Mawrick

Just thought I'd whore the rado in here.....:)

A small update:

installed the DubNutz stainless steel fuel lines and Gruvenparts fuelline brackets:

DSC_1555.jpg

DSC_1557.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

And some pics of the front brake calipers sitting on car:

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1566.jpg

A small update - before I get around to actually starting it up :)

refurbished alternator - powdercoated:

DSC_5093.jpg?t=1273856075

DSC_5092.jpg?t=1273856076

And FINALY "lift off" - well not quite, but atleast I got to start it up today - so seem to be working alright after the rebuild, so an important milestone reached :)

Small update - not so good though.

Have gotten the car in for a inspection before getting it registered - all went good - however there are wrong data about the car in the Swedish documents - turns out it was registered for only 2 people there, and the weights are wrong.

So the pr*** at the gov inspection center won't register it for 4 people - and the VW importer here in Norway don't seem to be able to give me a confirmation of weight etc. TÜV could give me a certificate for the technical data of the car - but that wasn't sufficient for the gov goones.

Guess it won't be registered this year afterall - gives me time to think about braking it......doubt it, but I'm considering it :)

Finally something positive today - spoke again with the gov guys, and they said they could weigh the car for me - and I just should make sure to toss out spare wheel +++ that I don't need if it was close to the limit.

Was up just now on the weight to check and it seem to come in right around 1275Kg - max limit was 1280 to get 4 seats :)

Hopefully they will be able to work that out tomorrow - so I can register it after the w/e :)

ah man after all your effort i hope you get it sorted.

i don't get the weight issue tho, four seaters have a limited weight band in Norway :scratch:

ah man after all your effort i hope you get it sorted.

i don't get the weight issue tho, four seaters have a limited weight band in Norway :scratch:

yea - well you can say they have a "standard" for passanger weight which is 75kg per person - meaning that for 4 persons it must have 300 kg available when the car is weight when empty and up to the maximum allowed weight.

The Corrado has maximum allowed weight of 1580Kg - meaning it must weigh 1280kg max - and it's stated from VW 1285 - and the swedish documents stated around 1400kg. When I checked tonight with the spare tire out it came in roughly at 1275 with full tank of gas, meaning that it's within the limit :)

Hopefully it will work alright tomorrow....:)

FINALLY!

Was able to get it worked out today - so only thing missing is paying the taxes and getting it's new wings................ehh...plates (thinking monday).....:)

Finally got all things sorted - it's now on Norwegian plates - and it's a 4 person car again (not that it's much room for 4 but anyway)....:)

Value off it also raised significally today after the taxes was paid....lol....:)

Just thought I'd put in a few pics of it after the registration - better photo's to come eventually - have been to busy driving it to get time for another wash and a "photoshot" :)

DSC_1645.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1643.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

YES! I know it sits to high - will also be adjusted a bit down on the height ;)

And before the trip to Germany - the Speedlines are back on - after powdercoating (done a few years ago I guess :) )

14060067_zpscb75a85e.jpg

18 minutes ago, ger040 said:

great looking car and great scenery too

thnx - yea was a great drive on curvy roads fit for a Corrado 🙂 (a bit of bad tarmac - but hey that's the usual stuff up here 🙂 )