Kevin Bacon

The wheel data thread

just took these off for a while - 15in BBS Solitude with R888 track tyre on is 16.4kg, unfortunately dont have solitude only weight though

My 17x7.5 TT Comps with Conti's on weigh 18.8kg.

Seriously? The 17" Conti is only 7.7Kg on it's own, meaning your wheels are a whopping 11.1Kg, which can't be right. Either air is heavy (I assume they're pumped up?) or your scales are a little off :D

My 17x7.5 TT Comps with Conti's on weigh 18.8kg.

Seriously? The 17" Conti is only 7.7Kg on it's own, meaning your wheels are a whopping 11.1Kg, which can't be right. Either air is heavy (I assume they're pumped up?) or your scales are a little off :D

Haha, yep the tyres were pumped up. I used my bathroom scales and they seemed good in the past. The wheels did feel a bit on the hefty side to lift! Maybe I need some TD Pro or similar then!

Haha, yep the tyres were pumped up. I used my bathroom scales and they seemed good in the past. The wheels did feel a bit on the hefty side to lift! Maybe I need some TD Pro or similar then!

Oh yes, forgot about them too - TT Comp was around 10.5kg on its own IIRC when i weighed one the other week. That air must be heavy :D

I alwways thought the TT comp wheel was quite light! I guess not then!

Yeah the 17" ProRace 1 with Conti is a really light package, 1Kg lighter than the 15" Solitude and 888 package!

Can 18x18.5" wheels with -44 offset fit on 92 Corrado VR6? Or will they require arch rooling..?

Thanks in advance

assuming you meant 8.5 wide and assuming the car is not lowered at all and you fit 20mm spacers you might get away with it but 18s rarely fit or look good on a corrado, they're just too big.

8x18 with 215/35/18 or something is doable and has been done, but 8.5x18 with 225/40/18 will cause some serious arch fouling issues.

Also consider the car will be physically jacked up quite considerably, so a beefy amount of lowering will be required to get it looking right, which further exacerbates (sp?) the arch clearance problems!

Thanks guys. The reason i asked is i have 18" almost new tires frm my Audi A6 (I got ABT 19" for A6) There was some one locally the 18x8.5" with the 5x100 fitment.

I have coilover so the car can me lowered as much as i like. Its best i do a test fit & check for clearence. If not just go the treid & tested 17" way.

Thanks

Compomotive just told me that an MO1571 weighs 7.8kg, and that a BBS Solitude weighs 8.3kg.

They now have a circuit spec 15in wheel that weighs less than 6.5kg - the CXR1571.

Hey,Will the 17" santa monica's off a mk4 golf fit on a corrado with no rubbing and without sticking out of the wheel arches? :scratch:

anyone got weights of g60 steels with 195x45 and 195x50...reason i ask is i remeber changing to g60's on a mk2 16v at was best car handled and drove had rainsports on 195x45's and felt miles lighter than the 1900mims i had on...

as im currently looking for either a very light 15'' rim or 16'' if i have to as saving weight on rims is far greater gain than stripping cars out

Agreed, there's nothing better than small rims for giving a car a very agile and effortless turn-in.

Team Dynamics ProRace 1 and 1.2 are very light 15s. OZ too. Around 6.5kg IIRC.

Steels are pretty heavy I reckon!

Is anyone still updating this? If so got a couple of wheel weightsto add to the list, although I expect few people will be after them!

MOMO Europe 10 16x7j ET35 9kg - From MOMO

OZ Lounge 10 16x7j ET35 10.9kg - from TUV certificate. Surprisingly hefty one there!

Also:

Diewe Trina 16x7j ET38 ~8kg - An estimate from supplier, so I don't know how accurate that one is.

Photoshop suggests the MOMOs actually rather suit the Corrado, so I was thinking of going for some as the Speedies are looking a bit shabby at the moment. Then plan to keep the Speedies for winter tyres, and possibly get them refurbed.

By my reckoning, including a tyre, that's between 16.5-17kg per wheel. Is that likely to have much of an adverse effect on things?

According to the list on the front page it doesn't look like the MOMOs are that far off other popular 16s so it looks reasonable to me.

Hi does anyone know the center bore hole size on the rear please , as the tt comps on the wife's car have been smashed on as the bore hole was slightly too little .