Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

the constant battle- type r's and g60's

why cant i not beat em, i got stage 4 charger, sns stage 4 charger only done 6k and they still pul on me slighty :sad: only gettin 1o psi boost but it shud beat em i imagine even wit no lamda, i can out drive most the doyles who av em but straight different, ps the brand new ones are much much slower than 04 ish ones anyway :clap:

and will me 264 cam and 65mm pulley make tha ltitle edge ya reakon to pull ther pants down haah

Why bother :shrug: I would rather be slower German than driving tin pot Jap :grin: (we need a spitting smillie)

Surely it should please you some that an "old" Corrado can live with best Jap technoligy from 4 years ago :shrug:

Have a look around.......how many 18 year old Jap cars worth having do you ever see?

Could someone put that in something that resembles English?

I was going to suggest looking on ebay for a keyboard with all of the letters on it.

Sorry, I know txt spk is like a proper disease and stuff but I have literally read this line about 4 times:

and will me 264 cam and 65mm pulley make tha ltitle edge ya reakon to pull ther pants down haah

What does it mean??

I'm not singling out the OP because he (or she) is entitled to type however they like. Sign of the times I guess.

I unter stoowd his "Geordielish" jus fine pet, dus that mean thee am far cleverer than yows 2 leek? :wink:

I think what he was trying to convey is this :D

"By fitting a two hundred and sixty four degree cam shaft and a sixty eight millimetre supercharger pulley, will that give me some extra horse power and give me a chance to bally well thrash those Honda drivers, what"

yeah ya actaully right m8 i did a search and there isnt i always thout it was something alot of people said for some reason :confused4: oh well more fool me still want it done tho haha, if i cant beat em it the same am me 2o5 gti was speed wise which means i havent moved up in the world :sad:

If your only aim is to "beat" a type R, why not just buy one and chip it :shrug: like i said no point in comparing the 2 cars

or you could spend a grand and build yourself a 2.1 G60 engine, 83mm pistons, reground 2.0ltr gti crank, forged rods and a gas flowed big valve head, then go and "bait" a few supra twin turbos :grin:

i gunna get some more poke for sure at some piitn hopefully this cam and 65mm pulley gunna give me it, i not to bothered about the speed but id like to have a car tha will see off most average sports cars thats all really, nothin wrong wit wantin ya car to go to match the roar, otherwise id have a 1 litre eco tech corsa wit a rage exhaust lol

not a rage one you wouldnt! they went bust about 4 years ago :p lol maybe a savage on ;)

just my little piece to add really

never had any hassle from a type r driver yet :nono:

they respect the c and allow a wide berth :salute:

the c salutes back,squats the rear, lifts the tail and acknowledges its hierarchy in the car class system.

the above is aimed towards integra r drivers,the civics i dont class as cars :censored:

come to think of it! noone has troubled the c for a while.................

might have something to do with it being in a few shades of different primer and looking like its leapt off

the scrapyard(sort of unintended rat :norty: -look),hey ive cracked it,if you want to beat them so much, then intimidate

them with a car that looks like its been built by marilyn manson.

for the record: the c was undergoing remedial treatment(charger)but now is undergoing a full makeover which time allowing

should be done by april,but ugly as it is I cant resist driving it. :luvlove:

you want to beat most other sports cars with your g60? then go turbo, cheap, easy and DIY. But then again it will mean dropping that sweet G-Ladder and isn't that why we bought G60's to begin with?

I know how about twin charged? Get the G-Ladder to spool up the turbo :D now that gets complicated and probably not that much extra than if you only had a turbo.

I am increasingly being led to believe that I am alone in this but does anyone else out there not give a rat's ass about what their car can and can't beat? Mate, there's more to life. If you build a G60 that can beat Type Rs where are you going to go from there? Are you going to try to build one that can beat R8s or something?

where are you going to go from there? Are you going to try to build one that can beat R8s or something?

hmmm I feel a mid-engined 4WD Corrado project a coming :D

I am increasingly being led to believe that I am alone in this but does anyone else out there not give a rat's ass about what their car can and can't beat? Mate, there's more to life. If you build a G60 that can beat Type Rs where are you going to go from there? Are you going to try to build one that can beat R8s or something?

Im with you on that mate, maybe its my age? I like my cars to be a package, quality, classic, and uber clean, when im done my G60 C will be around 220bhp, not because im aiming at anything, just so its better than standard, I dont care if someone overtakes me, im not into racing x y or z or comparrison, and i dont drive like a bell end.

if you look at it slightly differently, most G60 Corrados can be got for 1k -4k depending, whats a type R cost? 8-10k? not a lot faster really for that money then, i can assure you that more people will be annoyed/peeed right off! when their 10k upwards car failed to leave an 18 year old volkwagen Corrado in its dust even if they did go faster.

But if you really want to persist in trying to beat these jap things then drop a G60 engine in a mk1 GTI, the power to weight ratio, even on a standard engine is superb :grin:

If your only aim is to "beat" a type R, why not just buy one and chip it :shrug: like i said no point in comparing the 2 cars

or you could spend a grand and build yourself a 2.1 G60 engine, 83mm pistons, reground 2.0ltr gti crank, forged rods and a gas flowed big valve head, then go and "bait" a few supra twin turbos :grin:

I dont want to flame but goodness me... no matter what you did to the G60 it could never keep up with a twin turbo Supra. its in a completely different league, esp as most of them get 400hp just from a few bolt ons - dont believe me then research! Even the internals are safe up to 600hp, try increasing the power fo the G60 by x3 and see if it lasts a trip roudn the block.

You know sometimes I wonder why people who drive euro boxes like we do give no respect to the jap cars.

My last totally bone stock rx7 TT did a 13.8 @102 quarter in full street trim (subs /amps /lots of random crap in the car ), and i did that time with no experience after only owning the car for about a week. If we went head to head on a track then it would annialate pretty much any FWD VW has to offer nevermind the poxy 8v.

Jap cars are ace, you cant deny it for what you get. you can buy a mint teggy type R for 5k which will prolly break down less and have far less issues than equivelent cost 'rado.

EXACTLY - at least someone made sense! Use the corrado for what it is, a fun to drive cult classic.

I couldn't agree more about respecting Jap cars

I love 'em for their cheap, powerful rear wheel drive fun and I would never knock them on engine build quality or power

The interior, body work and general chavy ownership is what lets them down

If we went head to head on a track then it would annialate pretty much any FWD VW has to offer nevermind the poxy 8v.

wow wow wow hold up here!!! don't knock the 8v engine, they are rock solid, easy to work on and as far as I have seen can get near 350-400bhp. drag strips are all good fun but lets face it, it comes down to how it drives and what kind of image you want.

I think you need to look at the bigger pic boys who do you thinks fastest Kate Beckinsale or Paula Radcliffe

I dont want to flame but goodness me... no matter what you did to the G60 it could never keep up with a twin turbo Supra. its in a completely different league, esp as most of them get 400hp just from a few bolt ons - dont believe me then research! Even the internals are safe up to 600hp, try increasing the power fo the G60 by x3 and see if it lasts a trip roudn the block.

You know sometimes I wonder why people who drive euro boxes like we do give no respect to the jap cars.

My last totally bone stock rx7 TT did a 13.8 @102 quarter in full street trim (subs /amps /lots of random crap in the car ), and i did that time with no experience after only owning the car for about a week. If we went head to head on a track then it would annialate pretty much any FWD VW has to offer nevermind the poxy 8v.

Jap cars are ace, you cant deny it for what you get. you can buy a mint teggy type R for 5k which will prolly break down less and have far less issues than equivelent cost 'rado.

EXACTLY - at least someone made sense! Use the corrado for what it is, a fun to drive cult classic.

I dont need to research :salute: i said, and i use the words again "bait" supras, I was merely making the point in a subtle way, obviously too subtle? that whatever you do to any car theres always gonna be one faster! i couldnt give a rats arse if every car on the road was quicker than my corrado or my mk1 come to that :lol: , I simply dont pay homage to Jap cars as i simply dont like them, ANYTHING about them, design or anything, my choice, my opinion, I dont have a problem with others liking them, just a lot of people always bang on about them on here, a VW forum, which kinda confuses me :scratch:

I am a Dubber coz i like Dubs EVERYTHING about them, I i liked fiat`s for example i would go buy one :salute: