Sign in to follow this  
swiftkid

Petrol price!!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I have just filled my car up with petrol thats costs 99.9p a litre at morrisons... get it while its cheap! apparently tesco's and asda have dropped it to that as well. Lets just cross our fingers it stays that way!

That's annoying, filled mine up last night at Morrisons at 104.99.

Might even have to lift my Ban on myself of no racing for journeys to and from work - yippee !!

ANd so it should be going down. Crude is 1/2 the price it was at the peak of fuel prices and yet petrol prices haven't dropped 50%!!!!

nick

Might even have to lift my Ban on myself of no racing for journeys to and from work - yippee !!

So the rest of the motoring public have been safe around your way for the last little while have they? :wink:

I read somewhere that if prices drop below ~$60 (ish) it'll actually be costing the oil companies more than that just to process it etc. still, I doubt it'll eat too much into their BILLIONS of profits eh! :bad-words:

It's great, so to celebate I actually treated the Rado to it's first tank of Vmax since I bought it and it's made a surprising difference. Vmax from now on me thinks!

Nick

Yeah that's what I mean't although I think I was just getting my Vpower and Optimax muddled up. Been a long time since I stuck any super in one of my cars.

Nick

Went to fill up last night and Vpower is still 111.9 here in cambridge.... it makes me :pukeright:

I'd almost consider it profiteering. Hopefully it'll come down over the weekend.

Went to fill up last night and Vpower is still 111.9 here in cambridge.... it makes me

I'd almost consider it profiteering. Hopefully it'll come down over the weekend.

Unleaded is 94.9p and V power is 102.9p just down the road in Peterborough :cheers:

Dropped to 97.9p now!

I'm really going to have to get a few Late night laps of the "Ring" in to burn off this tank of £1.08 Tesco's 99ron so I can get the "sale price" Petrol! (following "Bird-logic" on sales that is! :lol: )

The Octane of petrol is measured in RON (Research Octane Number), they are the same thing.

Tesco is supposedly 99 RON and V-power is suposedly 98 RON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

I just dont like supermarket fuel, i had a tank full from sainsbury's that turned out to be mostly water, so myself and quite a few people in the local area had to have their tanks drained, supermarkets also seem to be the ones in the news when contaminants like silicone are found in the fuel.

The Octane of petrol is measured in RON (Research Octane Number), they are the same thing.

Tesco is supposedly 99 RON and V-power is suposedly 98 RON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

I just dont like supermarket fuel, i had a tank full from sainsbury's that turned out to be mostly water, so myself and quite a few people in the local area had to have their tanks drained, supermarkets also seem to be the ones in the news when contaminants like silicone are found in the fuel.

Exactamundo!