Sign in to follow this  
horney

Corrado meets New Scirocco

I popped into my local VW Dealer on my home to pick up a new thermostat and seal and saw a New Scirocco parked up outside and a space next to it. I couldn't resist as it was even the same colour as my (dirty!) Rado.

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

Gutted that for the first time in ages I'd not taken my DSLR to work so only crappy phone pics I'm afraid!

Nick

when you look at it like that the scirocco makes even less sense.

I havent seen one yet but I really hope they look better in real life.

TBH Black is not a good colour for it. I really like them but they look best in white. Pity there's no Nugget on the paint list!

Nick

nice to see some pics of a nice looking motor (i mean the corrado) :D

not the scirocco :gag: which lets face it looks cack against the corrado all day long

I thought the white Scirocco at E38 looked better in the flesh than any pics I've seen.Are there any nice looking new coupes for around that price?

As much as the new Scirocco shape is a bit marmite, it's impossible not to look at the Corrado along side the Scirocco and think that it looks REALLY REALLY dated suddenly.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Corrado but alongside new stuff like that it looks bloody old!

As much as the new Scirocco shape is a bit marmite, it's impossible not to look at the Corrado along side the Scirocco and think that it looks REALLY REALLY dated suddenly.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Corrado but alongside new stuff like that it looks bloody old!

Agreed 100%

I reckon when the Scirocco has a bit of a kit on it, new wheels and lowered it will look **it hot

I agree with Jim, it does make the Corrado look old but in a good way!

And as for the 'rado in shots looking dirty, mate, if that's what yours looks like dirty, you should see mine when it badly needs a wash! Nice looking motor yours. :D

Totally agree, the C looks really dated next to it. But over a decade old styling still looks better. The scirocco in that first pic looks horrid!

Over a decade? Try over 2 decades, ha ha!

If I could afford an new Scirocco there'd be one park outside the flat in white with all the trimmings but the Rado would be there too wrapped up in a car cover and only being used for when the sun doth shine.

Nick

If I could afford an new Scirocco there'd be one park outside the flat in white with all the trimmings but the Rado would be there too wrapped up in a car cover and only being used for when the sun doth shine.

Nick

Ditto :D

Already looking at jobs that will give me enough car allowance to get one :norty:

Just me then :-) although if we had the money, there would be one on the drive, cause the missis loves it! but for me, just hasn't grown on me at all.

Saw the mk6 golf in what car today, they dont half look similar

scirocco needs a serious drop in comparison, looks like farm machinery lol!

not sure that white is its best colour though, darker ones (although maybe not black) hide the slightly weird rear and tail proportions better than white does.

To be honest, I think it's just the front of a Corrado that's dated. The arches are VERY similar to an RX8, and the back isn't that far off a Celica or something like that. From that pic, I definitely prefer the styling of the C to the Scirocco. Not that I would say no to a 'rocco if someone gave one to me, like. :)

And how are any of us going to get someone to give us a brand new Scirocco, even for only a few days - would be nice but not going to happen :(

Perhaps we should lobby Volkswagen for a few days each with one

the rocco rims in the pic are terrible.....anything would be better !!!

its true the rado does look dated, even sitting on its own, but its so much better proprotioned and doesnt look awkward from any angle, unlike the scirocco which looks like its trying to make a nose dive from the front.

Dated or not, I personally don't care, since I also don't care about fashion trends (not a fashionm victim, me). I just look at the car in its entity, let it speak through its design language to me, and if I like what I see, then I don't care how dated or not it may be compared to new stuff (which very often will date even quicker; take for example all the latest architectural building trends, all these glass and concrete bank and insurance palaces look dated after less than a decade, whereas mediaeval buildings still do it for me). That's why I have a Mk1 (Rocco, not Goof :lol:), classic lines, perfect design language to me, don't care whether it's dated or not, I just like what I see :-) Can't say that about 99% of current new cars.

Tempest

Man the C is like a micro car besides the new Rocco!! I have not seen the new rocco in the flesh will do so in a few weeks time when I get to the uK. Will leave my comments till then!