Sign in to follow this  
RallyRaddo

A statement on Nugget Yellow Numbers by E-Bay Seller

Hi everyone,

Few weeks back, a chap was advertising a Nugget Yellow Valver on E-Bay. Part of his description was along the lines of...

Only 16 imported into the UK of this colour, 4 are now scrapped, his is for sale, leaving only 10 remaining.

I'm curious if this statement was correct.

I know the Nugget Yellow's seem to be few & far between, but where could he have found this information or was it just a sales ploy to try & entice someone into buying a rare coloured car?

Kev

sounds like a load of arse to me but, ignoring the fact that he can't add up, i'm sure there are more than 10 on this forum alone..

all the following is my views may be proved wrong

nugget yellow was only available for two years half of "g" all of "h" and half of "j" then colour fade begin showing up so VW dropped the colour , corrados were very expensive car on the road price of my valver in 1990 was £17.500 as windows and sunroof were £500 each and mine also had the leather wheel and handbrake handle another £80 option so there were very few valvers sold and even fewer non standard colours (standard colours were red.white ,and black ) which also added to the price

i was told a long time ago that there were only 80 or so valvers i've had mine 8 years ans seen more than 16 my self ,i think there were 9000 ish corrado's sold in the uk and a good guess is the about half have gone to the scrap yard in the sky now after all some are 19 years young by now

all this i my opinion do't shout at me if i'm wrong

Rob

I saw 3 nugget yellow's at Ed38 this year and I know a bloke in Tadley who's got 2 ...

The bloke is talking out of his arse!

The bloke is talking out of his arse!

Obviously trying a selling ploy as I suspected.

I know what you mean about the colour fade too Rob. I T Cutted mine last year and within months, it looked like it had never been done.

I have now started doing the rust on the wheel arches and other area's on the body & using the Nugget Yellow colour code LK1B, there's a heck of a difference. I will be putting sponsor stickers on in the near future, so it won't look too bad, hee hee

Kev

I was once told that there were in 28 original RHD "nuggets" sold in the UK but I'm sure that Andy665 can probably clarify that.

There are certainly more than 10. I've seen more than that number at shows over the years.

I also know of one for sale (in Dumfries, Scotland) if anyone is feeling the urge I can put you in contact

John

Cheers Guys,

Rob, there are 2 Nuggets on just this thread alone now, LOL. Good bit of info there. Thanks

Kev

3 now :)

I have heard from several sources that there were only 19 RHD G60's imported - I have no way of being able to confirm it - I would imagine a fair few more valvers were sold though

Ah, they are starting to come out of the woodwork now. I do still believe though, the Nuggets are still fewer in numbers than the other main stream colours.

Am I being a sad git if I start a new thread and see how many respond?

Kev

I have heard from several sources that there were only 19 RHD G60's imported - I have no way of being able to confirm it - I would imagine a fair few more valvers were sold though

I read somewhere that there were 25 UK Nugget G60's, I think a lot of these figures are made up tbh! - Over the years i'm sure i've seen more than 25 different Nugget G60's for sale (including my own!)

You would have thought that the figures for how many of each colour sold would be available really.

Stick another Nugget on the list :)

and another :D

51 on the forum according to that topic on colours....... 8)

Cheers Martin.

Wish I had done this thread when the guy was advertising. Would have been so funny to ask a question on his statement just to see if he had the courage to reply, :lol:

Kev

Cheers Martin.

Wish I had done this thread when the guy was advertising. Would have been so funny to ask a question on his statement just to see if he had the courage to reply, :lol:

Kev

That's 3 nugget rados along the north coast of Scotland, yours in Aberdeen, mine in Elgin area and ChubbyBrowns over at Inverness.

That's 3 nugget rados along the north coast of Scotland, yours in Aberdeen, mine in Elgin area and ChubbyBrowns over at Inverness.

I ain't never had an automotive threesome before. Come to think of it, I ain't ever had any type of threesome :lol:

Cheers Yan.

Kev