Sign in to follow this  
ProdigalSon

(Yet more) new Scirroco pics...

Loving that orange one! When you see pics like that it shows that VW do know how to make a good looking car with all the right proportions - so with this in mind, why the hell do they have to water them down so much before they sell them to the public? :cuckoo:

the red one looks much better, wheels are cool but dont like the exhaust......the only thing I keep thinking is that the oringinal scirocco and corrado where proper coupes and this just doesnt seem like one. For me it resembles a hatch too much.

i reckon a modified one will look even better, once all that black gappage on the front bumper has been filled in a bit with tasteful fibreglass :lol:

the red one looks much better, wheels are cool but dont like the exhaust......the only thing I keep thinking is that the oringinal scirocco and corrado where proper coupes and this just doesnt seem like one. For me it resembles a hatch too much.

They're all hatchbacks but I agree with you there. Not really scrutinized the proportions of modern coupes in general, but it could be a sign of the times that all cars are becoming higher in roofline/cabin height, to accommodate a wider market as possible. For certain the hatchback profile seems to rule the looks of this new VW. :|

P.S. that exhaust should be rectangular or hidden.

They're all hatchbacks but I agree with you there. Not really scrutinized the proportions of modern coupes in general, but it could be a sign of the times that all cars are becoming higher in roofline/cabin height, to accommodate a wider market as possible. For certain the hatchback profile seems to rule the looks of this new VW. :|

P.S. that exhaust should be rectangular or hidden.

I suppose what I meant was the older cars look like coupes with lower roof lines and 2 seater feel.....i.e. more sporty, but the scirocco now just looks like a sleek hatchback which I think is a shame.

VW is always going to struggle positioning the exhaust in my view as the back end just looks so round, the exhaust on these pics look like after thoughts, which is another disappointment.....maybe a twin rounded centre would look better like a clio 192 or golf R32...not sure about that even though. :(

The back end jusy ruins everything. I think the front end looks spot on, and i like the interior, but that rear end is just wrong

Eh skinnyman - reckon it's just the low angle it's taken at. But TBH that's still the 'anorexic-hipped look' you'd get from your steering wheel if you ever saw one on the road. Know what I mean? :gag:

keep an eye on the nurburgring trip threads, there may be a few pics of a scirocco showing up on there too..... :)