20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

the engine is back out again hopefully for the last time. i need to tidy stuff up, fit a few parts and check everything before it goes back in before for the final time.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

the shifter is installed

IMG_2468.jpg

wrapped the steering rack in heat shield to protect it from the hot exhaust

IMG_2474.jpg

fitted the vacuum pipe to the brake servo and also wrapped it in heat shield

IMG_2473.jpg

i have the expansion tank mounted on the drivers side

IMG_2470.jpg

the ecu is mounted on the original ecu bracket

IMG_2475.jpg

i have my new seats ordered but i wont have them for 10-12 weeks because they are built to order but there definitely worth the wait

ive had to skip a large amount of this thread as i may die before i finish reading......

but you sir are dedicated. or nuts. or both. but congrats on the hard work. fantastic project. major respect to you.

I haven't missed a thing! Only seen the thread last night for the first time too..!

Very impressive.

Just bought my third C but sadly do not have the time or the money to go these kind of lengths :(

Keep up the good work!

picked up this bad boy for free, stripped it for all the nice bits of trim, screws, bolts ect

genuine 38,000 miles. very very clean with no rust at all. i think it hit a tractor, easily repairable but its off to the scrap yard soon

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

i wrapped the down pipe to keep down the heat in the engine bay

IMG_2476.jpg

this is the difference between a car that is put together and a car that is well put together

ive put tape over the holes for the clips that hold on the interior panels on the rear quarters.

this stops the clips rattling and it stops the clip wearing through the paint, its the way the factory did it

IMG_2480.jpg

where do you find a FREE 38k mileage Corrado from :o

EDIT : just read the post again :brickwall: .......tractor accident !!

a lad just up the road from me owned it. he was going to put it back on the road but he decided not to bother.

its really not bad at all. just needs a new chassi leg

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: 1 for every page in this fantastic thread; while the missus was watching wallander I was glued to this thread.

You seriously have to open a garage and apply you gift to other Corrado's. I hear Swindon is a lovely place to live and I won't have to take my Corrados far then to have a bloody brilliant (what do I call you) as you are far beyond a mechanic, only two words I suppose Corrado connoisseur. Having found this I too will be watching your every move. Oh and by the way if ever you sell it 1st Dibs :grin: beat you all :p

all the interior wiring is in and ive put in new under lay

IMG_2514.jpg

the weichers rear strut brace is in

IMG_2515.jpg

my front bumper is back from the painters

IMG_2512.jpg

nice big hole to let my intercooler breath

IMG_2511.jpg

sachs racing 4 puck, metal sintered, 228mm, sprung clutch

IMG_2508.jpg

flo flex engine mounts

IMG_2507.jpg

oil cooler pipe and fittings. no need for hose clamps

IMG_2504.jpg

intercooler pipe welded

IMG_1415-1.jpg

tig welded with stainless wire

IMG_1412.jpg

very nice, good to see the progress still coming strong!! 8)

unlike mine which has just sat there all winter :(

flo flex engine mounts

IMG_2507.jpg

What's the inside info on these? Seen them on ebay, wasn't sure if they were any good.

nice work dude, looks like its guna be a corker!

just read through all 20 pages. :shock:

will you be able to drive it when its finished?

What's the inside info on these? Seen them on ebay, wasn't sure if they were any good.

very well made, fit perfect and ive heard good things about them

ill be able to tell you more about them when the engine is in a running

nice work dude, looks like its guna be a corker!

just read through all 20 pages. :shock:

will you be able to drive it when its finished?

ya, as soon as its finished ill be driving it :D

ya, as soon as its finished ill be driving it :D

sweeeet! with attention to detail like that it will be well worth it, good luck with the remaining build.

will keep an eye on your progress as youv got a good thread going here :thumbleft:

ok just a small update

ill start with the front engine mount, people say you can use the standard front engine mount bracket but its not true, it doesnt fit properly.

heres the problem, there is no bolt holding the right side

IMG_2519.jpg

heres a bracket i had in the shed, first i wanted to drop the front of the engine by an inch

this is the original position

IMG_2516.jpg

and heres the new position

IMG_2517.jpg

and now i have a bracket that bolts in three places

IMG_2518.jpg

starter taken apart and sand blasted

IMG_2522.jpg

back to the never ending story of my brakes, ive been chatting to some very knowledgeable guys and we came to the conclusion i need bigger front calipers so here they are. now when i say its a tight fit i mean tight fit, im amazed i can fit brakes that big behind 17" wheels

IMG_2520.jpg

ive done some more work on the rear brake/ hub setup and now i have gotten rid of the terrible roller taper bearings and now have proper cartridge bearings, i also have no caliper adapters so everything blots up simply and properly just like i should.

IMG_2531.jpg

This topic is amazing, the first page alone had be gawping at the screen in disbelief!

I wish I had the kit and knowhow to take on things of such magnitude, this is going to be better than brand new when you're finished!

Mik

i had to make a new shifter cable bracket to allow the cables to take a different route to avoid the downpipe

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

i had to have custom caliper brackets cnc machined because no one makes a caliper bracket with 140mm between the holes to fit porsche gt3 front calipers. they are made from calmax steel. if you dont know what it is look it up, serious stuff, not cheap tho

IMG_2558.jpg

my handbrake calipers arrived, i made a fully floating custom bracket to hold them.

IMG_2563.jpg\

all the glass is in except for the windscreen which i have ordered and will be here soon.

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

the engine is back in for the final time, in the middle of fitting all the vacuum hoses and the forge recirculating valve.

IMG_2561.jpg

havent had any time to work on the corrado because ive been working on my other car but im finally back at it.

blasted all my calipers back to bare alloy.

IMG_2580.jpg

all the pistons were taken out and the calipers were given a bath to get them perfectly clean

IMG_2583.jpg

a few coats of primer

IMG_2581.jpg

between each coat of paint they got put into the oven to bake

IMG_2582.jpg

the color (porsche GT3 RS orange) and stickers put on

IMG_2584.jpg

a few coats of lacquer and 20 mins in the oven to seal the deal, very pleased with the results.

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg