this  
waynos

3 month detail!

i gave the car a good vaccuming before VW Fest, which for me is an achievement, i also shampoo'd the carpets which made sod all difference. probably why is stick to wiping over the dash and then concentrating on the outside :) lol

My Mrs is into all this sort of stuff and her car cost £1,000. BUT it's a mint 1owner 1979 mini Cty 850cc. It's as rare as a rare thing. Only built for 1 year and only know of one other still on the road. As her car's a daily driver (all be it only 6 miles a day) she wnts to keep it as mint as it is. Therefore it gets a healthy clean, clay, paint clean, wax whenever possible and as we don't have a garage it lives under an expensive breathable car cover. It look sstunning and even the paint under the arches is gleaming. Not bad for a 30 year old car that's never seen a paint shop. So for her I think it's worth it as it would be if you had a £200,000 super car. For a brand new Astra? I can't really see the point of going that far but I think these folks have OCD and are also car nuts and this whole detailing thing drives them insane.

At least they're not out molesting children or killing old people, so they're not doing any harm.

nick

yes i think i will attempt to detail my trusty old flymo lawnmower over the weekend ensuring i use only the most expensive products !!!!!!!!!!!

still if your only sexual outlet was a dyson vacum cleaner you would want her clean and shiney too would you not

and im sure he waxed the end of the suction tube specialy too lol

I like DetailingWorld for a few tips/help when it comes to cleaning cars and stuff, but this is going too far if you ask me, the chap clearly has issues or OCD at the very least.

You wonder how their wives/girlfriends (dare I say boyfriends?!) cope?! I assume that a lot of these gentlemen live at home with their parents and will do so for a while. Cleaning their cars is probably the only fresh air they get...

I dont beleive im going to say this after being an avid vauxhall hater forever, but them astras are one of the best looking new cars on the road just now. Pity there starting to become very common.

Amazing dedication from the guy and excellent skills but I did have to guffaw a bit when on the first page he identifies a microscopic paint defect and was seriously considering returning the car... someone should remind him it isn't a f*cking Bentley, and for £20,000 you ain't going to have a leg to stand on when it comes a blemish that was (in his words) half a millimeter across.

God knows what he'd have done if he'd have been taking delivery of an early Corrado - apparently 50% left the factory with paint / body defects back then... he'd have been exchanging cars for years before he got one that didn't have any defects!!

and you guys thought i go mad cleaning mine, this is all a bit anal for me. I like trying to keep it concorse but at least i use mine. The one guy on the right paul dalton has just had a swiavax wax named after him costing 10k a tub.

and you guys thought i go mad cleaning mine, this is all a bit anal for me. I like trying to keep it concorse but at least i use mine. The one guy on the right paul dalton has just had a swiavax wax named after him costing 10k a tub.

£500 i think you will find but still a lot of money for wax !!!!

:shock: FFS that is just going way too far, that guy has serious problems :cuckoo: I like to take care and detail my car but not too that extreme, 51 layers of wax for Feck's sake :camp: They guys that did all the work for his engine bay must have been drivin mad by him, i mean i think that the bay looks really good, well apart form the heat shield, and the quality of work is great but rest of what he's done is just sad... oh well, like someone else said at least he isn't causing anyone harm...