KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Two tasty looking cars mate :notworthy:

Great to see the C out in the daylight, has to be one of the best around no doubt :salute:

Hmm......carbon strut brace........if only one of those could fit a Corrado. I'd buy one off ya :wave:

Nice to see how things are progressing, keep it up mate.

The C's engine bay looks fantastic Kip! :notworthy: Is the airbox the same as the Mk4 R32's do you know or the Mk5's? My mk5 one is HUGE and I can't see it fitting with just the washer bottle moved out the way. I'd really like to put the std airbox on though as it's rather loud with an open filter on!!

The C's engine bay looks fantastic Kip! :notworthy: Is the airbox the same as the Mk4 R32's do you know or the Mk5's? My mk5 one is HUGE and I can't see it fitting with just the washer bottle moved out the way. I'd really like to put the std airbox on though as it's rather loud with an open filter on!!
It's an Audi TT airbox fella, the VW ones don't have a groove pattern on the top of them and the MAF and inlet is a smaller diameter. They are all big though, it's the same size as a Golf airbox. You have to move the PAS botle too, mine's not in the pics above because the brackets being coated (I forgot to put it in with the others...)

what a lovely pair!!! :D

'rado is looking sooo nice mate 8) 8) 8)

this car is completely awesome :)

Two tasty looking cars mate :notworthy:

Great to see the C out in the daylight, has to be one of the best around no doubt :salute:

Hmm......carbon strut brace........if only one of those could fit a Corrado. I'd buy one off ya :wave:

Nice to see how things are progressing, keep it up mate.

Thanks for the compliments but don't get false images, it's not a patch on some of the other guys on here when you see in the flesh.I need to get on with finishing it really, but I just end up looking at it and pondering:? Does anyone else do that or is it just me?

Any chance of an update? :) The C looks amazing in the last few piccys you posted up, engine bay looks spot on. Top notch. :thumbleft:

Hey Chris, I've been too busy for the past few months getting the house ready for sale, it's finally completed and going on Rightmove on Tuesday, so now I can concentrate on the Corrado again 8) Looks like a full bare metal respray is in order soon.

Also the Mk2's going up for sale. I need something better on petrol, I'm even thinking of going over to the dark side and using diesel :( , so if anyone's interested in a nice 65k Mk2 in Silver give me a call, I've fitted a new cam belt, discs and pads, fuel air and oil filters. Tuned etc... looking for high 2's

Shame the mk2 is going Kip, someone is going to get an awesome condition motor. Wish I had a spare few grand lying around.

Best of luck with the house sale. And now... Get on with the C! Haha.

Right, time for an update!

The car's been up at Jon's workshop for the last 6 months or so, during that time progress has been slow due to both of us having other commitments, and most of the work required has been down to Jon doing the wiring for me, which is now just about complete.

The car's now running :shock: , the engine's so quiet it's unreal, the Jetex exhaust is quiet too, just spot on. I'll get a video up soon enough.

Loads of fault codes which were to be expected, stuff like the steering angle sensor etc, for which I need to send the ECU to VAG doctor.

I can't get the floor mounted pedal to work with my ECU, but I'm going to get a proper R32 one in there, the one I've been using is one Pete Griff kindly lent me to use as a mock up but it's a bit broken. My Audi one is a hanging pedal, but it wants to mount just where the fusebox is so I don't really want to use it.

It looks like the secondhand ABS unit I bought and so lovingly restored has a duff pump motor on it! So I've got to swap that over, means brake fluid everywhere, I'm going to invest in a proper vaccum brake bleeding kit for that job though.

Still to do...

Alarm

Replace ABS unit (maybe for a TT unit but not sold on that)

Middle Exhaust mount

Washer bottle strap.

Sort out rev counter signal

Stronger airbox mount.

Sort out some sort of fan controller, need to speak to CrazyDave about that but keep forgetting...

Full bolt check

Sort my seats out!! I test fitted the drivers one in there, and they are a bit too wide at the top and it inteferes with the seatbelt, so need to sort that out with the jigsaw...Comfy though!

Headliner and pillar trims have been covered in dark grey alcantara, still have to put them in....

Chop tailpipe off the exhaust, put on a plain tube end.

More stuff I can't remember...

:clap: happy days pal

can't wait to see it now, gutted i won't get the chance to see it before i go :(

you'd better have it finished by the time i get back - you've got no excuse at all now!

forgot to say the other day - it's a shame you left slightly early from the supercar day. as the cars were leaving they all revved up and sat in a queue to get out, the chorus was orgasmic! :nuts:

Ahh gutted now mate!! But I knew that if we stayed much longer we would have two crying children on our hands so i quit whilst I was ahead :D Still, I'd have loved to have seen that, although we did get to see that 458 out on the road giving it beans :luvlove: Must save up one day!

Don't worry it'll probably be going into the bodyshop whils't your away, so you won't miss anything!!

Quick update on an afternoons work....

A quick machine polish of the whole car after a few years of total paintwork neglect followed by some collinite wax.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00281.JPG[/attachment:2ft6a56f]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00279.JPG[/attachment:2ft6a56f]

Then off with the bonnet to get the old sticky residue from the sound proofing off with some petrol. Then a good bit of soapy water and a rinse, waxoyl in the chambers and more collinite on the surfaces you see bring it up a treat. Stick on the new VW soundproofing and re-route the washer jet tubing to the other side to my washer bottle.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00282.JPG[/attachment:2ft6a56f]

Stick on the late Mk2 Scuttle tray, fits a treat with no mods.DSC00283.JPG[/attachment:2ft6a56f]

Cheers pal,

The scuttle tray is one of the hard plastic type which are a lot more sturdy, I thought they would all fit though.

Ive got one of those scuttle panels but it wouldnt fit, looks like I must have an early one then. Cars looking good.

I had one too, just taken it off though as it didn't fit right, or as I wanted. Certainly didn't fall into place, mainly around the cabin air in-take housing.

Wouldn't have a part number would you Kip? Then I can check it an see if it is the right one....

Car looks good too!

Kip, do you want to swap cars?... :grin:

Hey Kris, why of course :D

I had one too, just taken it off though as it didn't fit right, or as I wanted. Certainly didn't fall into place, mainly around the cabin air in-take housing.

Wouldn't have a part number would you Kip? Then I can check it an see if it is the right one....

Car looks good too!

Cheers Jaime

Yeah i found that to begin with, then I found that you have to put it in at the right angle and it goes straight in. It clips over the top of the windscreen scuttle trays (the original one might go under I can't remember), where isn't contoured right for the end 70mm but I can live with that. However it might also have something to do with my ECU being slimmer than the original one? Either way I'll get you a PN next time I'm out on the car.

OM Bloody God it looks stunning Chris! I Must come and see it one weekend so if you are happy to meet up sometime over a few pints and a bit of fodder that'd be grand.

A real credit to you my Friend. :notworthy:

looks awesome, would love a rado with a motor like that. It'll have to be bought not built for me though lol

OM Bloody God it looks stunning Chris! I Must come and see it one weekend so if you are happy to meet up sometime over a few pints and a bit of fodder that'd be grand.

A real credit to you my Friend. :notworthy:

Cheers Kip, the crappy phone pics make it look better than it is in real life though, and typical that in a month or so it'll be MOT'd, just as the summer finishes!! This build has taken me so long it's embarassing :grin: Definately have to meet up sometime, but I'll have to get it MOT'd first!

looks awesome, would love a rado with a motor like that. It'll have to be bought not built for me though lol

Thanks buddy, you should get into doing stuff for yourself though, it's way cheaper in the long run :)

Only just caught up with this, oh my! :shock:

:notworthy:

Oh yes, the thread has moved :lol: :lol: Cheers pal :D

Vid as soon as I get my HTC back from being repaired....

In all honesty if you could take a 2.9 out, you could fit a 3.2 in. You don't have to faff about in the same way I have. Pete Griff had his done and dusted in a couple of months!

Love the pic in your sig Kempy.