Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Highest Corrado mileage contest

I looked at a VR a few years ago on 290k miles - it was dead and needed every part of it replacing!

My sisters VR is approaching 250k miles tho and still driving really well.

My TDI chassis is on about 236k now - drives superb but really needs a re-shell

My VR is on 178k miles, and was still putting out 215 bhp at its last dyno. The front is stonechipped to death, though, and there is the odd little spot of rust now appearing here and there.

Bought mine with 82k on the clock, now sitting at 163k

By my reckoning that is 81k I have done in mine.

6 years 6 months ownership - average per year approx 12.5 k - pretty standard mileage there then ! 8)

we are wierd folk arent we......good thread, like the way it got twisted.......the things you would do for a twix !!

As long as they are looked after I guess they will go forever

I swear by 6000 mile oil changes make the difference - well a big part anyway !

12 years and I've done 85K of the 165K in it, other cars have come and gone alongside it and I plan on another 12 years, then my son can have a drive in it.

As long as they are looked after I guess they will go forever

I swear by 6000 mile oil changes make the difference - well a big part anyway !

Mine has full service history from new, I gave it a full service in March when I bought it and then changed oil 2 weeks ago so I plan to keep on top of it and keep it healthy!!

Not the highest but this took patience :D

:lol: awesome!

187K on mine, 114K of those I abused myself in 7 years. Just realised that's 16K average per year and I've been telling my insurance companies I only do 12K :shock:

Drove a 16V Corrado for the three years previous to that and put on 22K in it's last seven months with me. Poor little thing never complained.

My car only shows 122k on the clock but when I did an hpi (naturally AFTER I bought it) it shows a mileage discrepancy. Doesn't say what that might be but looking through the history I can't see how there can be a mileage discrepancy, unless it's from ages ago. It's a 17 year old car. But that does mean my Rado has potentially done infinite miles so I win the twix! :D

If there's no advance on 202k, I guess you are the winner Kempy!

You know where the corner shop is... :lol:

myns done 203k :p

If there's no advance on 202k, I guess you are the winner Kempy!

You know where the corner shop is... :lol:

I'll have to wait till friday when I get paid

Edit: i'll have to drive to one 1k away it appears :p:p

My sisters VR is approaching 250k miles tho and still driving really well.

I assume thats mine your talking about there SuperCharged. I'll check tonight, but I think it's just gone over 268K now.

Still considering selling it - so maybe I can use this as a unqiue selling point!

mines on just over 194k now (about 22k of that since i've had it if i remember right) although recently had an engine swap.

Just completed 200,000 yesterday,Same engine, same gearbox same clutch even, I bought the car from a mate who had it from new and he confirmed the clutch has never been changed. However the cylinder head is leaking first gear whines and the clutch is beginning to slip just a tad and the timing chains need doing. Looks like an expensive time is to come just as well I'm getting divorced in the bargain.

Just completed 200,000 yesterday,Same engine, same gearbox same clutch even, I bought the car from a mate who had it from new and he confirmed the clutch has never been changed. However the cylinder head is leaking first gear whines and the clutch is beginning to slip just a tad and the timing chains need doing. Looks like an expensive time is to come just as well I'm getting divorced in the bargain.

Good work charley. So will that be the 8th set of chains to go on the VR? :norty:

Nope still original timing chains and they don't rattle as bad as some on half that mileage(still need doing though). Suff I have had to do on a regular basis is as follows:

5 headlight switches

3 door handle thingeys

2 sunroof motors

3 steering wheels

4 front mount bolts with resulting damage to bonnet.

3 new rear silencers all due to rear end shunts.

1 Rad

1 heater core

2 sets of top mounts that never needed changing just a Pratt at the MOT centre wrongly failed them (twice).

1 snapped steering rack (terrifying).

I guess the worst thing about high milage cars is they get more rattles every day, when I bought it there were 140,000 mainly motorway miles on it, so she was still pretty tightly held together. But since I have been using it as a van for the last few years things fall off on a fairly regular basis. I can't tell you how difficult it is not to scratch the leather when you bunging in ten lengths of 4x2.

Still she polishes up pretty well so I'm hoping when I get my money from the divorce I can spend a bit on her (the car that is)

My sisters VR is approaching 250k miles tho and still driving really well

Steve, glad my old VR is still going strong! 8) Think it was on around 208K when I sold it? My last VR was on 197K when I sold it, and was probably the fastest, best running C I've owned 8)

Gary, just out of interest, how much would you be looking for?

175k in my 8 valver.... I bought it with 48k on it, so |I have covered 127k miles in this car in 10 years of ownership....

plus the car is on its original engine and gearbox, and as far as i know is still on its original engine mounts, clutch and front wheel bearings...

Mark