Purple Tom

Purple Tom's Corrado TDi - gone

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments everyone :)

I'll update the thread again soon with my impressions of driving it.

Amazing, you should be really chuffed mate :)

So when can you do mine then? :)

Edited by Walesy

Billiant, looks factory. Not sure what suspension you have but if its normal springs and dampers I have some of the JOM lowering caps for the front that will bring it down 10-15mm, there sitting gathering dust.

This has been amazing to watch unfold. Attention to detail, speed of execution. Top Marks. I can't believe how OEM it looks. Congratulations. I can see this turning into a Wiki knowledge

I have just seen this in the services carpark and wow! Looks absolutely amazing. Looks like it came out the factory like that. Great job done. Also, sounded great - not as dieselish as I would have thought. Great to meet you as well. I am sure it will turn heads at Stamford Hall and be the start of many more Diesel Corrados to come!

Have really enjoyed following this thread, Tom. What a fantastic end result- stunning! Got to be one of the neatest, well-concieved builds ever! It really does look factory- reckon you just need a pair of screw on strut covers (pence from VW) and a battery jacket :)

Well done!

Loving the thread, car and results. Cost wise what does it stand you at (just the conversion) ?

Looks totally OE. You must be well chuffed.

Absolutley FIRST CLASS, you have done an exceptional job of an excellent transplant, really hats off to you, not only to your speed but exceptional result!!!!

Wow - I really wasn't expecting such a positive response! It's a little humbling to be honest as I thought most Corrado owners would pooh-pooh the idea of a smelly diesel in a Corrado but I've been proven wrong :)

I really am so happy with it, it got me down to Stanford yesterday with no probems, then up to Leek and back to mine again over the tops, returning 57mpg on the MFA - I still need to work it out properly over a tankful to see if its accurate but I reckon it will be.

I've got a couple of Wiki articles to write; the TDi conversion and also the conversion to the more modern ABS (which is working like a dream).

I'm off to drive it a bit more now so when I've got a little more time (perhaps later this evening) I'll add a little more to what its like to drive :)

Thanks again for all of the positive replies, can't believe how well received its been!

Cheers

Tom

Awesome. Great to see this car and chat to you yesterday Tom - amazing piece of work!

Was very impressed by the OE finish you have achieved, its a very nice car

What an awesome result, very impressed. Looks so tidy, and you now can enjoy so many aspects of corrado ownership without ridiculous running/fuel costs being such an issue. I'd love a rado TDi as a daily and then the VR for the weekends! Well done that man!

Had a good look around this at Stanford too. Nice job and lovely OE fitting.

Top marks!

I can just about get 35mpg out of a VRT.........

Had a look at this on Sunday mate well impressed looks so stock, like it was made for that car. Well done mate 60 odd MPG can't complain

Brilliant conversion, unbelieveable time to completion! Really impressive pal.

Have just belatedly caught up with this thread. Absolutely superb job; I know I'm repeating others but it really looks totally OEM. I absolutely love it!