Sign in to follow this  
Pip14

I got a Corrado! I got a Corrado!

hi all, wanted to share my good news. I am now the proud owner of a 92 2.0 16v corrado :clap: :clap: shook hands on it this morning, and will pick it up with the rest of the cash either tomorrow or tuesday. For the bargain price of a grand. Havent got very good pics at mo, but you can see what she's like. I think the colour is dark burgandy pearl, is that right? Will put up better pics once I've got her home and have given her a good polish.

Good points, loads of service history, reciepts etc, most of it VW, Mot til july 09, the spoiler works (YAY, how cool is that!! :notworthy: ) Karmann interior and had 2 mechanic friends check her over and drive her and both says its sound and if I hadnt had it, they would!

Bad points, stone chips on bonnet, and bumper could do with a respray and some rust coming at the bottom of the passenger side arch but nothing major.

Now just can't wait to get her home.

also I think she's in need of a name.. any ideas? :scratch:

Looks pretty tidy there Pip, congrats. The first drive home will have you grinning like a lunatic after you've chucked it into a few corners.

It looks like a burgandy pearl but you can find the paint code in the boot on a tatty old sticker.

As for a name, you can call it "the Corrado"! lol, I never understood this attempted anthropomorphication (sp?) of cars.

As a side note, all interiors are Karmann, it wasn't a Wolfsburg product. :wink:

Nice one, looks in good nic!

It's not a Dark Burgandy Pearl, it'll be a Bordeaux Red Pearl Effect (LC3Y) :dorky:

Hello pip and welcome, as Walsey says looks more like a bordeaux! nice looking car though and not a bad price too :clap:

Nice one, looks in good nic!

It's not a Dark Burgandy Pearl, it'll be a Bordeaux Red Pearl Effect (LC3Y) :dorky:

I think you are right there Mr. Wales, its not dark enough for burgandy pearl now I look at it some more. :salute:

looks like a nice one :) and i do love that colour. as for a name?? what about HAMM.

which stands for

Have All My Money :lol:

Hi Pip, just made my way to this thread after spotting your awesome work finding an archived entry in the Spotting thread! Had to rack my brains about that spot, back in June, think I remember where I spotted it then!

Glad to see another owner in Worcester, especially one on the Forum. There are one or two of us so we'll look out for you round town. Car looks lovely, always liked Burgundy. If you do see me in the next week or so, ignore how dirty the VR is, she didn't get her usual wash today.

Take care,

Ed.

welcome to the site and car is looking good! considering the age of the car it looks in really decent nick! :D