KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

have you had the wishbones and rear axle powercoated or is that the standard VW coating?

I found the VW paint doesn't last very long at all

Everything has been powdercoated except for the wishbones which I bought new from VW, and it's already chipped off them in places, so I might take them off and get them done too! But powdercoating itself isn't that brilliant on steel, really good on ally bits though. the best option is to shotblast and then 2k paint, but that's really expensive :(

I don't plan to use the car a great deal though- more as a weekend toy rather than my daily commuter like it used to be, so it doesn't really matter. :D

Day 2 of cleaning, starting to look much cleaner now having used the degreaser on it. can't wait to finish all the painted bits. Still have to let it down and raise it up from the other side to do the other wheel arches and sill. PM'd you monkey, glad you like the thread!

That is absolutely stunning!

Day 2 of cleaning, starting to look much cleaner now having used the degreaser on it. can't wait to finish all the painted bits. Still have to let it down and raise it up from the other side to do the other wheel arches and sill. PM'd you monkey, glad you like the thread!

That is absolutely stunning!

Cheers Tom! Wait till it's finished being cleaned on both halves (I've only really done above the tunnel) and all the patches sprayed, then it'll look properly good, and I won't want to drive it in the wet, which i told myself it would never come to :roll:

minty fresh!! :clap: this car will be one to see :luvlove:

Cheers Chris! it would be nice to meet some of the people on here, so i'll probably take it to one or two shows towards the end of the summer. :D

Cheers Tom! Wait till it's finished being cleaned on both halves (I've only really done above the tunnel) and all the patches sprayed, then it'll look properly good, and I won't want to drive it in the wet, which i told myself it would never come to :roll:

Think of it this way, it'll be far better protected, so it'll be better in the rain than it was before, plus it'll be easier to clean now... I'm building my cars up so I can go out and abuse them no matter the weather. Mind you, mine will never be a patch on yours...

I'm building my cars up so I can go out and abuse them no matter the weather

Yeah that's what I said when I started out on the conversion, but it was also going to take two weeks......... :scratch:

Mind you, mine will never be a patch on yours...

You still talking about cars here chap :D :D It will be once I've come up with my Polisher and buffed it up a bit. :roll: Coat and gone.

I'm building my cars up so I can go out and abuse them no matter the weather

Yeah that's what I said when I started out on the conversion, but it was also going to take two weeks......... :scratch:

Mine was going to be back on the road with a fully rebuilt engine in March 2008. :)

fair play mate, your thread is looking great as usual :D

would be interested to see your exhaust if you manage to get some piccies of it sometime...

btw - i'm off to essex tomorrow to look at an integra. if i buy it, then i'll probably be driving home via salisbury to see the girlfriend - if you're about then i'll give you a nudge :)

hope all is well pal, speak to you soon,

Pete

Here you are mate! it's not fully welded up yet, but you get the idea :D

yes you must pop in when you've got the integra, will always love those cars, I miss driving one :(

Mine was going to be back on the road with a fully rebuilt engine in March 2008. :)

ahh no problem, it'll be all finished on Monday :D

off the top of my head without going to look at them, those cats look different (wider) compared to the ones i've got off a mk5...

i'll hopefully get the chance check tomorrow (from memory) - but i don't remember my standard cats being any/much wider than the milltek items i replaced them with...

oh, and i have now bought another car - it's not an integra though...

please see link for my new motor :norty: - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1054512.htm

(and i recon the stickers will be coming off before anyone says anything...)

it may not be to some people's tastes, but i've always wanted one, and seeing as i saw two proplerly ratty tegs that were miles away, i thought bugger it and just went with my heart (was just getting the teg to justify a "sensible" option anyway!)

WOW :suprised: didn't see that one coming :D , Scooby, Corrado 3.2 and then an Evo, that's some list you've got going there mate! hate to see your servicing and fuel bills to see your gfriend! Mind you i've not got over 22mpg out of the 330 yet! But then it hasn't been out of town either. You'll have to take me out for a spin when you're down this way!! No iff's or butts. :D

Finally finished cleaning the underside, going to do the engine bay thoroughly tomorrow. Then it's up on the ramps to take the subframes off and finish with stone chip etc.

A few pics of how it now looks after three days (maybe more like afternoons with long tea breaks!) of scrubbing......

On the last pic the os shock isn't on the rear, can you tell :D

This sort of thing is alien to me,that sort of attention to detail but I can see where this is going.

This is going to be an incredible corrado.

Hats off.

:salute:

This sort of thing is alien to me,that sort of attention to detail but I can see where this is going.

Hats off.

Thank you for the compliment mate, it's not often I get the chance to do something like this, so I'm putting a fair amount of effort into it. I can't wait to start bolting all the shiny bits on, the biggest problem I'm going to have is remembering where everthing goes on a car I took apart nearly 2 years ago.... :D

Hats off.

Thank you for the compliment mate, it's not often I get the chance to do something like this, so I'm putting a fair amount of effort into it. I can't wait to start bolting all the shiny bits on, the biggest problem I'm going to have is remembering where everthing goes on a car I took apart nearly 2 years ago.... :D

Yeah I arrogantly thught i'd remember where everything went and was stumped by a few things,and that was only after a few months. :roll:

Well good luck.

Its going to be some car when your finished KIP, i hope to do the whole underneath of my storm soon, you will get great satisfaction putting all the shiney bits on, makes it all worth while :D

Its going to be some car when your finished KIP, i hope to do the whole underneath of my storm soon, you will get great satisfaction putting all the shiney bits on, makes it all worth while :D
Aye that it does! To be honest though it started out as a rust prevention excercise, but you can't really do it properly until you've thoroughly cleaned the underside- and inspected it thoroughly. You can see the smallest little pinprick of rust in the underseal etc, but peel it away and it's far bigger behind it.

I'm not trying to create a show car, just a car that will run on for another decade and hopefully be reliable although I'll still take it to a couple of shows!! I am trying to build the car using VW parts only, there are exceptions but I've tried to keep them oe looking, exhaust, wheels, suspension... the result will hopefully be a car that doesn't look modified to the untrained eye, but to the trained eye it's totally different in many subtle ways. :lol:

Cheers mate! Expect a few posts asking 'where does this bit go' :D

If you get stuck, call me, I've got plenty of corrados to reference against....

I might have to drag you down here one day Tom! :D Maybe do the paintwork here?

I love this thread, much respect for the amount of work you are putting in, can't wait to see the finished result :notworthy:

P.S I got the lambdas through this morning, thanks again!

Awesome work, so glad you've still got enthusiasim for it after all this time! I think I would have gotten fed up with it now, so all credit to you! :salute: