KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Pic of your Cabriolet in PVW looking back at an issue from 10 years ago. Still looks fresh today

Really? I'll have a look! Thanks pal.

No updates really as I've been busy with accounts to try and get another mortgage, which I managed to get but only just, lending is really tight at the moment if you are self employed! It's a complete restoration job we're buying so I'll have my summer work cut out...but I get to build myself a nice garage with a lift etc!!! Can't wait..

I did MOT it the other day, feels really quick! I thought I'd put it back together really solid but there are a few rattles in the dash and a few other places I need to sort out. Oh and all the wheels need to be pointed in the right directions!

Did you ever get anywhere with that undertray idea? I remember reading about it ages ago :)

Late to this thread, just read it all, very impressive work, look forward to seeing it in the flesh! ;)

i have just spent the last 1.5hrs reading this thread and dont think i could've done anything more productive with my time...it looks amazing and now i really want another corrado, what i dont understand is i've lived in salisbury for 10 years and dont think ive ever seen your car around

Did you ever get anywhere with that undertray idea? I remember reading about it ages ago :)

Still on the 'to do' list buddy!! I'm not driving it about yet, I'm just tidying up the wiring looms and then it's back together to go off and have a new downpipe/cat section made by a friend who runs a longlife franchise. Whils't it's up on the ramps I'll fit/mod/fabricate the undertray. There's no way i've spent all this time getting it tidy to ruin it all by driving it without the undertray!

Thanks G60mat, should be around for the end of the summer now, a new house restoration project is getting in the way of progress....

thamouse, that's probably because I'ts been off the road for the last 3 1/2 years, it has been around before that though! Where are you living?

used to live in pauls dene off castle road but have since moved to the sticks of east gomeldon, i seem to remember seeing a supercharged vr6 around salisbury some time ago that wasnt anything to do with you was it? where abouts are you

I'm renting in Porton, moving in a couple of months to Damerham, a village near Fordingbridge. You should pop by sometime for a gander and a cuppa.

id love to have a look only if it alright with you that is, especially as you are quite literally just down the road. Do you go down the porton hotel much?

I think I may have found some new wheels to fit, but early days yet. There more OEM than the current ones. You'll find out on here soon enough if all goes well...Meanwhile I'm still busy restoring a house with every spare minute I have, so the C is tucked up and my old mans house well away from building dust....

I'm glad you have undertray plans - I was thinking of cadding something up also. Purely conceptual (in my head) at this point!

Hope all goes well with the house resto. What paint code will you be using? :lol:

awesome !! just awesome!! i didnt read all of it {sooray} but the engine bay is stunning!! very oem! i would love a 3.2 in mine!! by chance have you got the part # for the Corrado sill protector? i had to remove my passenger side as i had to remove rust and would like the exact one replaced. cheers.

I'm glad you have undertray plans - I was thinking of cadding something up also. Purely conceptual (in my head) at this point!

Hope all goes well with the house resto. What paint code will you be using? :lol:

Cheers pal, some random house pics for you! Note the CAD I've done of it!! What you cant see is the lift in the garage, I've been after one for years, no more trolley jacks!! Here's Pete (on here) and I opening up the big fireplace, good fun that was.

jbcorrado- Thanks buddy, still not finished though, 4 years later...

VW_OwneR_85- thanks for the compliments, 3.2 is the way forward for sure! I haven't got the boxes any more I'm afraid, but you can look it up at VAGCAT.com

Kev- If they they come off they will be the perfect wheel imo, but well see.

Thats going to be a beautiful house, a bit of a long way for me to come up and do your timber cladding though :thumbleft:

ah my m8 at a vw dealer gave me this number for the sill protector 535 853 A 01C but says there now unavailable :( ,good luck with the house! looks like you got ALOT of work to do!

Ha ha I like DIY. Especially plumbing and the destructive work like opening fireplaces :D

Looking forward to seeing how the lift works out! I've always liked the Audi dealer ramps, which are just 2 hydraulic poles that raise out of the ground. The work space around the car is phenomenal.

New house looks great especially excellent find with the chimney. Did you spot it on the plans or gambled and went digging?

from what i remember when i started digging it out with him was that the outline of an old shape hearth (resembling the big one his neighbours had and what you can see in the later photo) was fairly obvious.

so we just started digging it out to see what we could find!

to be honest i'm pretty jealous of your place Kip; i love DIY too. not sure how on earth you manage to find time to do the house, go to work and be a dad and a husband in the short few hours of the day though!!!

hopefully down your neck of the woods the middle of the coming week, so expect a shout from me then :)

Yer mental! I hate DIY, this is my worst nightmare!!

Oh believe me -I hate it too sometimes!!

Thats going to be a beautiful house, a bit of a long way for me to come up and do your timber cladding though :thumbleft:

Thankls Matt, are you a carpenter then?

from what i remember when i started digging it out with him was that the outline of an old shape hearth (resembling the big one his neighbours had and what you can see in the later photo) was fairly obvious.

so we just started digging it out to see what we could find!

to be honest i'm pretty jealous of your place Kip; i love DIY too. not sure how on earth you manage to find time to do the house, go to work and be a dad and a husband in the short few hours of the day though!!!

hopefully down your neck of the woods the middle of the coming week, so expect a shout from me then :)

Hey Pete, we're having the woodburner fitted on Friday, so I've just popped out an bought a compressor to sandblast the brickwork/flint, so when you come down you should see it looking nice and clean. I think i'll probably have some re-pointing to do after that too. I'm not all that keen on some bits of DIY but I love the results. I do like woodwork now, I used to really hate it, but good chop saw and circular saw are a blessing.

New house looks great especially excellent find with the chimney. Did you spot it on the plans or gambled and went digging?

Cheers Sam, the house is a semi-detatched, and the lady who lives in the other half has hers like this (backs onto it), so we guessed it must be there.

Ha ha I like DIY. Especially plumbing and the destructive work like opening fireplaces :D

Looking forward to seeing how the lift works out! I've always liked the Audi dealer ramps, which are just 2 hydraulic poles that raise out of the ground. The work space around the car is phenomenal.

The destruction was almost all done with a big wrecking bar!

I would love a piston lift they are brilliant, but I can't convince the other half to spend the cash!

Yep I am a qualified Carpenter and this looks like a wonderful project to get stuck into. I think your C will get very pampered living here.

I can't believe you're looking at new wheels already. These haven't seen tarmac yet! Oh and we need more pics of the car I think, haha.

Take it easy buddy.

Well it's been an age since i've updated this as the Corrado's been tucked up for the winter whils't I got on with more DIY, I haven't been on here much either recently, just sometimes browsing on my phone waiting for the toast to pop..

One of the main things I needed to do before I got the Corrado to mine was repair the garage floor, which I've now done and so I've now got somehwere indoors to work on the car.

I went over to my parents last weekend and had a look round it. Other than a few cobwebs it all looks good. All the texture painted parts lke the slam panel still look great. I've decided to leave the black grille on for the moment- I prefer it I think.

Before I tucked it away for the winter I 90% completed re-wiring the engine bay looms, wrapping the whole lot in plastic conduit and getting all the wire lengths just right- it meant taking the whole loom back out again. However hard I tried though I couldn't get the engine loom plugs back into the fusebox- so at 11pm the night before we moved house I decided to take the dash out to get better access to the fusebox. By 12.30 the dash was out and but I called it a day and the dash hasn't gone back in since, so that'll be the first job to finish followed by tidying up the bay once I know all the elecs are working properly- i've also putt in the TT fan controller where the horn goes. Then I'm off to get it set up/balanced on the scales and geometry checked over. I'm sure there's more I've forgotten- there always is.

After the summer who knows, I may have to sell it to help build the garage. I really want to build my own car now!

Sold the Mk2, sad to see it go :-( but it really wasn't the best for my 160mile commute 3 days a week! Bought a GT Tdi Mk5, very capable if a little sterile, I can't help thinking what fun the Gti must be, even thought of changing my better half's 330 for one, but that's been such a good car I probably won't...

Anyway, a few pics for you guys. The pics are not very good I'm afraid, and my O2 leads don't go ove the airbox normally! I

Edited by KipVR

Looking good still mate.

Snap on the front grill, I just painted mine satin black.

If you don't mind me asking which car is your airbox off? Looks nice and tidy. ;)