KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Cheers pete! I just need to find some old seats now...

I reckon that pedal is going to be spot on, but i phoned up VW and there were five varients! Is there any way I can take you up on that offer and borrow your old mock up pedal when you've finished with it? Hope your car is going ok, haven't seen any updates recently, I take it that just means your playing the waiting game :D

Bloody ell this is spooky....

I have exactly the same back issue with my seat at the moment, I think it's knackered and I was also looking at those Recaros!!

And likewise, I've been looking at pedals for my DBW setup (when DTA finally release it!) and that one looks spot on! Hopefully it will work with the smaller 2.8 24V throttle, but essentially the CAN signal should be the same.

I fitted Dave's fan brackets last night and they're perfect but I also wondered about making them airtight against the rad. Did you use foam tape or something?

EDIT - Scrap the last bit. I looked at Dave's pics again and have seen I've fitted mine wrong :lol:

Bloody ell this is spooky....

I have exactly the same back issue with my seat at the moment, I think it's knackered and I was also looking at those Recaros!!

And likewise, I've been looking at pedals for my DBW setup (when DTA finally release it!) and that one looks spot on! Hopefully it will work with the smaller 2.8 24V throttle, but essentially the CAN signal should be the same.

I fitted Dave's fan brackets last night and they're perfect but I also wondered about making them airtight against the rad. Did you use foam tape or something?

EDIT - Scrap the last bit. I looked at Dave's pics again and have seen I've fitted mine wrong :lol:

Yeah I've never found VW seats good for my back, unfortunate as apart from a Honda or two, and a 328 touring, oh any my Arosa....., that is all I've ever owned, my '69 bus had compfy seats though :D

As for the throttle pedal, no CAN on that I THINK it's just a position sensor, so you'd just have to calibrate the output on the DTA, but that might well be bollocks I'm talking.

Dave's fan bracket is very nice 8) here's my effort, not quite as nice but I'm still happy with it :D

great idea on the seats KIP! Love it :D

Cheers Chris :thumbleft: Now does anyone know if the back of a golf seat is the same, there is a Mk2 Gti in the local scrappie.

P130209_18.17[01].JPG[/attachment:1ddkvu7p]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfP130209_19.19[02].JPG[/attachment:1ddkvu7p]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfP130209_19.21.JPG[/attachment:1ddkvu7p]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP130209_19.21[03].JPG[/attachment:1ddkvu7p]

No they are 323mm from a Seat Cupra 'R'

i buy some rear 996 calipers.996.352.421 AND 422.

do you think the 323mm from Cupra fit with this bracket you made?

thanks

Not much of an update (as ever), been really busy on the house over the last few weeks.

I've had to move the washer bottle and PAS bottle to make way for the airbox, so I went down to the scrappie on Saturday though and got some bits out of an Ibiza, took the battery/PAS tray out too as I'm going to fabricate it into a bracket that bolts onto the Corrado chassis leg and holds the bottle in same place as it's shown here on the Ibiza. I grabbed the PAS hoses too, which I think are going to be a direct replacement fit as the Ibiza has the same rack. Also grabbed a number of Mk3 loom clips and the Ibiza Cable guide in the pic to replace all those crap zip tie things the corrado has.

Quite happy with the result because escentially I've been able to move the PAS bottle to the only free space in the engine bay (between the battery and the engine) using VW/Seat parts off the shelf except for the bracket. It all gets the slighly anal cleaning/refinishing treatment of course :roll:P210309_12.58.JPG[/attachment:bzswayh1]

thanks

Sorry mate, i have no idea :shrug: But it was made for a Brembo caliper (usually all very similar) to match onto a Cupra R disc. BTW the drawing shows 95mm to centres on the VR hubs, should be 94mm :?

Not much of an update (as ever), been really busy on the house over the last few weeks.

I've had to move the washer bottle and PAS bottle to make way for the airbox, so I went down to the scrappie on Saturday though and got some bits out of an Ibiza, took the battery/PAS tray out too as I'm going to fabricate it into a bracket that bolts onto the Corrado chassis leg and holds the bottle in same place as it's shown here on the Ibiza. I grabbed the PAS hoses too, which I think are going to be a direct replacement fit as the Ibiza has the same rack. Also grabbed a number of Mk3 loom clips and the Ibiza Cable guide in the pic to replace all those crap zip tie things the corrado has.

Quite happy with the result because escentially I've been able to move the PAS bottle to the only free space in the engine bay (between the battery and the engine) using VW/Seat parts off the shelf except for the bracket. It all gets the slighly anal cleaning/refinishing treatment of course :roll:P210309_12.58.JPG[/attachment:35wr86if]

thanks

Sorry mate, i have no idea :shrug: But it was made for a Brembo caliper (usually all very similar) to match onto a Cupra R disc. BTW the drawing shows 95mm to centres on the VR hubs, should be 94mm :?

that's a nice idea pal - like that.

it does sound to me though like you are just chickening out of doing it the "proper" way of re-housing the battery in the boot! :wink:

I did think about putting it under the hump in between the rear seats, but I didn't mainly because i want the finish to look very VW and not custom, although wern't you trying to keep your car OEM looking :grin:

I did think about putting it under the hump in between the rear seats, but I didn't mainly because i want the finish to look very VW and not custom, although wern't you trying to keep your car OEM looking :grin:

yes - guess i'm not going to quite the same lengths as you though bud!

should be lovely :D

(oh meant to say earlier - don't worry about asking Jon about my car - didn't get the gearbox sorted on fri as i was messed around by the garage :( )

Ok no worries mate, I'm only going to great lengths because I'm always waiting on Jon to get up to the workshop, so I do what I can to get my Corrado fix :D If i wasn't I'd be going down the same route as you mate!!

I've had to move the washer bottle and PAS bottle to make way for the airbox, so I went down to the scrappie on Saturday though and got some bits out of an Ibiza, took the battery/PAS tray out too as I'm going to fabricate it into a bracket that bolts onto the Corrado chassis leg and holds the bottle in same place as it's shown here on the Ibiza.

Good find, looks just the job! Let me know how you get on with that as I wouldn't mind moving my PAS bottle too. Do you have to fit a different washer tank or will moving the existing one a bit suffice?

I've got a Mk2 one Kev (see page 3). It fits perfectly in on the other side of the bay, even has a big spigot on the bottom of it which pops into to the hole on the Corrado chasis leg. It also has two pump housings, so if i decide to install headlight washers at a later date I can use the slot for the more powerful pump.

Ah nice one, I didn't notice that before.

I can't fit one there unfortunately, air filter in the way. It might have to be one in the inner wing like most modern cars use these days.

Just found this thread :)

Makes me realise just how much I'd like to be doing to mine - but it's my daily drive/only car :(

Admirable attention to detail tho' - makes me want to keep mine away from the public eye, lol.

Just found this thread :)

Makes me realise just how much I'd like to be doing to mine - but it's my daily drive/only car :(

Admirable attention to detail tho' - makes me want to keep mine away from the public eye, lol.

Thanks for the compliments John, mine used to be my daily driver, until it started to take too long to do the conversion, so I ended up buying a runaround for £600, and I'm still using it a year later.....to be fair the car has been sat with nothing being done on it for most of that time!!

I can't fit one there unfortunately, air filter in the way. It might have to be one in the inner wing like most modern cars use these days.

Ah yes fair enough, There's a Mk5 on on ebay at the moment....

Edit, or you could perhaps put on in your boot, and then use the tube running front to back to feed your bonnet jets.

Edit, or you could perhaps put on in your boot, and then use the tube running front to back to feed your bonnet jets.

I do that now, but because there are 4 holes squirting water instead of 1, the rear to front pressure is awful! But I think I'll just run two pumps now I think of it, one in the boot and one in the engine bay!

I thought you might say that, I was thinking about it after i posted it!! Good idea about putting another pump in though :D

Thanks bud!! Yes I am going to be doing them soon, have to go up and collect the donor seats off Toad in the near future...

Not wanting to sound ungrateful but I'm not sure those Recaro's would suit the Corrado tbh, but it's the thought that counts eh!! :D Cheers

Went up to colect some donor seats off Toad on Saturday morning who showed me his small collection of Corrado's in various different states!! Absolute top bloke, and I owe him for the seats, cheers mate :D

Stripped the top part of the seat off, binning all the knackered foam and material. I then set about modifying the seat frame, sorting out which bits of the tilting and reclining mechanisms I'm going to use, which at the moment is all of it. So I drilled out the spot welds and rivets holding on the brackets for these mechanisms to later mount on the new seat back.

Once i'd stripped off all the bits I needed I then got out the hacksaw and cut off the seat back just above the crossmember, to which I'll then weld on some brackets to hold the new seat back which will be made from laser cut 4mm 7075 aluminium sheet folded into shape.

That's the plan anyway, it'll probably end up different!

Bloody hell, you don't hang about with these things do you?

Interested to see how you get on with the seats. :)

Yeah I need to get them finished quite soon, hopefully I'll get all the design work and laser cutting files done by Wednesday, to get them for Friday off for folding on monday, but we'll see....they'll probably take months like everything else on this car........

Again thanks for the seats mate, hope your sister was ok about her wheelarch damage :oops:

She didn't care, she said "Didn't you tell him I drive it into things?" :lol:

Will be interested to see the parts pre and post folding...

I'll take pics, although I may get the same company (Welland in Southampton) to do both the operations in which case i won't get them before they are folded...