fla

Aqua blue pearl VR - p.34 bonnet cable repair

about £40 - £50 for the pair... if i can remember rightly... :brickwall:

try £45 each...

i bought one back in february. and still havent fitted it lol.

about £40 - £50 for the pair... if i can remember rightly... :brickwall:

try £45 each...

i bought one back in february. and still havent fitted it lol.[/quote:1icpb1le]

really? maybe ur right... shiiit... i got a memory like a sieve!

very nice mate still cant decide if i like the painted numberplate surround or not.... need to get mine booked in for some touch ups soon she starting to look a bit grotty :/

Young dub, i might still need your deft hands on bringing the best out of it - i'll give Zak a shout and see what he says. Hows the A3 running?

Its great thanks, I love it :D

Well i adjusted the rear shocks to give the same rate of damping - put them in a vice and pressed the down together and watched them return to normal. Then adjusted the 'fast' one to match the speed of the slower one.

Front shocks have also been painted now, just need reassembly with so hopefully thats next weekend's projects. Hate the yellow, much prefer the silver bodies now. Will post up pics when they're ready to fit.

Looking good!

The respray looks great! Very envious of a job well done! :D The shocks look good too!

thanks guys - i need to clean and polish the door shuts, lube up the rubbers and seals and it'll be much better. Also, i didnt put any oil on the shock rubbers so the overspray needs to be removed and the rubbers relubed. Then they're ready to be assembled. Thing is, its damn cold now and i'm a wimp when it comes to working on cars in the winter :camp:

I don't blame you, it is apparently going to be -3 tonight! You would end up freezing your fingers to your struts!

Just had the aircon evacuated and recharged. Looking forward to rapid demisting of the windows now :D :D

You know what james? You're seriously tempting me - although Da Boss and my mum will probably disown me if i suggest anything related to major mods on teh car :(

:)

Just some basic derattling today - not much time to do much. The tailgate trims seem to rattle a bit (maybe they dont, but just another thing to rule out) Simple self adhesive pads under the clip mounting slots, plus some ties for the two pipes for the spoiler mech. These wobble - are they meant to? Now with the tie wraps they dont move at all.

Trial fitted everything without teh mounting clips to see where the noise source was, before pressing them into place.

Just need to fit the main tailgate cover and thats done.

Just a few more changes - new gearknob and red rears although these aren't flashing right at present. I'll be assembling the 'new' shocks hopefully this week and install them next week. Then that'll probably be it for this year apart from a few tweaks around the engine and sorting out some minor niggles.

never read your build before very good wish so wish i had cream leather...... tempted to re colour my whole interior but its tooooo cold at the mo plus i still cant decide weather or not im in love with my car (hence the for sale thread)

would love to know more on the auto to manual change over time taken cost problems extras needed etc

would love to know more on the auto to manual change over time taken cost problems extras needed etc

I'd be happy to help, although i think i've put up some of my build notes in the thread. Drop me a pm if you wish

Now I can see why you thought it was like looking at your own car when you saw my build thread :D

Looks very good mate, better than my own. Love the body colour handles, mirrors and rear plinth. Thats something I would like to do in the future :luvlove:

The cream interior is very tasty :notworthy:

thnaks for the comments chaps. Sprayed them James, but i dont know how goos they'll be in the summer - i've been told that the tint tends to fade. I've also got a set with teh reverse clear with the Empire graphics overlays, might try them later. First need to do the suspension and brakes then other bits and bobs.

Car looks terrible atm because of the weather - come March time it'll be treated to a nice detail, starting with all the seals & plastics.