Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

New Corrado Club of GB Website

I never was a member, which is quite bad on my behalf, just never got round to getting a form, so the online ordering process makes it so much easier to click a button and hey presto.

Look forward to getting the membership pack and sprinter to see what i've been missing :dorky:

In that case an even bigger thanks for being one of the first to join online, something the site has been needing for a long time :grin:

I had been holding off joining the CCGB for a while, as it seemed without a fully functioning site the future of the club seemed a bit uncertain.

But now the site is up and running and looking pretty impressive too, I have just joined and look forward to helping out whenever possible.

I had been holding off joining the CCGB for a while, as it seemed without a fully functioning site the future of the club seemed a bit uncertain.

But now the site is up and running and looking pretty impressive too, I have just joined and look forward to helping out whenever possible.

Thanks! hope you enjoy the site and your welcome pack too! Feel free to get some posts/pics in the forum section once you have beed given access :)

Was lucky enough to have a sneak preview a few months ago 8) It's looking superb! Well done to the Crazies and everyone else involved- I know a lot of hard work has gone into this.

Gotta say, the club is totally coming together again now, after the lull in recent years. It really seems to have a proper direction now and it's a real pleasure to be a member again after all the uncertainty. Jude & Paul have done a cracking job, along with lots of other people (Jim, Eric etc etc). :notworthy: :clap:

Fantastic new site!

A big hats off to all involved, and after 3 years of Corrado ownership, I've finally joined! :clap:

Been meaning to do it for a couple of years now but never got round to posting the form/cheque!

Thanks again!!! :D

Do you mind if I ask what the 'welcome pack' consists of?

EDIT - and shame to see no link to this forum on the site :shrug:

i keep meaning to renew my membership i just haven't remembered, might do it today, do i need to be able to print the form off?

and shame to see no link to this forum on the site

Mate - the site has JUST gone live. Give folks a chance to get some content on there, including popular links, etc!

Regarding the welcome pack, IIRC the pack contains your membership card, the most recent issue of the Sprinter, and a welcome letter, etc :) Possibly a CCGB sticker too!

Wasn't having a pop Jim, just pointing it out! :wave:

As i've already said the site looks really well made and is a vast improvement on the last one! :)

3corsameal, from the looks of it you dont need to print anything off anymore you can join/renew online.

just tried to do it online and did everything except the paypal bit, for some reason paypal doesn't load for me, has happened alot recentely, the link just times out and gives up :(

and shame to see no link to this forum on the site

Mate - the site has JUST gone live. Give folks a chance to get some content on there, including popular links, etc!

What does the CCGB offer that this forum does not already cater for bar the Sprinter mag?

Not knocking, just wondering what direction you are taking after being out of action for so long.

We hadn't been out of action for so long - we just didn't really have much of a voice but we were still going.

Typically we arrange stands at events and the CCGB will sometimes subsidise entry costs for members who put their cars on the club stand. This year we had a National Day event (with raffles, show and shine event, etc) at Prescott Hall Hill Climb - the CCGB subsidised the ticket cost for members to an amount equal to your yearly membership (possibly even more). Strictly speaking, things like the Germany trip are organised by the CCGB and costs for presents to key players in Germany who are facilitating the events are being footed by the CCGB.. there is also a 10% discount at GSF for all CCGB card holders. Buy a few bits a year and membership has again paid for itself.

There is plenty more stuff and it can only improve if more people get on board and get involved with helping make events, make event suggestions, etc :)

Wow, thanks for all the great comments.

It has been a long old slog to get the new site to this stage and we still have loads of ideas for stuff to add, so keep watching.

As Walesy has pointed out, we don't have a link to this forum..... yet. In fact we haven't got any links ATM :lol:. The main target was to get the site to a reasonable standard and get it launched. Then focus on developing and adding to it over the next few months and keep it up-to-date.

Not sure why the PayPal isn't going through for you Corsa, are you connecting through a proxy server?

Anyway, must get back to it :wave:

I'm on as well! yay! :clap:

good job guys, the new site is looking excellent. Now time to fill that forum with Ham & Cheese! :wink:

I'm on as well! yay! :clap:

good job guys, the new site is looking excellent. Now time to fill that forum with Ham & Cheese! :wink:

Mmmm Ham & Cheese.... had a lovely baguette at lunchtime.. Ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato with a little mayo. Baguette fresh out of the oven. Awesome! DOH!!! You've got me at it now 8)

EDIT - and shame to see no link to this forum on the site :shrug:

Walesy, your wish is my command :) Links section added bottom left that registered users can submit too 8)

Not at all, Here is what comes with every membership pack although this example is minus the welcome letter as i dont have one to take a picture of.

And many other benefits besides, some of which have been mentioned before! :grin:DSC00607.JPG[/attachment:1d4ftnkw]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00611.JPG[/attachment:1d4ftnkw]

Dave - any value in having a General part to the forum

The forum does need some more thought putting into it, feels very strange to me talking about it in this forum though :?

Dave, site is looking great and the club finally has a professional looking web presence for the first time since Guy's site was taken down.

I thought, however, it had been agreed tho that there would not be a separate public forum on there apart from a hidden one for committee only use? it just seems completely pointless having a duplicate of information between this site and the CCGB, a banner link between the 2 sites would be a far better solution...

Dave, site is looking great and the club finally has a professional looking web presence for the first time since Guy's site was taken down.

I thought, however, it had been agreed tho that there would not be a separate public forum on there apart from a hidden one for committee only use? it just seems completely pointless having a duplicate of information between this site and the CCGB, a banner link between the 2 sites would be a far better solution...

An interesting one Steve, but I personally like the idea of a members only forum as not every CCGB member uses this forum and i know that from phone calls and conversations at shows (etc) with some club members.

It may come as a suprise to a few regulars on here but it's been mentioned to me quite a lot that the corrado forum can seem a little intimidating to anyone who doesn't use it that often and can actually put people off posting for fear of a moderator jumping down their neck or another cf member coming out with some clever smug comment, and to me thats a real shame! everone should be allowed to use forums without fear of being embarrased for what they post.

However if the majority of the committee want to make it public then i will accept that!

Not every post is duplicated on the CCGB forum either although i agree a lot is, but I get the impression that most folk would like to use the CCGB forum because it is a members only place and they would have much more confidence to post comments and articles without having to worry about someones smutty repllies :grin:

Thats most certainly not to say that this forum isn't a nice place to be posting on, I have learned so much from on here you wouldn't believe it, there are some really good people on here too. I always look forward to using it and i always will do (i hope) :lol: