KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Yeah but you can hear the bearings going so you know it needs changing, the bearings were fine on this one, God knows how long the impeller was broken but luckily most of the bits were retrieved.

Blimey! Never had that happen to me. The TT bushes aren't harsh at all so you'll be fine with those.

I agree with you on the M3 / Z4. You need a lot of space to enjoy an old school n'asp M car because very little happens below 4000rpm.

Yes to be fair I didn't really get it much over 5k, probably where I was going wrong!!

New motor! This is so much better than the one I tested down the road, just goes to show don't buy the first one you drive! The engine is much more eager to rev, and very addictive :) nice having all the modern stuff too. Going to clean up the Corrado now having used it over the winter, there's a few little rattles to sort too....671bb216a1dbc4b9cb4158c419c596fe.jpg280b58ab400a3402ef77ff7c4ba62001.jpg

Be really interested to hear your reports on the BMW been thinking along those lines myself.

Be really interested to hear your reports on the BMW been thinking along those lines myself.

I love it, lots of reports complain about the hard suspension but coming from a Corrado it still feels like a plush ride! It's really fine although I'd not want to go much lower on tyre profile. The non M version is possibly a better daily proposition, with a bigger boot, softer ride, and better fuel economy from the superb magnesium 3.0 265bhp engine, but to me the M is just the ticket. Lots of people say 'just buy an M3' it's a better car, and in many ways it is, but it just doesn't feel special in the way the m coupe does, which dishes out a proper sense of occasion every time you get into it and drive it. All the M's come fully kitted out usually too, mines got auto lights and wipers, heated and electric seats, satnav, tyre monitor, Bluetooth, climate, steering control, parking sensors, cruise control, xenons and black leather. Annoying things are the noisy S54 motor valvegear, and the notchy 1-2nd gear change, both well documented and both not to hard to live with. It shares all the running gear, brakes and engine from the M3 csl, and many of the z4 roadster parts so it's easy to get bits for it.

Edited by KipVR

Love the Z4 coupe great buy :dance:

Cheers pal, I'm certainly enjoying it so far...

Decided to go back to a black interior and oem steering wheel. So I bought a black interior and had the front seats and tunnel re-trimmed in Nappa leather. 78381c10ba8e8a4a71237d7fd0d9d7c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a free dark red leather interior minus the front seats, pm me. It can always be re-dyed.

A lot of pics have now disappeared (from aound p.45). Any reason, mods,or any way to get them back up again?

A lot of pics have now disappeared (from aound p.45). Any reason, mods,or any way to get them back up again?

were they put on the thread as attachments fla?

i know some of my early pics on my build thread disappeared, which i was told was due to something when the site was moved between servers

Well, after decades of ownership, my Corrado went to a new home last weekend, a very nice chap who I'm sure will look after it. This is a couple of photos of how M62 RAX looked when I handed it over.

Congratulations on the sale,car looks amazing and is a credit to all your hard work,but you'll be back,they all come back in the end :bonk:

High praise thanks guys! I'd love to say I'm missing it but not yet!! Anyway, I was going to sell my Z4MC as well, but instead I'm thinking about putting the V10 M5 motor in it, are there any BMW geeks on here that might be able to any light on the conversion? I can't cope with asking the 'experts' on the BMW forums!!

Now that I will definitely follow with interest!!! Please document it on here!!

Many of the google images for "BMW V10 into Z4" link back to BMW forums unfortunately. The engine certainly looks like it belongs in there!