voo51

My Corrado 16v project .....Now breaking

I went to the DIY store and got some glue remover. I will get the name of it and post it on here. Another panel done today. My arm is really hurting! Simon suggested I should take the bonnet off but I though ' nah , I can do it!' I guess he was right!! Never mind!

I can't see the front arches being widened in the forseeable future and I like it with just the rears done :D

The inlet and rocker were off ebay. To be honest I have tryed to do the whole car as cheap as possible, everything is off ebay or this forum! I avoid getting new parts unless absolutely needed.

Also fitted polished/chrome door locks today. :)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf16062009453.jpg[/attachment:34xtwnqr]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf16062009454.jpg[/attachment:34xtwnqr]16062009455.jpg[/attachment:34xtwnqr]

A few pics from Dubmainia on a very wet Sunday. Came within the top 15, well chuffed!! :D :D :D

looking good! love the wide backside...

i actually noticed on one of the pics on page 4 that you have toyo proxies on... is it me, or is the tread facing the wrong way?? :shock:

i actually noticed on one of the pics on page 4 that you have toyo proxies on... is it me, or is the tread facing the wrong way?? :shock:

Well spotted!! Yes you are right! They have since been changed with nice zinc plated wheel nuts :)

Well spotted!! Yes you are right! They have since been changed with nice zinc plated wheel nuts :)

thought so... i only noticed cos i got the same tyres... :tongue:

very nice tho... was a little unsure about the wide rear arches at 1st, but after seeing it all sprayed nicely it looks gooooood!

Finally finished the bonnet, sorry for the late replies. The solution I have used is called HG Sticker Remover, available from DIY shops. I have used just the one bottle but I need another to detail it.

Also fitted new wing mirror glass and polished strut tops as well as the plated wheel bolts.

I also have a new near side door rubber tha will go on tomorrow.

There is still so much to do though!!

just read your thread and am very impressed!! keep up the good work, great style!!

wish my girlfriend had good taste like you :wink:

Voo that looks stunning, really really like it! :luvlove:

What back box did you get fitted? Looks close to the bumper like my oval supersprint back box - which bangs over some bumps :(

Thankyou!!!

I have no idea what backbox it is. You will never believe it but I bought it for £10 off ebay! It is like new. It has no marks on it though that say what brand it is, but I love it! Where we live there are millions of speed bumps and our drive is on a hill, luckily it doesn't bang, but it does mean I cannot lower the car any more :(

saw you car at GTI international on saturday, it was looking pretty damn sweet, loving the back end.. looks a beaut!

didn't take mine she was chilling out at home, went up in my mates half normal half ratted scirocco... doubt you missed it :)

P270609_12.53.JPG[/attachment:35frxdzo]

went up in my mates half normal half ratted scirocco... doubt you missed it :)

i sure didnt miss two face :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHA!! Yes we saw the scirocco, it was so cool!! Really put a smile on our faces :)

Really miffed off at the minute. When the car had all its work done at the bodyshop there were little imperfections which really wound me up. So, I took it back time after time with lists of what was wrong and nothing was done. Well, a few bits were done but not up to standard. Today, it is there for the 8th time to have these bits fixed and when I took it in this morning they just havn't the time of day for me or the car. So, I am giving up with them. I have just been to the coachworks down the road and they are going to have a look at it later for me.

I would have thought if a bodyshop had spent so much time and a customer so much money on a car they would want to do the work properly. Obviously I was wrong. I think the main problem is they are now the only bodyshop for a local car supermarket and they are just getting so much work in from them. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

For this weekend I will have to put up with the anoying bits of paintwork, but they WILL be fixed!!

:bad-words:

Gona have to give that sticker remover a go. Ive been using bug and tar remover and its not doing anything :(

Ive not seen your thread before, Really like the rear, I need it done so that I can get mine wheels fitted. I must see this I the flesh :clap: :clap:

Ive not seen your thread before, Really like the rear, I need it done so that I can get mine wheels fitted. I must see this I the flesh :clap: :clap:

I wouldn't recogmend the bodyshop who did mine though, as I say, loads of problems with the spraying and carelessness! :(

Followed you out from gti inters, looked very nice mate.

Was impressed by the arches too. 8)

Thankyou! :)

Gona have to give that sticker remover a go. Ive been using bug and tar remover and its not doing anything :(

I would definately recogmend it. You need a toothbrush and cloth with it, oh, and lots of arm muscle!

I wouldn't recogmend the bodyshop who did mine though, as I say, loads of problems with the spraying and carelessness! :(

thats a shame i was going to ask for some more info on who did it for you im not after the "wide ass" but i suppose a company who nows what a corrado is would be a bonus as the last 2 i rang have never heard of them :shock:

Hi,

I thought I recognised your car!

Was nice to meet you today at Santa Pod :D

Hope everything works out with the paint

Was nice to meet you too and see your immaculate Corrado!

thats a shame i was going to ask for some more info on who did it for you im not after the "wide ass" but i suppose a company who nows what a corrado is would be a bonus as the last 2 i rang have never heard of them :shock:

You are welcome to come and have a look at the problems, to be honest I will probably post pics up on here soon. I have now been to East Midlands Coachworks down the road and they have very reasonable prices and seen to know what they are on about. They are respraying a Corrado in a few weeks and are going to ring me to go down and have a look at their work once it is done. I can get you their number/ address if that is any help?

My shiney reconditioned alternator has arrived so that is going on at the weekend!! :D

cool car, quite like wide arses :shock: this is the quickest modded corrado i have seen on the forum, just not sure about the red lights, i think they clash with the body colour, unless your going for that Gock Wann (whatever his name is) girly clashing colour thing! in which case i think you should go for a pink corrado badge! :)

do all English people call girls 'mate' sounds terrible :ignore:

i think its more the case if someone said hun or chick or love then it might go down as they are trying to get into them!

loving the car hun/chick/love/mate whichever you fancy lol :)

Was hoping to get over and see this on Saturday, but missed you by a few minutes. Was struggling to move still. :lol:

It's ok Toad, after seing the pictures and hearing the stories i understand!

Mate is perfectly fine! :)

As for being done fast i have had her for over a year and half and still so much to do!

Nice looking C. You must be proud!

I've found this thread very interesting. I'm going to buy another C in the next 12 months, and I'm not sure whether to buy a wreck and do it up, or buy something that's in pretty good nick and do it up. VR prices are pretty low at the minute (£2000 - £2500 for something reasonable). How much was yours to begin with, and how much have you spent so far (if you don't mind me asking - PM me if you'd prefer). I don't want to buy a banger and then have to spend thousands just getting it through its MOT.

Unusual situation this though - most girls I know don't think that having a phat ass is a compliment. Keep it up!